Page 197 of 209 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 197

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hooray, I lost my wheat cheat weight this morning!

3 pound gain that took 4 days to lose for some dim sum and nachos, I really don't' see it being worth it until I get WAY under 200. But if I go off the reservation as my rebellious nature is wont to do, well, I know I'll get right back on program. That is a good feeling.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    NK: What about warm milk/coconut milk with some cinnamon? My favorite chai mix is Tazo's organic chai. I don't have the ingredients in front of me, but I'm 99% it's all paleo-friendly. I steep it dark and add a good splash (or chunk, if my coconut milk sets up in the fridge) of coconut milk. No sweetener required, really soothing to me. I actually prefer it over any coconut milk hot chocolate drink I've ever made.

For those dealing with acne: I have been reading about different skin maintenance methods. Some people wash with oils, but it can take some trial and error to get the ratios of different oils right for your skin. My forehead tends to accumulate oil, always has, though less so than it was pre-primal. In the shower last night, I scrubbed a teaspoon or slightly more of baking soda onto my face, focusing on my forehead and chin (problem areas). When I got out of the shower, I splashed with cool water. My pores looked much tighter, blackheads on my nose (always there, not really huge, but can't get rid of them) were much less noticeable. In the morning, my pimples looked a little better too.

For individual pimples, cysts (pimples below the surface, not "white heads") and healing spots, use a dab of tea tree oil in the morning and evening (one of those should be post-shower, if you shower daily). AND DON'T TOUCH. haha
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Today, I have found that I can get my knee boots all the way up to my knees. I can say that for the first time in my life EVER that my calves are now within a normal size range. They've always been big and bulky. My jeans feel like they are about to fall off me and I don't own any belts. I'm a wearing a bra that I bought years ago and never been able to wear and it finally fits me comfortably. I can button up my coat and I have wiggle room in it. I'm really curious to see what the scale will say in the morning.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    So, for those of you who don't frequent my journal, I wanted to tell you about a little crisis I am having. I am on heavy duty blood thinners for a clotting disorder. Well this week I have been feeling extremely weak and breathless. I knew this was not carb flu as I am solidly in NK. I thought maybe it was my period coming on, but I think what is happening is that due to VLC eating, my body does not need as much medication to keep my blood thin. I believe I am suffering from sudden onset anemia. I have a Dr. appt to check blood levels at 11 am today. I'll let you know what happens

Meanwhile the Russian Circus with the big red tent AND the sharks arrived today. If my blood is too thin, I'm in for one hell of a show. Super bad timing for tomorrow's weigh in as well.

The good news: 15 days clean and on plan. I seem to be reading my body better. I can tell the difference between needing food and needing rest.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I feel like a yo-yo.

192.7 ~188.6~~187.9~187.O~191.9

GRRRRRRR.................
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Down to 126.4 as of this morning. I am 6.4-11.4 lb away from my HSIS weight and 4 lb away from my primal low.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm 178 today. Started Jan 1 at 185. Down 7 pounds in 4 weeks.

Changes: eating MOAR fat satiates me longer - I snack almost NEVER now! I've had a jar of almond butter in the fridge that I haven't touched in weeks. My weekend rum has reduced to only one weekend this month. My face is slimmer. I'm wearing my wedding ring again. I'm T-H-I-S close moving down a size in jeans!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Does anyone like cashew butter?
    It tastes good on a piece of apple
    I love cashew butter with celery!! YUM!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    For individual pimples, cysts (pimples below the surface, not "white heads") and healing spots, use a dab of tea tree oil in the morning and evening (one of those should be post-shower, if you shower daily). AND DON'T TOUCH. haha
    Cysts... good description. That's what I tend to get... And I rub the shit out of them trying to get them to come to a head so I can pop it, but it never works. And when I squeeze them, so much oil comes out, but no white stuff like with a zit. I guess that's why. I will get some tea tree oil for them the next time I get one. Thanks, NW!

I was going to get some vitex last night from our local hippy store, but they wanted nearly twice as much for it as Amazon, so I'll wait and get it from Amazon. Hopefully that'll help the hormones get back on track and maybe prevent the stupid skin blemishes that are occuring.

I'm really disappointed that it's so hard to keep my protein in check recently. That might be why I haven't gotten back to ketosis. I was looking forward to getting a burger tonight for dinner, but it'll screw up my ratios, so I'm going to get a cobb salad instead. Even that shoots my protein up too high (because of the chicken) but what can ya do? I'm gonna play with it some more before I set myself for the day.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I'm 178 today. Started Jan 1 at 185. Down 7 pounds in 4 weeks.

Changes: eating MOAR fat satiates me longer - I snack almost NEVER now! I've had a jar of almond butter in the fridge that I haven't touched in weeks. My weekend rum has reduced to only one weekend this month. My face is slimmer. I'm wearing my wedding ring again. I'm T-H-I-S close moving down a size in jeans!!!
    Great for you, Tomi! I'm so thrilled this is working for you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Alright, this is in response to P's request that we put down some tips and some things we have noticed non-scale as well as scale...

Tips,
    1.I find it works best when I track, sad but true.
    2.I have also discovered things work best if I pre-track, (track it before I eat it) so that I have flexibility to change something if necessary, once it is in my mouth it is too late to change it.
    3. I also find it works best to fairly equally divide my macros into the number of times that I plan to eat that day. I eat 3 times a day so my macros are generally 1/3 at each meal.

Non-scale victories...
    1. Sleep had dramatically improved-this is vital!!!!
    2. shoes and rings are looser
    3. I feel better

Scale...
    not doing my measurements until my doctor's visit in March, stay tuned...