Page 196 of 209 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 196

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That rabbit rillettes recipe I posted in Paleobirds carnivore thread is exceptional on a slice of apple.

I like almond butter on apple too... but I don't tend to keep it in the house.
    The last jar went bad because I ignored it too long.
    I tend to take it in shifts... either ignore it or EAT IT ALL.
    LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    thankfully I haven't gotten to either extreme yet, so will keep it around, but if I ever do, it will be gone!
    I only ever have a little on a slice of apple (I don't eat the whole apple though, I feed the rest to my children). They eat some off a spoon every day and love it. I reakon it would be good on banana too LOL, if I ate bananas.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    The best thing about me and bananas is that I ONLY like them for approximately one day of their ripeness cycle... and then only sort of.
    So if I buy them, and don't feel like eating the banana the day that it is all yellow with exactly the right amount of green at each end (one day past so much green it's basically inedible)... then it's over... I just won't eat one at all.
    Once its gone all yellow it begins to taste over ripe to me. And all the gods forbid it has even the beginning of freckles... rotten, rotten tasting I tell you. GAH!
    So husband has to eat them all.

Plantains are a different story. Cooked, black ripe plantains are like everything that is wrong with bananas made magically right!
    I save them for special occasions.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    ive never tried plantains but I am sure we can't get them here.

sigzephyr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I got all my numbers for the day plugged in and have gotten good with getting most of my fats from food. I keep getting upset over not being able to exercise right now. Even though none of this is in my chest, I still just want to sleep most of the time. I have such fear of loose skin. Last night, I was sitting in bed looking at my thighs and they are looking thinner, but I realized that at the top of my thighs, by my hips, there is a decent amount of loose skin and I started to cry. Made me feel like I can't win for losing.
    Geostump, have you tried dry skin brushing? I believe it is very useful to help tighten loose skin. I do it nightly before my shower and moisturise with sweet almond oil after my shower. It's a great detox too.

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    I've had this stack of "goal pants" for a long time, basically I whipped out jeans of all different sizes, larger to smaller and since I got rid of grain and sugar, I've slowly worked my way through them. They are markers of progress.
    Way to go, Ashley!!!! I sometimes think I am the only one who has a stack of jeans waiting to be worn and then I come here and find that I am not the only one. I truly find inspiration/motivation for everyone here...it is very nice and refreshing. Anyway, my next pair of jeans are from the pre-pregnancy era and I know that will take a bit, but I am feeling empowered!
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
    LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
    CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

B2B
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Does anyone like cashew butter?
    It tastes good on a piece of apple
    Ayla, I absolutely love cashew butter, so much somthat I can not keep it in the house. Spoonfuls disappear and the jar is suddenly empty and that is before my DH and DS know it is in the pantry! The last time I had some, I made a bread out of it from this website pre-EMF and did not calculate the macros. I just wanted to use it up and get it out of the house

» Grain-free Sandwich Bread (Paleo and SCD) Against All Grain
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    OK All, I know that it is only the 31st, but I wanted to share my success for this partial month ( truly beginning EMF on 1/11).

Da-ta-da..down 9.5 pounds and missing a totally of 5.5 inches!! I feel super-great

A co-worker and I have challenged each other to keep on track with our perspective WOE and will be weighing and measuring on the 15th and the last day of the month. This should keep me motivated pretty much all of the time with work during the day and you on the forum when I can get an Internet connection.
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Way to go B2B. I've found sticking to a WOE is easier with support. I'm glad you and your co-worker have the challenge going and that there is a supportive group here to keep you (and me and everyone) going. Grok on!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hurray for Tomi and her ring, Ashley and her pants, B2B and the pounds!!!

Okay everyone, sometime today or tomorrow make your final January report here. Don't forget to include non scale changes. The new thread will open by 8:30 am tomorrow. Please let me know if I should add anything to the first post as it will act as a living document. For fun, You might want to recap your Jan report and give your "best EMF advice" in your first post on the new thread.