Page 195 of 209 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 195

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I LOVE my sharper Image scale! Not crap at all! Sharper Image is actually considered a higher end product. When they change something about the model the previous ones get sold less expensively.
    YAY!!!! That makes me happy. I know their air filters are crappy.

Tomi, how exciting!!!!

Ashley, congratulations on the smaller pants! It takes me about 30-35 lbs to change sizes, and I think it will be 40 from 20 to 18, because i was pushing out of the 20s. I completely understand your impatience!! It will be here in a blink though!

Calee, keep walking and drinking lots of water! The bloat will go!

Ayla, are there huge butterflies in NZ?

Naida, mainline, hahahaha, I love the visual!

Cori, do you have any left? I'll be right over. Do you get that at regular grocery store? I bet the International market would have it, I may have to try it, instructions please?

Panda, do you watch Idol? Tonight is spectacular.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Cori, do you have any left? I'll be right over. Do you get that at regular grocery store? I bet the International market would have it, I may have to try it, instructions please?
    Found it at my local butcher shop! There is a growing hispanic population so they have it to make chiccarones (pork rinds).
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Oh fun, now we need to get a broken window replaced thanks to my 5 year old being silly and not listening to me. Thankfully it was a toy that broke it and not his head
    Cheapest quote I got was $220, so annoying!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    That's awesome Tomi!

I'm excited as well! I've had this stack of "goal pants" for a long time, basically I whipped out jeans of all different sizes, larger to smaller and since I got rid of grain and sugar, I've slowly worked my way through them. They are markers of progress. Tonight I put the ones on the bottom of the pile on, without even having to lay on my bed to get them buttoned lol. Don't get me wrong, they are snug, but a year ago, they wouldn't have fit on one leg lol! They are CK's, size 7. Like a 90's size 7. I think we bought them when I was like 12. "Grew" out of them and never wore them again. I think once those fit me well, I will be about where I should be. Oh, the closer I get to my correct weight, the more impatient I become!
    HOLY COW!!!! a 90s size 7 is more a 3-4 now! How exciting! I'm shooting for a comfortable size 8. At my age, I'll never fit into the odd numbered junior sizes..............

Its so much fun hearing of everyone's progress and successes!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    It was just a medium-small shank end of a ham I got from my butcher... so it was organic/drug free/and whatnot, but not pastured.

I get the smaller shank ends from him cheaper as they have a lot of skin and bone on them and less meat I suppose... maybe people don't want that. I think he does some boneless ham roll cuts for people that result in these less meat smaller shank ends that I like to get for just husband and myself.

Anyway, I slow roast the thing for several hours tented with foil until it is very tender, the bone is exposed, and the skin is soft and well cooked. Then I score the skin into small squares and glaze it a bit with whatever is handy... honey and mustard or spiced reduced orange juice are a couple of things I use. Whatever. Then back in the oven to set the glaze and firm up the skin. Glaze isn't really necessary... I never use sauce when I do pork belly and the skin is similar to the pork belly thing... it gets soft and sticky with a little chewiness to it... but on the ham I never crisp the top, I just eat it soft.

Husband doesn't like it.
    I'm thankful for this... more for me!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Oh we are making a run to the international market this weekend for new cuts of meat to try! Thanks for the inspiration cori!

That said, I always feel weird when I post for the first time in someone's journal. Like I am eavesdropping or sitting at someone's lunch table in HS without an invite.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Oh we are making a run to the international market this weekend for new cuts of meat to try! Thanks for the inspiration cori!

That said, I always feel weird when I post for the first time in someone's journal. Like I am eavesdropping or sitting at someone's lunch table in HS without an invite.
    Well... you're welcome in my journal... but I'll warn you, it gets a bit weird in there if you are planning to read it all.
    I'm super honest about a lot of stuff and I've worked through a LOT of old territory in the past year... major illness can do that.

There may be some super honest/personal and long posts of mine floating around in the journals of a couple of other members too from when there were some direct question asked about something... but I'm not bothered.
    Whatever I've put out there I'm OK with others reading.

That's how this journaling thing works.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Cori I have started your journal but have not got far lol

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Does anyone like cashew butter?
    It tastes good on a piece of apple