Page 190 of 209 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 190

demuralist is online now Senior Member

Unhappy

Primal Fuel
    Oh man, not that I wish it on anyone, but I am glad I am not the only one with some break out issues. I had no more than 3 pimples all through high school, and generally my skin is one of my best features (that and my hair) and wow, I gotta tell you my face is not looking good. It isn't your typical acne, it is almost more like a rash, but not clumped like a rash more of the frequency of light acne. weird. a friend gave me some cream her doc had given her when she went through menopause and had a similar situation. But I haven't used it, I don't like putting stuff like that on my face.

p.s. choco lives for controversy, he is one of the main reasons I don't visit the hinterland.

pss my move out of carb flu was gradual, back in is abrupt though
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-30-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: add ps

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyloh View Post
    I have another question,I hope you don't mind answering this for me ladies.

When you got over the Carb-flu,did you just wake up one morning and feel great or was it more of a gradual thing?

Meaning,did you feel a bit better each day/week?

Hope this isn't a dumb question!
    I think its different for everyone. I, for one woke up feeling like I could run a marathon.
    Georgette

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I used to have awful skin as a teen. I had small break outs everywhere about a week ago. Now, my rosacea doesn't even flare up.
    Georgette

Shyloh is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I think its different for everyone. I, for one woke up feeling like I could run a marathon.
    I was kinda thinking this as I was typing out out my post. I guess a lot depends if you were eating low carb before starting to eat Primal/Paleo or how fast a person was to drop their carbs.

Today,is a good day for me. Better than yesterday,that's for sure!
    Started eating Primal January 14th,2013
    CW: 126 lbs/GW 125lbs
    I am new to Primal/Paleo,loving it so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    For me, my main symptom each time I lowered my carbs was hunger. And it left suddenly. Like I can remember the moments. One I was walking in the field and my hunger just went away. My hunger has been more normal since, for the most part.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    For me, it's kind of gradual. But I second the hunger. I've been following the HFLC strictly all week and today I feel hungry (consequently, I'm also low on fat and currently sitting on my refrigerated coconut cream "egg" trying to thaw it out so I can eat some to bring the fat up). My face is also broken out - around my mouth, but to the sides (as in, not on my chin - more like the lateral edges of my chin). It's jacked up.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    My breakouts are at the bottom edge of both sides of my mouth, and at the bridge of my nose sort of between the eyebrows, plus a few random here and there.

I read a meme on facebook that showed my zit locations as being tied to the pancreas... coincidentally, this last weekend was full of carby foods - carbs turn to sugar... sugar stimulates the pancreas. Possibly a link?

Ok, I need everyone's advice... two nights a week, I have class. This equals eating "on the economy" two nights each week and the next two days for lunch.

In our society, there is the push for low fat, high protein, so everywhere you go has crappy food choices for someone like you and me who are trying to eat high fat.

I like to go to Village Inn b/c I feel their menu offers the greatest chance of finding a Primal food without hidden wheat (omelets, eggs, steak, etc) on the cheaper side of the wallet.

Some of their food items are entered in MFP, and everything I'm looking at is higher on the protein side than the fat side. Here is their menu: Village Inn: Menu

Can you help me find something to eat that isn't going to totally screw my macros for the day?

My remaining "allowance" for macros is 415 calories, 20 carbs, 39 gm fat, 0 protein (HA!). I completed 287 calories worth of exercise today, so I could eat that and still technically be at a deficit for the day.

An additional note to consider - I do NOT like avocado as in "eating an avocado straight from the peel". I have to have it IN something.

If you guys can't find anything on this menu, I'd be willing to go grocery shopping for dinner, but please remember, I'll be in a classroom, not a kitchen. Whatever I eat has to have very little preparation with it.

Thanks!!!

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can't find any ingredients, so that makes it hard. I'd probably go with a salad and bring my own homemade creamy type dressing.