Page 189 of 209 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 189

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I think my body is purging crap again. I'm breaking out. Given that I can count on one hand the number of zits I've had in my life up until this point, I'm really hoping that's what it is.
    My body did this about a week and a half ago and even broke out in hives a few times. Not the most fun thing to go through.
    Georgette

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I think my body is purging crap again. I'm breaking out. Given that I can count on one hand the number of zits I've had in my life up until this point, I'm really hoping that's what it is.
    I can say my hormones have been the craziest I think they have ever been in my life. I had major crankiness for a bout the last week or so, better yesterday and today though. I think that's over. I know it was hormonal. Makes me think I'm getting to the heart of my pcos stuff. I sure hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Geo, 2 things...lots of garlic seems to have killed the horrendous taste in my mouth (of course that is a trade off right, but since DH and I both went over board on the garlic it should be fine, and I doubt I will be sweating out the smell in public so its all good). The other thing, I have read a lot about the loose skin issue, and truly, it will pull itself in. The skin is an amazing organ. Now it may take longer for some than others (fair skin is slower for some reason, genes have an effect, etc). But hold to the weight loss (and this is where exercise helps) and tightening the muscles and it will pull in. Hang in there!
    I made my own italian dressing with olive oil, red wine vinegar, italian seasoning and loads of garlic powder and I don't find the garlic that overpowering. I also had a lot of garlic in the bolognese that I made last night too.

I think a lot of my loose skin issues have to deal with being overweight for 26 years and never being thin as an adult. Plus, I have all the whammies against me, I'm pale (a shade away from albino according to my husband) and it just seems that certain parts of my body don't want to put muscle on no matter what I do (triceps). It just really bothers me is all.
    Georgette

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Just thought I'd pop in and let you all know that... those things/tests that Choco says we will fail from doing HFLC... like the CO2...

Yeah, I saw my neurologist again on Monday which meant blood work...
    Because I take a medication that can totally screw that stuff up too.
    And shocker!
    Mine is still PERFECT.

Carry on.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    those things/tests that Choco says we will fail from doing HFLC... like the CO2...
    I missed that, what?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Just thought I'd pop in and let you all know that... those things/tests that Choco says we will fail from doing HFLC... like the CO2...

Yeah, I saw my neurologist again on Monday which meant blood work...
    Because I take a medication that can totally screw that stuff up too.
    And shocker!
    Mine is still PERFECT.

Carry on.
    This is why I don't venture into the netherlands too often.

Congrats on the awesome bloodwork!!!!
    Georgette

Kymma is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    ok Geo (and all of us), some things to try...

1. Salt or sugar scrubs-increase blood flow & encourage healthy elastic skin
    2. collagen creams can help
    3. here is where exercise is helpful
    4. hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
    5. be patient
    6. if possible avoid sulfates in your body washes, they dry the skin out
    7. use a filter on your shower head if your water has a lot of chlorine in it

Anyone else have any ideas? We are all going to need them.

p.s. one of the recurring themes online is not to lose weight so fast that your skin can't keep up with the changing shape. So if you have some loose skin, know that it will catch up, but that it means you are seriously losing some weight! Take heart.
    I think we all have to be patient and let our bodies heal. Geo, I was sick and emotional, so hopefully it will pass!

I copied this off of Dr. Kruse's site a long time ago, in case, take it for what it is:

Loose skin solutions
    Some one asked about loose skin post weight loss too......here are my thoughts.
    after my patients lose their weight we use a few things to tighten skin over about 12 months.....high dose Vit K2 and teprenone (Oral and topical), caprylic acid (oral and topical) and high dose dietary palm and coconut oil. It does amazing things to adipocytes and the skin once the weight is gone.

We also add a couple of high dose supplements too....NAC and R-lipoic acid and resveratrol. This is not for a leptin reset.......this is when you are looking to lose the last twenty pounds after your weight loss

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I missed that, what?
    Bah... Choco likes to quote some non-scientific bunk about failing random tests for low CO2, cortisol, adrenaline, and serotonin caused by HFLC. (honestly he didn't even know what some of the test's would result in if they came back low... like that a low blood serotonin test is an indicator of a carcinoid cancer and separate from serotonin for brain function which cannot be measured by a blood test.)
    Anyway, it's bunk.

Occasionally low CO2 tests for HFLC people are caused by out of whack electrolytes. That is why I have to have regular testing. Because the medication I take depletes my potassium extremely badly so that I have to supplement to keep in balance or I can have heart palpitations and big problems from lack of potassium crashes.
    But we all know to drink our bullion around here and keep our electrolytes in check, yes... our CO2 is fine.

When I tried to point out to him that I take a medication that can cause some of those issues and do HFLC under my doctors advice to control my neurological issues... and also get tested regularly for those possible low numbers (strictly because of the medication... doc says the HFLC does not cause it) and they never happen... Choco completely ignored my post. Of course.

Just my little rant against anti-HFLC asshats for the day.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Less belly when I bent over this morning. Sca.e is staying steady but there is definitely less belly.

I'm breaking out also.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Shyloh is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have another question,I hope you don't mind answering this for me ladies.

When you got over the Carb-flu,did you just wake up one morning and feel great or was it more of a gradual thing?

Meaning,did you feel a bit better each day/week?

Hope this isn't a dumb question!
    Started eating Primal January 14th,2013
    CW: 126 lbs/GW 125lbs
    I am new to Primal/Paleo,loving it so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods