Page 187 of 209 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 187

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    We both cook, but, since he doesn't eat anything but dinner, I usually get the leftovers.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    It is funny. My husband lets me have most of the leftovers, but he is the main cook. How does it work in your house?
    Currently I am generally cooking 4-6 meals at at time. This might be the same 'meal' split into 6 servings or two different meals divided up based on the ingredients on hand. This way we have dinner, lunch, and a variety of leftovers in case something comes up and I can't cook. Sometimes I cook 6-8 servings of different meats and we are on our own for side choices.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    My DH usually won't take leftovers with meat in them (his interpretation of the cardiologists nutritionist's advice) except meatloaf, which for him I make with oatmeal (same advice). He is a carboholic! He is actually on the thin side, so obviously since I am obese and he is not, I don't know anything about nutrition even though I spent 2 years as a nutrition major. Oh sorry, started a rant there.

He eats the carby stuff, I eat the meat/protein stuff.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    The way those authors make it sound is that supplemental calcium is bad all around... I wouldn't take the chance, personally. In fact, I didn't and tossed out the rest of my calcium pills, but I didn't have 300 left. lol This is why I don't buy supplements in large quantities - what if I decide it's not what I need? I know you don't want to be wasteful, but I can't imagine the calcium supps cost you all that much, and if they did, save it for putting in your garden!! I read you can crush egg shells and place them in the bottom of the holes you place your plants and they'll absorb the calcium. Might be a way for you to use it without consuming it. I plan to start saving eggshells as spring approaches to supplement our soil (I read that is why my tomatoes got blossom rot).
    "EGG-cellent" suggestion, Jenn!!!!! I am going to ditch the calcium and see if I can grind it up for the garden - AND start saving my egg shells as well.

You always throw me great helps! thanks
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Just an FYI if anyone has a kindle fire, there is an app called chef tap (free). So awesome. You can go to any website and down the recipe right into the app. Having this I have a customized cook book thats portable. The app works without internet which is good for me when using at home.

I think it would work with any android device.
    I will have to look for this on my phone. I want a Kindle Fire. I plan to get one of those instead of a regular tablet. I think it'll work well as both a tablet and an e-reader.

It is funny. My husband lets me have most of the leftovers, but he is the main cook. How does it work in your house?
    I am the cook. I make enough for dinner and two lunches.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    "EGG-cellent" suggestion, Jenn!!!!! I am going to ditch the calcium and see if I can grind it up for the garden - AND start saving my egg shells as well.

You always throw me great helps! thanks
    No problem. Just trying to share what I've learned.

If your calcium is in tablet form, you could probably just dissolve them in some water and pour it onto the soil as you plant, saving you the hassle of crushing them all. No idea as to how much calcium per gallon or anything like that.

Did you also know that sidewalk chalk is made out of crushed egg shells too? Makes it non-toxic if kids like mine eat it. My daughter is notoriously eating sidewalk chalk and then tell us "chalk not food, we don't eat chalk" as she's chomping on a mouthful of it. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Blueberry is offline Member
    me - cook
    him - leftovers
    hmmmm - I think some changes are in order

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I love waking up to read this thread. The support is great.

I am still up the pound I gained back yesterday. My fingers are still swollen, but darn I liked 146.8 better than 147.8. I am struggling to get back to my last years average weight of 142-143.

I am eating well and averaging a five mile walk daily. Maybe I was at a low weight on Monday morning because I walked 20 miles Friday-Sunday. I don't have time to do that often because I work 40 hours a week. I would hate to think it takes that much exercise while eating around 1300-1400 calories daily with good macros.
    Calee - it is possible to OVER do it on the exercise! You're body retaliates by storing fluids to fix over worked tissue and muscle. Which sounds like thats whats happening with the swollen fingers (a tell tell sign of water retention and inflamation) I wonder what would happen if you cut your walks in 1/2 and added some weights to the mix?

My apologise if this has already been suggested - I'm posting as I read through the thread so haven't read what was posted after this.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    ok Geo (and all of us), some things to try...

1. Salt or sugar scrubs-increase blood flow & encourage healthy elastic skin
    2. collagen creams can help
    3. here is where exercise is helpful
    4. hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
    5. be patient
    6. if possible avoid sulfates in your body washes, they dry the skin out
    7. use a filter on your shower head if your water has a lot of chlorine in it

Anyone else have any ideas? We are all going to need them.

p.s. one of the recurring themes online is not to lose weight so fast that your skin can't keep up with the changing shape. So if you have some loose skin, know that it will catch up, but that it means you are seriously losing some weight! Take heart.
    I don't think I'm losing weight fast. It's been about 2 weeks since I've been on the scale. As far as I know, I'm still in the 200's. Now I need to find a filter for the showerhead. Since I'm on village water, it wouldn't surprise me that there is a lot of chlorine in it.

I think a lot of this just comes from being bigger for most of my life and feeling like I won't have anything to show for my hard work. It's always been a big fear of mine.
    Georgette

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Aw, jeez, Geo. I know it's hard to believe, but you ARE gorgeous. (Your nickname is even in the word.) I don't have the loose skin issue, but I can only imagine the pain seeing it causes. *Hugs* and as much positive encouragement as you can stand.
    Thanks, that made me laugh.
    Georgette