Page 186 of 209 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 186

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So many studies show that weight loss is 95% diet. Exercise is great for health but does little for weight loss (don't kill the messenger, just reporting on studies). So I would tell you not to stress over it, cause stress makes it harder to lose weight!

Geo, 2 things...lots of garlic seems to have killed the horrendous taste in my mouth (of course that is a trade off right, but since DH and I both went over board on the garlic it should be fine, and I doubt I will be sweating out the smell in public so its all good). The other thing, I have read a lot about the loose skin issue, and truly, it will pull itself in. The skin is an amazing organ. Now it may take longer for some than others (fair skin is slower for some reason, genes have an effect, etc). But hold to the weight loss (and this is where exercise helps) and tightening the muscles and it will pull in. Hang in there!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    i have such fear of loose skin. Last night, i was sitting in bed looking at my thighs and they are looking thinner, but i realized that at the top of my thighs, by my hips, there is a decent amount of loose skin and i started to cry. Made me feel like i can't win for losing.

[[[hugs]]]
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Just an FYI if anyone has a kindle fire, there is an app called chef tap (free). So awesome. You can go to any website and down the recipe right into the app. Having this I have a customized cook book thats portable. The app works without internet which is good for me when using at home.

I think it would work with any android device.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-30-2013 at 08:07 AM.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Aw, jeez, Geo. I know it's hard to believe, but you ARE gorgeous. (Your nickname is even in the word.) I don't have the loose skin issue, but I can only imagine the pain seeing it causes. *Hugs* and as much positive encouragement as you can stand.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That stinks that your husband ganked your food, but hey, it is a compliment to your cooking. That said, salads for two days is the suck.
    There seems to be a rash of husband food stealing incidents today!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    There seems to be a rash of husband food stealing incidents today!
    Makes me glad I don't have one.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Geo, We all know that when you are well again you will really kick butt in the exercise arena, but for now, just take care of yourself. Regular exercise will help with the loose skin...when you are ready.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ok Geo (and all of us), some things to try...

1. Salt or sugar scrubs-increase blood flow & encourage healthy elastic skin
    2. collagen creams can help
    3. here is where exercise is helpful
    4. hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
    5. be patient
    6. if possible avoid sulfates in your body washes, they dry the skin out
    7. use a filter on your shower head if your water has a lot of chlorine in it

Anyone else have any ideas? We are all going to need them.

p.s. one of the recurring themes online is not to lose weight so fast that your skin can't keep up with the changing shape. So if you have some loose skin, know that it will catch up, but that it means you are seriously losing some weight! Take heart.

OMG guys, I am really glad I am pre writing the first post of our new thread in Word. It is already one page long and likely to be two pages by the time it is finished. It is looking great. I am very proud of it and everything we have learned this month

Good thing this teacher got her quarter grades done 2 days early.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Makes me glad I don't have one.
    It is funny. My husband lets me have most of the leftovers, but he is the main cook. How does it work in your house?