Page 185 of 209 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 185

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That's great blueberry! It's a great feeling to just know what you need to do and have hope! For so many years I just didn't know what to do to change anything.

I'm happy to say my waist is now 31.9"! I remember way back when it was like 38+! And before I started this particular challenge, it was 32.5".

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Karin, I hit a little twinge of hunger at around noon, but generally it goes away within minutes, then returns around 2:30.

So here is the thing Nora G (of Primal body Primal Mind fame) among others contend that your body essentially can only use 25g of protein at a sitting as protein. Now that may not be true of everyone but I think it is close to true for me. Such that if I eat a lot of protein it is not much different than getting extra carbs.

You also need a few days back on track to get rid of the whole hunger thing. But my memory is that you used to do well with a version of BPC (you don't have to put all the butter or cream in it) and 2 fried eggs. So I would suggest that you try to figure out your breakfast for tomorrow tonight. So for example, lets say you had the coffee with 2T @ of HWC and butter, then fried up 2 slices of bacon and fried 2 eggs in the grease. You would be looking at about 525 calories, 50g of fat, 2g of carb, and 17g of protein. You could even throw in an egg and still be within reason. So you can get the best of both worlds.
    I did not see this until this morning. This is where I will start tonight and through tomorrow.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I love coming to this thread, everyone is soooo supportive. It is such a positive experience. when someone has an off day we all jump in and boost her/him back up. I just wanna say thanks, what a great group.

NK, I had planned to add HWC, but plugged in the food and realized I didn't need it. there was leftover, LUNCH!

p.s. Rats, DH took the leftovers!
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-30-2013 at 05:58 AM. Reason: add p.s.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    It must have been good Chris and he must not have minded the fat! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

calee is offline Senior Member
    I love waking up to read this thread. The support is great.

I am still up the pound I gained back yesterday. My fingers are still swollen, but darn I liked 146.8 better than 147.8. I am struggling to get back to my last years average weight of 142-143.

I am eating well and averaging a five mile walk daily. Maybe I was at a low weight on Monday morning because I walked 20 miles Friday-Sunday. I don't have time to do that often because I work 40 hours a week. I would hate to think it takes that much exercise while eating around 1300-1400 calories daily with good macros.

calee is offline Senior Member
    I would have taken the leftovers too!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I am still up the pound I gained back yesterday. My fingers are still swollen, but darn I liked 146.8 better than 147.8. I am struggling to get back to my last years average weight of 142-143.
    Too much salt perhaps? I know if I have a day of over-salty food I tend to gain weight and feel bloated all day.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ladies, Canio and FW,

Snow here in the great state of Iowa. Expecting 7 inches before the day is over.

I made those pork chops last night. DH and I really liked them. In fact, DH was supposed to get lunch from a pizza joint today to celebrate an employee's retirement, but said employee isn't coming to work b/c of the snow, so he doesn't think they're going to go out now. But before he even knew this, DH took my leftovers of the pork chop and was going to eat them with his eggs, bacon and hashbrowns for breakfast. Putz. Now he's going to eat them for lunch, but this leaves me with no lunch for tomorrow or Friday (I have class both tonight and tomorrow night, so DH is in charge of dinner... ain't nothing primal or even low carb about what DH is making for dinner). Guess it's salads for me both days. *poutyface*

But anyhow, the pork chops were yummy. I'm not much of a mustard fan, so for me to say they were good is saying something.

Geo, I told DH about the chicken cordon bleu casserole. He's in. I think we'll make it for Friday night. I really need to start perusing her website a bit more. See what she's got available. I fully plan to order her book. Probably buy the e-book version and then print it off and put it in a binder. Her paperback version is in black and white to keep costs down since she's not been picked up by a major publishing clearing house, so she says. My laptop is difficult to use for cooking b/c the battery only lasts for 3-5 minutes, which requires me to keep it plugged in, which just makes for more stuff on the counter when I'm cooking... and my kindle is a touch, so it's also black and white. I think I'll just print it when no one is looking and bind it nicely in a book. Then I have the best of both worlds - a paper cookbook, in color.

Oops, guess I rambled a bit there. Hope everyone is having an awesome day.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    That stinks that your husband ganked your food, but hey, it is a compliment to your cooking. That said, salads for two days is the suck.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I got all my numbers for the day plugged in and have gotten good with getting most of my fats from food. I keep getting upset over not being able to exercise right now. Even though none of this is in my chest, I still just want to sleep most of the time. I have such fear of loose skin. Last night, I was sitting in bed looking at my thighs and they are looking thinner, but I realized that at the top of my thighs, by my hips, there is a decent amount of loose skin and I started to cry. Made me feel like I can't win for losing.
    Georgette