Page 184 of 209 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 184

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Making this for dinner folks. Geo, it's from Peace, Love and Low Carb, but because of some contract with a book she wrote, she can't have it on her website anymore. Someone pirated it (but gave credit, so I guess it's not a pirate) and I made it tonight. I will let you know what I think, but I am super excited!

Parmesan-Dijon Crusted Pork Chops with Chive Cauliflower Mash stephirock

I will also post it in the recipe thread.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    AAAAGH!!!!!!

I got sucked into the 'Aspertame is Safe' thread. Why, oh why did I even go there?!!! No more. EMF and journals. That is it!!

Oh, thanks for the vent.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Making this for dinner folks. Geo, it's from Peace, Love and Low Carb, but because of some contract with a book she wrote, she can't have it on her website anymore. Someone pirated it (but gave credit, so I guess it's not a pirate) and I made it tonight. I will let you know what I think, but I am super excited!

Parmesan-Dijon Crusted Pork Chops with Chive Cauliflower Mash stephirock

I will also post it in the recipe thread.
    If I could get into mustard, I would try it but mustards are on the same level as mayo for me. Major gag factor. Let me know if you like it. I plan on making the chicken parmsean meatballs and the almond parmasean chicken tenders from Peace Love and Low Carb for Super Bowl Sunday.
    Georgette

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Oh honeybuns, so sorry. I decided long ago that the only way I can keep my sanity is to stay away from those threads.

So, I just posted this in my journal but really I should share it here as well....

I just had one of the best dinners I have ever made!

I made some homemade dressing using homemade mayo, cream, a splash of ACV, and a tablespoon of that Johnny's Caesar Garlic Spread and seasoning (from Costco) and put it on some romaine lettuce.

Then I made my version of shrimp scampi, 2T butter, 2T Olive oil, and 2T coconut oil, got it hot, then put in a bunch of smashed garlic cloves (sorry I didn't count), then I tossed in 2lbs of frozen cooked shrimp. sprinkled the whole thing with about a tablespoon of the seasoning stuff. Covered it and cooked until the shrimp was hot.

then I filled my plate with the salad, and put 3oz of the shrimp on top and took a big spoonful of the juice and poured it on top, then sprinkled a tablespoon of bacon pieces on top.

So easy, and crazy yummy. and filling, I am stuffed.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like a dinner I need to make SOON! Thanks for sharing with us.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Oh honeybuns, so sorry. I decided long ago that the only way I can keep my sanity is to stay away from those threads.

So, I just posted this in my journal but really I should share it here as well....

I just had one of the best dinners I have ever made!

I made some homemade dressing using homemade mayo, cream, a splash of ACV, and a tablespoon of that Johnny's Caesar Garlic Spread and seasoning (from Costco) and put it on some romaine lettuce.

Then I made my version of shrimp scampi, 2T butter, 2T Olive oil, and 2T coconut oil, got it hot, then put in a bunch of smashed garlic cloves (sorry I didn't count), then I tossed in 2lbs of frozen cooked shrimp. sprinkled the whole thing with about a tablespoon of the seasoning stuff. Covered it and cooked until the shrimp was hot.

then I filled my plate with the salad, and put 3oz of the shrimp on top and took a big spoonful of the juice and poured it on top, then sprinkled a tablespoon of bacon pieces on top.

So easy, and crazy yummy. and filling, I am stuffed.
    OMGoodness! That sounds outrageously delicious!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like what I'm doing for dinner, demuralist! I made a sauce that's a cross between scampi and alfredo (it was a scampi until I realized it wouldn't have enough fat) and cooked some thawed shrimp, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots in it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    NK, I feel warmer too. It is a nice change.

Oh and...14 days without a binge!

Blueberry is offline Member
    just an update - since you ladies were so kind to me, all that happiness made me lose another pound! so down 8.5 pounds in January and only 2 "cheats" for the whole month (usually it would be 2 a day!) - a lovely piece of choco mousse when out with a friend for lunch and 1 square of brownies - which I knew would be worth it because I made them myself. I feel quite proud and ready to chip away at the 50 pounds that are left!
    thanks for your support x

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    That is Awesome news Blueberry!