Page 183 of 209 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 183

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ok.. I have noticed I do OK with BPC in the AM, I prefer and think I do better with some protein in the AM. I need protein at lunch to get me through the day and afternoon and then I am stuck for dinner. If you look at MFP for dinner I can have some fat and carbs. hmmmmm... says I... yeah, drawing a blank.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Did a 15 minute power walk on my lunch on this grey, low 60's temp day and having a power lunch of pork rinds and ranch dip. Just grateful that my lungs handled the walk quite well with no asthma attack.
    oooooo.. look at you!!! You awesome power walking pork rind munchin gal!
    Karin

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    To pitch in on the supplement talk, though I am still not HFLC (less rice today, at least).

-5-HTP for depression
    -Tyrosine for anxiety/mental focus
    -Vitamin D for deficiency
    -Iodine for deficiency
    -B complex for 5-HTP absorption
    -Alive Women's multi, to cover things like selenium that I probably don't get otherwise
    -Ferritin, because I tested deficient in 2011 and am getting symptoms again (more hair coming out than usual)
    -Vitamin C (with potassium, magnesium, and calcium), for constipation
    -Vitex, for low progesterone

I'm a mess!

Hoping to get that down to just Vitamin D, if needed, one day. I'd be okay with keeping 5-HTP and Tyrosine if I have to, but really want to be able to stop taking everything else.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    If you look at MFP for dinner I can have some fat and carbs. hmmmmm... says I... yeah, drawing a blank.
    Instead of getting your food in three meals, why not eat it in two?? That is what happens around here. Nice protein and fat breakfast holds us easily until dinnertime. I haven't eaten a midday meal in almost two years.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Ok.. I have noticed I do OK with BPC in the AM, I prefer and think I do better with some protein in the AM. I need protein at lunch to get me through the day and afternoon and then I am stuck for dinner. If you look at MFP for dinner I can have some fat and carbs. hmmmmm... says I... yeah, drawing a blank.
    So I am going to suggest you go back to your originally figured goals on your macros till you get a bit consistent. So your protein would be a more reasonable/workable for you caloric goal 70g to 75g. Especially since you are figuring out that you need the protein to sustain you to the next meal.

But even if you don't do that I would take your goal and divide it by the number of times you plan to eat (I can't skip lunch as then I tend to binge when I walk in the door after work). Let's say that is 3 for arguments sake. So if you stay with your current macro goals that gives you about 20g of protein per meal and about 53g of fat per meal. If you switch back then you would get closer to 23g of protein per meal but also a little more leeway to end up with some protein at the end of the day.

p.s. the other things I try to do is to not have more than 25g of protein per meal, and to try to have my fat be twice as much as my protein at each meal. I find it easier to have a reasonable mix of macros at the end of the day if I work each meal with about equal macros.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-29-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: add ps

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Tomi, you need to read this. And this.
    thanks, Jenn - that clears up a lot of stuff AND eliminates 2 pills from my daily batch! Yeah! Nothing wrong with taking fewer pills! but what do with the 300 pills I still have left? Maybe I'll just take one a day instead so they don't go to waste. 500 mg a day shouldn't cause a heart attach, should it?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    So I am going to suggest you go back to your originally figured goals on your macros till you get a bit consistent. So your protein would be a more reasonable/workable for you caloric goal 70g to 75g. Especially since you are figuring out that you need the protein to sustain you to the next meal.

But even if you don't do that I would take your goal and divide it by the number of times you plan to eat (I can't skip lunch as then I tend to binge when I walk in the door after work). Let's say that is 3 for arguments sake. So if you stay with your current macro goals that gives you about 20g of protein per meal and about 53g of fat per meal. If you switch back then you would get closer to 23g of protein per meal but also a little more leeway to end up with some protein at the end of the day.

p.s. the other things I try to do is to not have more than 25g of protein per meal, and to try to have my fat be twice as much as my protein at each meal. I find it easier to have a reasonable mix of macros at the end of the day if I work each meal with about equal macros.
    Ok.. so I had protein for breakfast and lunch and am feeling a bit hungry (its about 3pm-not good). I do not remember the hunger when I BPC the morning, but I start to feel the hunger before I hit lunch.
    Karin

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Karin, I hit a little twinge of hunger at around noon, but generally it goes away within minutes, then returns around 2:30.

So here is the thing Nora G (of Primal body Primal Mind fame) among others contend that your body essentially can only use 25g of protein at a sitting as protein. Now that may not be true of everyone but I think it is close to true for me. Such that if I eat a lot of protein it is not much different than getting extra carbs.

You also need a few days back on track to get rid of the whole hunger thing. But my memory is that you used to do well with a version of BPC (you don't have to put all the butter or cream in it) and 2 fried eggs. So I would suggest that you try to figure out your breakfast for tomorrow tonight. So for example, lets say you had the coffee with 2T @ of HWC and butter, then fried up 2 slices of bacon and fried 2 eggs in the grease. You would be looking at about 525 calories, 50g of fat, 2g of carb, and 17g of protein. You could even throw in an egg and still be within reason. So you can get the best of both worlds.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    thanks, Jenn - that clears up a lot of stuff AND eliminates 2 pills from my daily batch! Yeah! Nothing wrong with taking fewer pills! but what do with the 300 pills I still have left? Maybe I'll just take one a day instead so they don't go to waste. 500 mg a day shouldn't cause a heart attach, should it?
    The way those authors make it sound is that supplemental calcium is bad all around... I wouldn't take the chance, personally. In fact, I didn't and tossed out the rest of my calcium pills, but I didn't have 300 left. lol This is why I don't buy supplements in large quantities - what if I decide it's not what I need? I know you don't want to be wasteful, but I can't imagine the calcium supps cost you all that much, and if they did, save it for putting in your garden!! I read you can crush egg shells and place them in the bottom of the holes you place your plants and they'll absorb the calcium. Might be a way for you to use it without consuming it. I plan to start saving eggshells as spring approaches to supplement our soil (I read that is why my tomatoes got blossom rot).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    For me, broth can tide me over when I'm hungry. I like chicken broth. I add a good amount of salt, garlic powder and then a dash of pepper. Takes quite a bit of salt for a good flavor. But it's about as good as any ramen noodles! Also, I find a couple big sticks of celery will lull my appetite for a while. It is a natural appetite suppressant. Also, exersize can help sometimes. Can also make it worse lol I think it depends on what your body is burning while you exersize. I think if you get your body burning some body fat, it kind of coasts out on that and keeps you from being hungry for a while. I walked we'll over an hour on an incline and when I was done I was not hungry, food was actually gross for a while.
    Last edited by AshleyL; 01-29-2013 at 03:19 PM.