Page 182 of 209 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 182

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Still holding at 178 Started Jan. 1 at 185. Seven pounds in a month is a good loss for me - so I'm a happy girl! But need to bump it up a bit. I just added LHTs to my daily workout. So, I walk 2.25 miles then lift on the bowflex - but nothing extreme - just some arm stuff for now.

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good! We're lightening to the load on the earth!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I haven't been working out much at all just because of all the illness and stuff I've been going through. I'm going to walk on my lunch at work today. I do want to do a workout tomorrow just because my body is saying move now!
    Georgette

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Slow and steady wins the race. My goal for the next 2 weeks is to get to 220 for that 30 lb loss since August. Then I'll be under my old highest weight and on the way to my next goal of 200.

Thanks for the pep talk about MFP, Jenn! I am under the weather, took the day off, still having several cups of kill everything and ginger tea a day, and will begin tracking again when I am in better health, tomorrow or Thursday.

Blueberry is offline Member
    Thanks, that cheered me up a bit, still feel envious of those 4.5lb in a week but 100 in a year sound good when you put it like that

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Down to 126.8 this morning. 2 lb is still "wobble weight" (within daily fluctuation range), but I'll take what I can get.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Supplements:
    Multiple vitamin
    Calcium
    Vitamin B complex
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin D3
    Vitamin E
    Iron
    Potasium

I tested low on B and D so I take mega doses. I am lactose intolerant so I take mega calcium.

I'm going to be adding 5HTP and Vitex as soon as I remember to buy it!
    Tomi, you need to read this. And this.

In It Starts with Food, Dallas and Melissa talk about how supplementing with calcium can cause heart attack because without being placed in your bones like it's supposed to, it gets deposited in your arteries.

From the article I posted: Too much calcium increases the risk of developing dangerously high levels of calcium in the blood, which can result in impairment of kidney function, kidney stones, high blood pressure, and may increase your risk of heart disease and heart attack. Furthermore, recent studies suggest that taking calcium supplements actually increases the risk of “cardiovascular events” (translation: risk of heart attack).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Tomi, you need to read this. And this.

In It Starts with Food, Dallas and Melissa talk about how supplementing with calcium can cause heart attack because without being placed in your bones like it's supposed to, it gets deposited in your arteries.

From the article I posted: Too much calcium increases the risk of developing dangerously high levels of calcium in the blood, which can result in impairment of kidney function, kidney stones, high blood pressure, and may increase your risk of heart disease and heart attack. Furthermore, recent studies suggest that taking calcium supplements actually increases the risk of “cardiovascular events” (translation: risk of heart attack).
    Good thing I don't take calcium. I've read that leafy green veggies have calcium in them.
    Georgette

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I worry about supplements I tell ya. I have decided to only take supplements for those things which I am tested and shown to have a deficiency in. So many interactions we don't know about. Too much work for me personally to do the research.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Has anyone else on HFLC noticed feeling warmer? Not feverish warmer, but less cold. Not needing a jacket at the office anymore, that sort of thing.
    Saturated fats are good for your thyroid

Did a 15 minute power walk on my lunch on this grey, low 60's temp day and having a power lunch of pork rinds and ranch dip. Just grateful that my lungs handled the walk quite well with no asthma attack.
    Georgette