Page 179 of 209 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 179

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    MFP isn't as easy as sparkpeople. Meh, I know it is just me being tired and irritable, I need to just deal with it. Wondering if I should just stick wit spark. I am just impatient with technology and get tired of learning new.

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    I thought the same thing, Kymma. Then again, I used SparkPeople for two or three years before I tried MFP. I have successfully transitioned but for a while I was tracking on BOTH! I wouldn't advise that.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Precisely why I just have my own spreadsheet Its 100% customizable!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    It's the macro settings that are on my nerves! I want to put in my numbers, not percentages and I'll have to do dreaded math!

I think I am throwing in the towel on worrying over this today. I left work early because I was feeling poorly. Slept for about 4 hours, hubs cooked dinner, I ate too much protein again. I think I may stay with sparkpeople. I'll decide tomorrow. THis is probably pay back for going off plan, or illness, or PMS, good grief, advil PM take me away, lol!

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    LOL! I played with the percentages until I got the numbers to show up the way I wanted them to. Sort of.

Feel better.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Kymma, if you want to reach ketosis, it's advised that you use only 10% of your calories for carbs. Set your calorie goal, then set your carbs at 10%. Set your protein at 20% and the fat will fall in place. Easy peasy. It doesn't have to be exact according to the equation.

Here's why I say that.

The equation tells me I should have 33 gm carbs. 33 carbs * 4 calories per carb = 132 calories. Figure this as 10% of my calories, and you get a total of 1320 calories for the day.

Next take the protein goal. 1.1 x my goal weight of 66 kg = 72.5 gm, so round up to 73. 73 x 4 calories per gm protein = 292 calories. If Protein is 20% of my calories, this equals 1460 calories.

Given that, no matter how many times you adjust your percentages in MFP, you will NEVER reach what the equation tells you to do.

I went with 1500 calories and set my macros that way. Easier, and less stressful/annoying.

I like MFP much better than spark. I think the food database is more expansive and easier to search. And it's policed by others by asking "Is this accurate" when you look at nutrition info on stuff.

Anyhow, don't be discouraged. It's not a perfect science. Just set it to "close enough" and move forward.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Today's final figures: 5% carb, 75% fat, 20% protein. Perfect.

Hoping for a loss on the scale tomorrow.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    I have to take a step back from HFLC for a bit. My husband pointed out I've been extra moody since I made the switch. He also pointed out that I've been more stressed too I'm still going to follow this thread though.

Thanks for all your help!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Had sushi for dinner and it threw my macros off for the day - but it was worth it! This place is so good! I had the Catipillar. Sticky rice, cream cheese, tempura shrimp, salmon - with yummy sauces drizzled on top! I have finally learned to eat with chop sticks!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Erin, feel free to hang out here. Good Luck.