Page 178 of 209 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 178

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I figured out how to use MFP, thank goodness!

I think I'm going to go get a scale this week for protein.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Be sure to get a scale that you can reset between ingredients.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I have a fabulous little digital scale that I use daily. I got it 2O+ years ago when I left a month long inpatient eating disorders program. They gave us that and measuring spoons as a graduation gift.

Random silly info. lol
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-28-2013 at 11:33 AM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    It is also helpful if the numbers (mine is digital too) are out far enough so a bigger plate or bowl doesn't cover them up. And mine also goes pretty high, like maybe 25 pounds, this is useful for recipes.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinF View Post
    I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2009, I always forget about it. I'm just really confused about adrenal fatigue; a lot of websites I've looked at say to not workout when you have it, but if I don't workout I don't lose weight. Also, I'm not supposed to do IF, but when I stopped IF my weight stopped dropping. Initially when I was doing IF I was only eating about 900 calories a day because I just wasn't hungry, but now I know I need way more than that.

I haven't started taking anything for adrenal fatigue and I don't want to take anything until I know for sure what's going on. From what I've read your cortisol can either be too high or to low, but the symptoms are the same. Until I know where my problem is I don't want to treat it. I really hate taking any supplements unless I know for sure I need them and know the proper way to take them. Also, I used to have low iron, but I eat mostly red meat and have included liver in my diet so my iron levels should be ok by now.
    When I was researching adrenal fatigue, I got the sense that one should not exercise for at least the first few months of treatment (diet and supplementation). Your system needs to heal, and, I would imagine, as little extra stress as possible. That means no exercising, and yeah, possibly no weight loss. But if you do have adrenal fatigue, getting that sorted out might help with weight loss without exercise. I bet things like yoga or really low-stress movement would be okay. I think, sometimes to be safe, you have to do one or the other (heal or lose weight).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    The adrenal fatigue thing shot my plans to get my ass in gear in the foot. I'm backing down to just yoga, walking, and water aerobics.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    The adrenal fatigue thing shot my plans to get my ass in gear in the foot. I'm backing down to just yoga, walking, and water aerobics.
    Do what you can. It's better than doing nothing.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    When I was researching adrenal fatigue, I got the sense that one should not exercise for at least the first few months of treatment (diet and supplementation). Your system needs to heal, and, I would imagine, as little extra stress as possible. That means no exercising, and yeah, possibly no weight loss. But if you do have adrenal fatigue, getting that sorted out might help with weight loss without exercise. I bet things like yoga or really low-stress movement would be okay. I think, sometimes to be safe, you have to do one or the other (heal or lose weight).
    See this is where I have a huge problem with AF and start doubting that its even real; I've seen quite a few people with what should be AF workout a lot and lose weight and tone up. I guess they do this while feeling tired and just push through the fatigue? How is it that so many people can lose weight and build muscle while dealing with AF? Stuff like this just makes my brain hurt.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Adrenal fatigue is a catch-all term to me. It can mean a lot of things. It probably depends on the severity of the issue? And it may be caused by different things for different people.

I suppose you could always follow through with treatment and try working out (through the fatigue). If you feel worse or don't lose weight, give yourself a break!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I did put my taco seasoning mix in the recipe group. You can adjust it for heat or what you need.

I was d'xed PCOS in 2007 and did eliminate it. I never had the ovarian cysts, but had a lot of the other symptoms like insulin resistance, male pattern baldness(fixing this) darkening of skin, etc. I have corrected all of it before starting this protocol. If you stay consistent with this, you can reverse the effects of PCOS. You have to be patient.