Page 177 of 209 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 177

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Honeybuns, Start an MFP account. It is very likely that your brands are already in there. I weigh almost every single thing I put in my mouth right now, definitely every thing when I am tracking. I have a little scale and put my coffee cup on it and put in the butter or what ever else I want in, then add the hot water for the tea. I weigh my smoothie by just putting the blender container on the scale and taring the scale between each addition. I just adjusted the amounts that I add so I can have everything I want in there, even if it is only 1/2T.
    Great idea and I do have a scale that I can weigh with. I did start an account, set custom goals, added Firefox to the computer so I can get the pie chart. I need to take the time to sit and learn the operations. That is where I lack patience.

Tomi~
    Thanks for the encouraging words! I do want to see a difference. Three years ago I was about thirty pounds less then all the hormonal crap started. If I hadn't seen that low weight recently I wouldn't be as discouraged now.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    NW, I haven't tried this, I am not a rice eater, but have you tried ricing cauliflower. I see it a lot around the low carb blogs. Also, maybe if you completely change what you eat you won't be expecting the rice?
    I have only tried it once, and it was lovely with the curry I made. I don't think I'd like it very much without a sauce, or if I didn't sauté it in butter. I think that would work on occasion, but not everyday. That much cauliflower tends to make me gassy, haha.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I have only tried it once, and it was lovely with the curry I made. I don't think I'd like it very much without a sauce, or if I didn't sauté it in butter. I think that would work on occasion, but not everyday. That much cauliflower tends to make me gassy, haha.
    When I rice cauliflower, I only use a half head of it. Seems to work just as well, with less gas. Broccoli makes me gassy as well, but I eat it anyway.
    Georgette

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Alright honeybuns, you are most of the way there! This is easy! Pull up your account, hit track food, hit add food under breakfast and put in coconut oil (with your brand name too) in the search, it will come up with choices (less if you include the brand name). then you just have to decide on an amount and click add. If you eat the same thing for breakfast every day, hit quick tools and you can add it as a meal (it will be under my meals) and just one click will get you there tomorrow. Things you use all the time will show up in most used or recent. Really it is so much less stressful than not knowing where your macros are or how you managed to put on or take off weight. This will be very helpful as you are trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, you can do it!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    That much cauliflower tends to make me gassy, haha.
    ^ me too! I love making a cauliflower mash - but I feel like a puffer fish for several hours following!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    i'm on a roll, kids! I've walked 5 days in a row now! To date my longest stretch is 14 days so I'm going for the record breaker! Yesterday I also started on the bowflex again - arms only for now. My legs get a good work out on the 2.25 mile walks. I do have a bad shoulder though - so I'm a bit limited on mobility on that side. I think I have a rotor cuff going bad. Sucks getting older!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

getting old is not for sissies!

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2009, I always forget about it. I'm just really confused about adrenal fatigue; a lot of websites I've looked at say to not workout when you have it, but if I don't workout I don't lose weight. Also, I'm not supposed to do IF, but when I stopped IF my weight stopped dropping. Initially when I was doing IF I was only eating about 900 calories a day because I just wasn't hungry, but now I know I need way more than that.

I haven't started taking anything for adrenal fatigue and I don't want to take anything until I know for sure what's going on. From what I've read your cortisol can either be too high or to low, but the symptoms are the same. Until I know where my problem is I don't want to treat it. I really hate taking any supplements unless I know for sure I need them and know the proper way to take them. Also, I used to have low iron, but I eat mostly red meat and have included liver in my diet so my iron levels should be ok by now.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    getting old is not for sissies!
    So true!!

The nice benefit to lifting heavy things is well toned muscles under the boobs. They look so fine, not droopy or saggy!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

ah, that is what they make bras for! Plus when I am at my goal weight there just isn't much to sag!