Page 176 of 209 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 176

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes! What Ashley said is so true. Do not jump in and out of ketosis. Last February I had a major health scare which included hypoglycemic episodes, panic attacks and other signs of adrenal fatigue.

This was precipitated by jumping back and forth from eating VLC, medium fat to all out sugar and wheat binges every few days.

I am grateful that the higher fat plus the addition of 5htp has greatly lessened the binge urge.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I don't Kymma, but what I did for the cream cheese dip was to add up how many ounces/tablespoons there were in the whole recipe and used that as a "serving" when I posted the recipe. It isn't that hard because most of the ingredients are in tablespoons or ounces anyway.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Kymma, I would make up a batch, and then see how many tablespoons are in it once it's all mixed (or you could count up all the tbsp used to make it like Chris suggested) and then make 1 tbsp a serving... if you use two or three, just say you had 2 or 3 servings.

There are 4 tbsp in a 1/4 cup, if that helps you figure out how many tablespoons are in the entire recipe.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

My cream cheese clouds are dense too. More like cheesecake than anything. Love those little devils. I used 2 tbsp maple syrup and found them to be absolutely wonderful.

I can also take a nap at any given time. If I'm given the opportunity, I can nap... and nap for at least 2-3 hours. My iron is fine according to my last blood donation hemoglobin test (13.7 during TOM).

My adrenals are jacked. Been taking b complex vitamins and extra B12 to fix them. Been a year, no improvement. I think it's b/c my stress level is still too high so the cortisol is pumping away. Hoping 5htp will help to relax me, thus reducing my cortisol, thus fixing my adrenals and girly hormones, thus fixing my libido. Plan to start taking some vitex too, and ditching the maca/iodine/zinc combination.

Come to think of it, I might ditch everything except the fish oils for a while and see how things level out.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Grrrrr.......weight has risen since I've added butter to my coffee and teas. Since I have coconut oil in them already I think I'll drop the butter. Really need to learn to track so I know if I'm getting too little or too much! Need to not have such a heavy hand with the coconut milk in the tea.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinF View Post
    Looks like I'm going to be ordering an adrenal fatigue test. This fatigue is too much, I can literally take a nap any time during the day and sleep for hours. I'm still hoping HFLC will help in that area, it's only been a few days.
    I think this is a good idea. It took about 6 months of high dose vitamins and minerals to get me back to where I wasn't my arse all day! Doctor put me on 2 bottle of pills. One was called Anti-Stress for Adrenal Support. It was mega high B vitamins and some others. The other I took at bedtime called Seriphos - herbal blend I think. You can buy it online, its about $25 a bottle. Good stuff! Good luck, Erin!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    For the cheese clouds, I whipped the cream cheese quite a bit before adding anything to it, mine were not dense at all, but obviously not meringue like either.

Honeybuns, Start an MFP account. It is very likely that your brands are already in there. I weigh almost every single thing I put in my mouth right now, definitely every thing when I am tracking. I have a little scale and put my coffee cup on it and put in the butter or what ever else I want in, then add the hot water for the tea. I weigh my smoothie by just putting the blender container on the scale and taring the scale between each addition. I just adjusted the amounts that I add so I can have everything I want in there, even if it is only 1/2T.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Grrrrr.......weight has risen since I've added butter to my coffee and teas. Since I have coconut oil in them already I think I'll drop the butter. Really need to learn to track so I know if I'm getting too little or too much! Need to not have such a heavy hand with the coconut milk in the tea.
    I know a lot of people just HATE tracking!! I happen to enjoy it just because it keeps me totally honest and aware. I'm not "guessing" and I'm not lying to myself either! I have put together a spreadsheet that I've been using for over a year now. And I use CalorieKing to get the numbers. But I'm not a member of that site. It isn't free to be a member, but all the nutritional info IS FREE if you're just gathering the data and not wanting to use their tracking system. I think most people us myfitnesspal. I've tried it, but I like the simplicity of my spreadsheet better. Hope tracking works for you and you can start to see that dumb scale going the other direction!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Honestly, even though it doesn't have as complete a database as MFP, I love Cronometer, because I can track all my micronutrients. It has (almost) all the whole foods and not many processed ones that I would use, which, for me, is even more incentive to not use processed foods (I don't really want to try and figure out how to input that processed food.) It does have restaurant prepared this and that fast food, alnog with the cereals and crap. It's hit or miss, though.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome