Page 175 of 209 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 175

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I drink 1-2 plunger coffees (I think you call them french presses over there) a day just with HWC. I will stop them one day I swear LOL
    I'll quit one day as well - the day they put me in the ground.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinF View Post
    Looks like I'm going to be ordering an adrenal fatigue test. This fatigue is too much, I can literally take a nap any time during the day and sleep for hours. I'm still hoping HFLC will help in that area, it's only been a few days.
    A good friend of mine was falling asleep anytime she sat down. Turns out she had very low iron. Just something else to consider.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Week one results of HFLC:

Started primal New Years Day. Did not drop an ounce.
    Started HFLC on 1/21/13 @ 151.6
    1/28/13 @. 146.8

Almost 5 pounds. I have never shed this much in a week. I walked more. At least a 5k daily, soe days 2x and 1 day 3x. I had abundant energy and wanted to walk. I ate 2-300 more calories daily than the previous weeks. I was trying to stay at 1200 calories a day but the additional fat pushed up calorie. My sleep has been pretty good. My macros in MFP summary of the week were 65/16/19 for the week. F/C/P.

I'm so excited to see what happens in week 2!

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinF View Post
    Looks like I'm going to be ordering an adrenal fatigue test. This fatigue is too much, I can literally take a nap any time during the day and sleep for hours. I'm still hoping HFLC will help in that area, it's only been a few days.
    Erin, one other avenue. I had many of these symptoms (including almost crippling fatigue...I even stopped driving because things were so fuzzy for me) and turns out I had PCOS (I no longer test positive or take any medications for it). I saw MANY doctors, etc. before an endocrinologist found this. Changed my life (for the better) once I knew what it was.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Erin-
    Depending on the naturalist you see, they might be able to diagnose you based on your most recent full blood workup, if you have a copy of the lab results.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    The cream cheese clouds are tasty. I went with 3 tbsp of maple syrup because I didn't want to buy Stevia. I don't think I beat the mixture long enough because they don't seem "fluffy" to me. I beat them till everything was very mixed and fairly creamy. I didn't have the patience to try to get it fluffy and I didn't want it to get too warm and end up creamy.

I'm trying to figure out how to knock the white rice out of my lunches. I guess I need to start paying more attention to what you guys are eating. A coconut milk chocolate beverage in the morning might help me eat less food and get more fat, without losing calories.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    PCOS, insulin resistance and adrenal fatigue run together. PCOS could also just be called insulin resistance in women really. And insulin resistance will tear down those poor adrenals.

It takes a lot of time for the adrenals to come back, they have so many jobs in the body it makes them slow healers. I recommend lots of sleep- take those naps when your body asks, it's wanting to heal. I like dr Wilson's adrenal stress formula and the adrenal c formula. I take a small dose daily. Getting into ketosis on healthy foods and making sure to get your salt in (Himalayan and Celtic salts are best) should be good for the adrenals because of the reduction in systemic inflammation and your adrenals won't be working to keep your blood sugars stable. However, the change into and out of ketosis are stressful, don't let yourself bounce in and out of it.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    NW, I haven't tried this, I am not a rice eater, but have you tried ricing cauliflower. I see it a lot around the low carb blogs. Also, maybe if you completely change what you eat you won't be expecting the rice?

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone already have that primal non-dairy creamer on their MFP and if so under what name? I made it, but have no idea how many servings it made and don't have the brain to do that math today!!!

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    PCOS, insulin resistance and adrenal fatigue run together. PCOS could also just be called insulin resistance in women really. And insulin resistance will tear down those poor adrenals.

It takes a lot of time for the adrenals to come back, they have so many jobs in the body it makes them slow healers. I recommend lots of sleep- take those naps when your body asks, it's wanting to heal. I like dr Wilson's adrenal stress formula and the adrenal c formula. I take a small dose daily. Getting into ketosis on healthy foods and making sure to get your salt in (Himalayan and Celtic salts are best) should be good for the adrenals because of the reduction in systemic inflammation and your adrenals won't be working to keep your blood sugars stable. However, the change into and out of ketosis are stressful, don't let yourself bounce in and out of it.
    Thank you for the helpful reminder. I know I am shooting myself back into adrenal fatigue from over activity and bouncing in and out of ketosis (which I didn't consider). My schedule has slowed, and I am taking more time for self care, but this will help remind me to stay on track. I love all my Wonder Women!!!! Such good information from the Wonder Tribe (my new name for all of us Super Women!)