Page 173 of 209 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 173

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Geo....drinking more liquids i was able to easily drop my coffee consumption to one cup a day instead of the seven I had been drinking. You can do it!
    I only have one cup of coffee a day now. It's a 12-16oz cup. I was thinking of lowering that amount. I like my coffee in the mornings.
    Georgette

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I switched out the matcha for the coffee and don't miss it, although I do often put some instant granules in my morning smoothie for a mocha flavor profile. I also used to drink the 1 12-16oz mug, it now bothers my tummy when I try to drink it, weird.

I think I will stick with the pizza casserole. Not trying to be pizza, just going for the flavors, I feel confident this will go over better with the rest of the family than a wanna be substitute.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think I've read that coffee can be troublesome for people with gluten sensitivity/intolerance/allergies. I don't know why that is, however.

I'm making cream cheese clouds today! The apartment is cold, so it's probably going to be a bit difficult to mix everything, though the butter and cream cheese has been out for about 5 hours now haha.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I was talking to my BFF yesterday about an ice storm that happened here when their youngest was less than a year old. They lost power so they went to stay with her MIL. When they went home to check on things, they looked in the freezer and saw that the ice cream had melted and oozed out of the carton and then refroze-inside the freezer-with no power! It was so cold in the house that the ice cream refroze inside the freezer!

the other day I just melted some cream cheese in the microwave put a little vanilla in and a few stevia drops and ate it like ice cream-so good, and a very quick sweet fix.

I just wanted to chime in with what I am eating today.

B: 2 egg omelet w/.5 T butter, 1/4 of an avocado, 1 oz swiss cheese; 24 oz coffee
    L: 3 oz sliced leftover steak, 2 oz romaine w/1 T ceasar dressing & sprinkle of parm
    S: 1 serving chocolate mousse & 1 oz macadamias
    D: goat meat carnitas served over lettuce with onion & cilantro; 1.5 oz rye w/water.

I am a bit hungry between meals, but TOM is due any day now and I'm hopeful that the hunger will settle down after that.

mks8500 is offline Member
    I can't remember who reported the dizzyness but I have it a little bit too. I know it's not LCHF related for me but I'm keeping a journal to try to figure it out because I think for me it deals with my time of the month. Getting an adjustment from the chiropractor helps, but it almost makes it worse before it's better. I think for me it has a lot to do with inflammation in the back of the neck area so I'm hoping the LCHF (no dairy or grains for me) will help.

For those working on water, there's an app for that. Daily Water (.99) reminds you to drink your water. I'm working on at least 8 - 8oz glasses per day. Half your weight in oz is the new suggestion I read.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I think I've read that coffee can be troublesome for people with gluten sensitivity/intolerance/allergies. I don't know why that is, however.

I'm making cream cheese clouds today! The apartment is cold, so it's probably going to be a bit difficult to mix everything, though the butter and cream cheese has been out for about 5 hours now haha.
    Shhhhhhhhh...

Don't say that out loud!
    It's the one bad little indulgence I have left.
    Two SMALL cups a day, with a generous amount of cream in it to offset the coffee.
    *sigh*

I've given up everything else(including chocolate) and I have limits... I don't know what this world wants from me.
    I won't be an ascetic!!!
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-27-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Cori, I still have my tea and yerba mate (and maybe occasional cup o' joe) so I'm right with ya on that one. They can pry my caffeine from my cold, dead, hands. ;D

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I really enjoy tea these days, even without stevia. Coffee I still prefer light and sweet. Made that non-dairy creamer with vanilla stevia and yum! Can't wait to have my coffee tomorrow!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I bought yerba mate and could't stand it, it is so bitter.
    I drink 1-2 plunger coffees (I think you call them french presses over there) a day just with HWC. I will stop them one day I swear LOL