Page 172 of 209 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 172

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Geo, my BP can get quite high, but LOTS of fluids and the LCHF keep it down.

When I got out of the hospital for the PE's it was high enough consistently enough that I let the doc talk me into medication. Then at about the same time I went LC, and started drinking lots of fluids. The next time I went in it was so low the nurse took it several times and even tried the other arm. The doc admitted I was right and let me off of them without an argument. Mine gets high when I am retaining fluids. so besides drinking at least 125oz of liquids a day, I make one of those drinks the matcha, because green tea acts as a diuretic as does parsley and many veggies (mostly the greens). The Matcha powder is the most potent form of green tea because it is actually the leaves dried and crushed into a powder. I get mine from The Republic of Tea, and while it seems expensive, it lasts a long time because you only use a tsp of the powder a day. And I like the taste of this one, others I have tried are quite earthy. Of course I make it a Bullet Proof tea by adding kerrygold, butter, MCT, and HWC, with a few drops of stevia it is yummy!

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Oh! Another cool thing. I found last night that I could run 6 mph at 3 degree incline just breathing through my nose! I can definitely tell I don't need to breathe as much for the same amount of effort. It's kinda weird.
    Last edited by AshleyL; 01-27-2013 at 10:37 AM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Ashley, that is fantastic! Increasing lung capacity is very important.

Just wanted to let everyone know I put the cream cheese/bacon dip into the MFP and put some stats in the recipe group discussion for it.

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I like oopsie rolls as a crust for pizza. It works well.
    I have an awesome recipe that I use for pizza crust. I modified a brazillian cheese bread recipe. It's higher on the carbs, but it's all primal friendly. The dough is made of tapioca flour and coconut flour. If anyone wants it I'd be happy to share it.

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I like oopsie rolls as a crust for pizza. It works well.
    I tried that but it didn't hold up too well. Any tips?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    That tapioca will get your carbs up extremely FAST. I doubt it will fit well into doing HFLC for keto even in small portions... though you are right, it is perfectly Primal otherwise.

I posted a link a while back as well to a meatza crust of approx half chicken and half cheese...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Geo, my BP can get quite high, but LOTS of fluids and the LCHF keep it down.

When I got out of the hospital for the PE's it was high enough consistently enough that I let the doc talk me into medication. Then at about the same time I went LC, and started drinking lots of fluids. The next time I went in it was so low the nurse took it several times and even tried the other arm. The doc admitted I was right and let me off of them without an argument. Mine gets high when I am retaining fluids. so besides drinking at least 125oz of liquids a day, I make one of those drinks the matcha, because green tea acts as a diuretic as does parsley and many veggies (mostly the greens). The Matcha powder is the most potent form of green tea because it is actually the leaves dried and crushed into a powder. I get mine from The Republic of Tea, and while it seems expensive, it lasts a long time because you only use a tsp of the powder a day. And I like the taste of this one, others I have tried are quite earthy. Of course I make it a Bullet Proof tea by adding kerrygold, butter, MCT, and HWC, with a few drops of stevia it is yummy!
    I'm working on pounding the drinks today. When I finish taxes and see how much we are getting back, I'll see about ordering some matcha. I'm working on drinking more teas. The additional fluids are helping my head out. I may cut the coffee out for a few days and see how I do without it. Or if I do have any, a small cup of black coffee and that is all.
    Georgette

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    I tried that but it didn't hold up too well. Any tips?
    Mine held up well. I oiled the pan really well and had no issues with getting it off the pan. Other than that, no ideas.
    Georgette

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Geo....drinking more liquids i was able to easily drop my coffee consumption to one cup a day instead of the seven I had been drinking. You can do it!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

meggan is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    meggan, a lot of us are on my fitness pal. If you give us your user name, we can friend you and you will be able to see our food diaries.
    That would be really helpful! Thank you. Here is my username: meganjnf