Page 171 of 209 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 171

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinF View Post
    Hey everyone I have a question. Does any one here have low blood pressure? Mine is usually 90/60 with some of the normal LbP symptoms like dizziness, but lately I'm so dizzy it's getting to be really annoying. I always have to stand up slower to keep from getting dizzy, but lately standing up from sitting at all or bending over makes me crazy dizzy. Could this be the lower carbs? I feel the same overall, still really tired. Anyway I'm wondering if anyone else here has LBP and experienced more dizziness eating LC.
    This happens to me when I don't consume enough calories. My most recent episode happened while recovering from the flu. Have you had a cold or flu recently?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Today I am making:

Liver pate

Winencandy's coco-chocs with macadamia nuts

Pork carnitas

Just thought I would make y'all dizzy with delight.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I made a low carb high fat version of sausage gravy and OMG, it was amazing! I will post it in the recipe forum. Really cured that want for regular sausage gravy(made that for the family this morning). I'm cutting way back on the bouillon for awhile. My BP has been high. When I went to the doctor Friday, it was 176/110. I'm going to use a quarter cube of bouillon from now on and start using reduced sodium bacon next week. I don't add a lot of salt to foods. If any of you have any other ideas on how to lower BP or sodium, I'm all ears. I'm also going to use more unsalted butter when I'm cooking for myself. I don't like cooking with CO. No matter what type of CO I use, everything picks up a slight coconutty taste and I don't like that at all.

So I made it through the Russian Circus with no cravings whatsoever(except for pizza) and I cured that Friday night with my crustless version of it. I'm curious to see what the scale will show Friday morning.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Oh No. That is high. By now, hopefully you shouldn't need too much bouillon.

Congrats of doing well during TTOM

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    I did get a horrible cold jan 1st that I just recently got over, my sinuses cleared up about 4 days ago.

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    So I made it through the Russian Circus with no cravings whatsoever(except for pizza) and I cured that Friday night with my crustless version of it. I'm curious to see what the scale will show Friday morning.
    Pizza was the hardest thing for me until I searched and experimented with a couple of primal friendly recipes. I placed a link in the recipe group for a more "conventional" pizza recipe and typed out one for my favorite pizza topping casserole. Both hit the spot for me.
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
    LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
    CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Oh No. That is high. By now, hopefully you shouldn't need too much bouillon.

Congrats of doing well during TTOM
    It's been way worse in the past. It's been as high as 194/140 a few years back. I've had issues with high bp for the past 11 years. A lot of it is genetic. I refuse to take the meds because I do not like how they make me feel at all period.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Pizza was the hardest thing for me until I searched and experimented with a couple of primal friendly recipes. I placed a link in the recipe group for a more "conventional" pizza recipe and typed out one for my favorite pizza topping casserole. Both hit the spot for me.
    I like oopsie rolls as a crust for pizza. It works well.
    Georgette

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Finally lost some weight! I do believe that xylitol was sabatoging me quite well. Hard to know exactly what I've lost so far. This as I had the flu first, but best I can tell is 2-3 or lbs so far- at least.

Because it went like this: 168, got the flu, didn't eat hardly a thing for two days (took advantage of it on purpose ). Lost down to 164.0. Started LCHF plus calorie counting (this was two weeks ago Friday), was just LCHF before but ate quite a bit more. So after a few days of eating again I was 166 which I figure reflected my actual flu weight loss. I am now 163.8 this morning. But the kicker is this is during my "Russian circus" where I normally weigh 2 lbs extra! So very excited to see what I'm weighing here in a other week or so. I plan to continue us this until March 3rd, then slowly start adding back carbs (my 10k is that date and then we will have a church festival end of march and want to be adapted back to carbs by the. Because I am going to eat!). I hope to reach at least 158 by then, that's ten lbs. But my ultimate goal weight is 150-152 I think.
    Last edited by AshleyL; 01-27-2013 at 09:27 AM.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Ashley, you're doing great! I'm glad you figured out what was sabotaging you.