Page 17 of 209 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 17

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I remember reading somewhere (or from somewhere, maybe from a book I haven't read yet) that supplementing digestive bitters or HCL with Pepsin can help if you don't have a gallbladder. It boosts your stomach acid production. It was one of the major paleo books that talked about doing that, I think. Anyway, I wonder if some of you without gallbladders might have an easier time with higher fat if you take some apple cider vinegar (mixed in a glass of water) before eating, or some HCL with pepsin.
    You probably didn't read this, but this concept was discussed in What's Eating Your Child (I think) and Primal Body Primal Mind... maybe it was actually Primal Body Primal Mind that I read it. I'll check. The author also suggested specific vitamin/mineral supplements that could be taken to boost stomach acid... something tells me it was What's Eating Your Child... I'll google it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Ok, not finding it in What's Eating Your Child, so it must have been Primal Body Primal Mind.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Yeah, I think it was something you quoted from PBPM haha. I remember it from you journal!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

TaliaK is offline Junior Member
    Hello Ladies! (and Gents if any have poked their head inside this thread)

I haven't really been a much of a poster on the forums up to now, more just a reader, but I'd love to join in on this! I was doing the LCHF for about a month back in Sept-Oct and felt great and was finally losing weight again. Halloween knocked me off track and I haven't been able to get back on since. Wheat is like a drug for me, it takes me months to stop eating it again once I've had just one hamburger bun, piece of pizza, or muffin.

I'm 5'4" currently around 205-206 lbs (about 93kg) and would love to eventually get down around 140-145 (aiming for 65 kg). Right now, I'd love to lose 20lbs by my birthday at the end of February, but would be perfectly happy if I was seeing the bottom side of 195 by then!

- Robin

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard Robin!! This is a great group of people. Feel free to ask questions or seek encouragement!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    wow girls sounds like you all had a fantastic few days. A few days ago we had a very cold summer day, so I made brocolli cheese soup. Fantastic - thank you for the recipe. Even DH enjoyed it - so that is one for the recipe book !!!!
    I haven't done any exersize for the last few days except cleaning - so I am good to go tomorrow. Anyone keen on a walk down under ????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I am ridiculously excited - my local supermarket now has Kerrygold cheese! I picked up 2 packages of mature cheddar -- tried some yesterday, OMG good -- and one of Dubliner, which I will try today. Yum!!! Now if only I could find full-fat (not 2%) Fage plain yogurt...

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    LOVE the Dubliner! It is a family favorite.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliaK View Post
    Wheat is like a drug for me, it takes me months to stop eating it again once I've had just one hamburger bun, piece of pizza, or muffin.

I feel your pain on this one. If I could learn one eating 'skill' it would be the ability to have a 'bad' food, and then be able to get back on track, without the constant battles.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Yum. You make me wish I could tolerate dairy
    -- Ruth