Page 169 of 209 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 169

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Season w/ salt/pepper, onion and garlic. I like mine very crispy as it helps my love of french fries craving.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I might give this a try.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Hi! I am only on page 150 (!!) of this thread, but I wanted to chime in a say how thrilled I am to find this group! I had kind of given up on MDA in the last year or so. I like the primal idea, and eating that way made me feel better, but I was still gaining weight. The high fat plan just seems to work so much better for me. I've spent all the last week reading the blog of Itsthewooo and she also seems to do well maintaining a 180 lb loss on a high fat, restricted calorie plan.

After messing around all this month, I think I've found a combo that will work for me. 1700 cals a day, less than 40 carbs, no more than 25 gms protein in a meal, 4 meals a day. This is actually very similar to how I ate when I lost 70 lbs about 6 years ago. I wish I would have not gone experimenting after that! I have made a whole bunch of note cards with 400 calorie meals that fit this plan.

So today I had:
    B: 2 egg omelet with 1/2 T butter, 1/4 avocado, 1 oz swiss
    L: Can of Trader Joe's albacore tuna (5 oz) drained w/ 3 T mayo, S&P
    S: chocolate mousse made from 1 egg white whipped folded into 1 oz SF dark chocolate melted w/egg yolk. 1 oz macadamias.
    D: (planned): leftover grilled very rare ribeye minced and made into steak tartare & a small caesar salad.

I know I'm not totally making "primal" choices, but that path didn't work so well...

Anyway, I am making my official weigh in day the 1st day of my period. On Dec 30, that was 232.6. Next weigh in should be in a few days.

Again, so happy to have found this thread! I'm looking forward to much success with all of you.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome glad you found us
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hey Lightlystarched, Welcome. That posted menu looks pretty primal to me.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    This group of women is so rockin'! We are all being so understanding of the process and decisions that work best for each individual, and not judging.

I am excited that we are all experiencing real change, in the most important place, our minds!

meggan is offline Member
    Hey everybody.
    I've lost some more weight and my mood is improving which I credit a lot to the increase in fat (I'm less grumpy).
    But I'm still having trouble getting extra fat in my diet. Some days I only eat twice, usually eggs and another meat cooked in fat with some veggies.

So how are you guys able to get fat into your diet? Is anyone else having this problem? I've been taking "shots" of coconut oil just to get myself to 100grams a day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    meggan, a lot of us are on my fitness pal. If you give us your user name, we can friend you and you will be able to see our food diaries.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    I'm definitely a believer that this WOE can help inflammation....I've had tendonitis in my left foot/ankle for over ten years now and wearing an ankle brace is a daily thing for me. As it's hot here, I've worn my sandals and no brace several times this last week, and realised my foot doesn't go all "floppy". So this must mean the tendonitis inflammation is easing!

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    My apologies if I am about to talk about something already covered in this thread but haven't been able to read back end to end & I found the following very enlightening:

Have spent the evening reading about Jimmy Moore's experiment with Nutritional Ketosis which is apparently the ultimate state to aim for & measured doing a very expensive blood test (It seems urine testing with ketostix can give an incorrect reading - I have never been able to record a reading with these even eating <10g carb for weeks which explains a lot). During his 180 day experiment he achieved deep Ketosis & lost a considerable weight all the while eating 85% fat.

http://www.carbsmart.com/aint-that-nutritional-ketosis-thing-just-another-way-of-saying-atkins.html

Given his results & my primary goal right now of becoming an efficient fat burner I am going to take the bull by the horns & try a limited nutrition program for 4 weeks to see what happens eating every 3hrs (as I can't afford the testing kit progress will be measured by weight lost & LBM%). I am the first to admit a 2 day menu is going to be boring but in the name of science.....

Menu A: Spinach Omelette / Chicken & Mush Soup made with HM Stock & 1tsp EVOO / Rocket/Watercress/Spinach Salad with Walnut Oil dressing & Tin Mackerel / 50g Macadamia nuts / Spinach & Smoked Mackerel with HM Horseradish Mayo / 25g Coconut Oil Cals: 1349 Ratio: 17-3-80 grams: 56-7-118

Menu B: Spinach Omelette / Chicken & Mush Soup made with HM Stock & 1tsp EVOO / Rocket/Watercress/Spinach Salad with Walnut Oil dressing & Tin Mackerel / 25g Macadamia nuts / Cauli & Ground turkey with HM Mayo & goats butter / 40g Coconut Oil cals: 1336 ratio: 18-3-79 grams: 57-8-114

My HSIS wt is apparently 59kg (130lb) (which I think may be a little low but we shall see) so the protein content should be OK The fat content is down but I am more concerned about eating too many calories at this stage. Current weight 180lb BF 32% Initial goal wt 147lb BF <31%

If at the end of the 4 weeks I have not lost any LBM & have lost a reasonable amount of weight (6-8 lb) I will up the calories to reach the 85% fat level & cut the number of meals down .

Because I have not exercised for a while & Jimmy Moore states that to exercise effectively you need to be in deep nutritional ketosis which will take a couple of months I am going to start out with walking & doing light weights while learning good technique. will start on Monday & put up a daily report on my blog & report back here in 4 wks.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76584.html

Thanks to you all for giving me the motivation to do this.
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 01-26-2013 at 05:23 PM.

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hey everyone I have a question. Does any one here have low blood pressure? Mine is usually 90/60 with some of the normal LbP symptoms like dizziness, but lately I'm so dizzy it's getting to be really annoying. I always have to stand up slower to keep from getting dizzy, but lately standing up from sitting at all or bending over makes me crazy dizzy. Could this be the lower carbs? I feel the same overall, still really tired. Anyway I'm wondering if anyone else here has LBP and experienced more dizziness eating LC.