Page 168 of 209 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 168

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the clarification! That helps some. I use most accepted fat sources: coconut oil, butter, hwc, cream cheese, olive oil, etc. I guess I just need to use more and less protein. Honestly I have seen some of the days menus posted and feel like I will just starve on that but something has to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hi, c

+1 to what Jenn said. There is a list of fat sources in the LCHF recipe group. FYI according to your goal weight, your protein goal should be 59-65gms. (KG goal + 10%). I work out a lot, so I don't sweat my protein unless it gets over 100g. I'm allowed 77-85 based on my goal.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I don't think you'll starve on anyone's menu - except maybe Tomi's, as she's only consuming 1200 calories a day.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I have to start a bit higher in calories and then after 3-5 days, the appetite suppression finally kicks in and I eat at my normal range (right now, 1400...probably needs to get to 1200 at some point). The more difficult part is mental - there's not a lot of food on the plate. And, you never really get that "stuffed" feeling.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    12 Healthy High-Fat Foods Perfect For Nutritional Ketosis

This link is also in our LCHF recipe group, it has its own discussion thread. But we have had a few asking basically how we get the fat in so I thought I would repost it here.

+1 to RMS I focused on getting the percentages right first, then after I did that for a few days, the appetite suppression kicked in and I was easily able to lower everything. I still have about 1 high day a week, where I am a bit over on everything, but the percentages are right.

I will not be getting on the scale till I go to the doc in March, so I can't say how it is working that way, but I feel great.

Note this is totally an N=1 experiment, the details are going to be different for everyone, and *GASP* there are even going to be some people for whom this doesn't work at all. I think that this WOE is especially helpful for those of us who have insulin resistance issues, or have yo-yoed a lot, among other types.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'll happily claim the title of the "starving one" I'm not starving at all though I only eat 1 whole egg + 2 yolks for breakfast - fried in 1.5 TB butter. Then I don't normally eat again until dinner (don't need to). Dinner is 4-5 oz of meat or salmon and some kind of veggies - my favorite way to make them is roasting with EVOO - then add butter when I get them plated. I will also snack on a couple cream cheese clouds either mid afternoon and/or before bed. Calories range from 1000-1300 most of the time. But if I go much higher I get thrown into a stall that can take a week to break. I'm down 7 pound since Dec. 28.

My typical veggie roast consists of carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, peppers, sweet potato and/or butternut squash. Occationally I'll throw in a red potato, but then give most of it to hubby. YUMMY........ thats on the menu tonight - and hubby won't be here so its ALL MINE! Anyone else have fav's that I might try?

I am happy to report I've kicked my need for brown sugar on my sw. potato and acorn squash I've also enormously cut down my use of ketchup and salad dressings! YEAH ME! Going VLC has eliminated my need for these.

Welcome Newcomers!!!! Here's to your health - and happiness with the image in the mirror!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    tomi, I have been known to just toss a bag of mixed frozen onto a cookie sheet (after tossing in Olive Oil and seasoning) and roasting that. And we do asparagus, or broccoli, or cauliflower alone, till they just start to brown. DH says the cauliflower like that is better than candy.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I agree ^ -- when the sugars in the cauliflower and broccoli start to carmalize........... OMgosh! sweet healthy goodness!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    aw those poor chickens Jenn
    We have gone from extreme heat to pouring down with rain here, this weather is weird!
    I think ill stick to weighing just on the 1st of each month. TOM will be over soon, and I already feel way less bloated, so hoping to register some reasonable loss next Friday for the month. My waist has been the biggest change so far -7 cm (2.75 inches), I don't think thats too shabby really

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    tomi, I have been known to just toss a bag of mixed frozen onto a cookie sheet (after tossing in Olive Oil and seasoning) and roasting that. And we do asparagus, or broccoli, or cauliflower alone, till they just start to brown. DH says the cauliflower like that is better than candy.
    I might give this a try.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I think ill stick to weighing just on the 1st of each month. TOM will be over soon, and I already feel way less bloated, so hoping to register some reasonable loss next Friday for the month. My waist has been the biggest change so far -7 cm (2.75 inches), I don't think thats too shabby really
    Neither do I!!

As others have said, this is a journey. At 5'1", I topped out at 186 (155cm, 84.5kg). I lost the early part with calorie counting and lots of exercise. With growing job responsibilities, it's been less exercise and lower carbs. Now I barely have time for exercise (making more, dammit! -- it feels so good!) and NK - I'm recomposing my body.

I spent over 30 years putting it on. I've spent the last 10 taking it off, holding, taking a little more, holding , and a little more. I'm now below my weight when I left the military ... in 1982 (yes, 31 years ago). I've lost it in 1/3 the time it took to put it on. Like Ayla2010 - perspective matters.