Page 167 of 209 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 167

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The place we're going tonight has a gluten free menu. Whew.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Here is the menu for tonight. We are being forced to eat the Family Style Banquet dinner (company is paying for it after all)... only gluten free options are the roast beef and the ham. I hope they're not topped with gravy.

Guess I'm having ham or roast beef with steamed veggies. Probably going to take my own butter, which will embarrass the hell out of Brad.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I have been browsing this thread and now that you have all experienced the month of moar fat I want to pick your brain! I eat way too much protein, with carbs and fat being what I need based on the original recommendations. How do I lower the protein while keeping the fat up and not being hungry? Ideas????

Yesterdays food which is average...
    Breakfast: coffee w/ ~3/4 T of coconut oil/1 T hwc and yerba mate.
    Lunch: appx 1/3 pound of ground beef w/ taco seasoning, guac, kale and sour cream.
    Supper: sausage/bacon and a muffin in a minute w/ butter and walden farms syrup.
    snack: 2oz cashews, 1 oz pecans, 2 slices of apple, ~1TB cream cheese. Thanks for the help!

Goal: 59kg (CW 80 kg)
    protein~ 50 grams
    carbs~30 grams
    fat~120 grams
    Calories~1500
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

The fat keeps you from getting hungry. Cut back on your meat portions and add more things like butter and coconut oil to your cooking.

Did anyone else know that ham contains carbs??? Never would have guessed it. So... I guess I'm having the roast beef tonight. I'd rather have a steak... and wish we had the choice. I'll take some KG with me for the veggies.

Going to have some salmon with butter for lunch. - If I ever get hungry. Those Practical Paleo Blueberry Lemon muffin "pancakes" have me pretty filled up still. Will have a couple of cream cheese clouds with some coconut oil on them for a fat bomb. I'll opt for the roast and the veggies for dinner, and add some KG to the veggies.

I have a plan. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that it works out the way I want it to.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Had some left over bacon from breakfast and the MIL is coming over for dinner so I made dessert: Dark chocolate (cut with some bacongrease) covering centercut bacon with ground macadamia+cacaobean+coconutflake "flour". Thats some fat right there.

Paleobird Guest
    Most ham is cured with sugar so, yes, there will be carbs involved. Prosciutto is a good alternative for home consumption.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Did anyone else know that ham contains carbs??? Never would have guessed it. So... I guess I'm having the roast beef tonight. I'd rather have a steak... and wish we had the choice. I'll take some KG with me for the veggies.

Going to have some salmon with butter for lunch. - If I ever get hungry. Those Practical Paleo Blueberry Lemon muffin "pancakes" have me pretty filled up still. Will have a couple of cream cheese clouds with some coconut oil on them for a fat bomb. I'll opt for the roast and the veggies for dinner, and add some KG to the veggies.

I have a plan. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that it works out the way I want it to.
    Yes, most hams are processed with brine solutions that contain sugars... some even have glutens and other weirdness added for flavoring.
    Sorry.
    If you are getting a ham for at home you can red labels and not do too badly though... I wouldn't trust one out though.

I ate out last night too... at Japanse so while all the family was sitting at the hibachi table being piggy, I was eating a dragon roll(no rice, the tuna-salmon-and snapper is rolled in cucumber... SO GOOD!), seaweed salad, and miso soup.
    Not enough fat by miles... but it was a nice treat.
    And I'll live through one day.
    Plus I had my coffee w/ HWC for breakfast a few spoons of the super rich pate I made yesterday as I was packing it up to refrigerate it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Never thought of the curing process... I thought of the fact that it was a stupid pig and pigs are meat... lol

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    I have been browsing this thread and now that you have all experienced the month of moar fat I want to pick your brain! I eat way too much protein, with carbs and fat being what I need based on the original recommendations. How do I lower the protein while keeping the fat up and not being hungry? Ideas????

Yesterdays food which is average...
    Breakfast: coffee w/ ~3/4 T of coconut oil/1 T hwc and yerba mate.
    Lunch: appx 1/3 pound of ground beef w/ taco seasoning, guac, kale and sour cream.
    Supper: sausage/bacon and a muffin in a minute w/ butter and walden farms syrup.
    snack: 2oz cashews, 1 oz pecans, 2 slices of apple, ~1TB cream cheese. Thanks for the help!

Goal: 59kg (CW 80 kg)
    protein~ 50 grams
    carbs~30 grams
    fat~120 grams
    Calories~1500
    Hi,

+1 to what Jenn said. There is a list of fat sources in the LCHF recipe group. FYI according to your goal weight, your protein goal should be 59-65gms. (KG goal + 10%). I work out a lot, so I don't sweat my protein unless it gets over 100g. I'm allowed 77-85 based on my goal.