Page 166 of 209 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 166

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OMG, in bed last night for 8:30 actual sleep was exactly 8 hours!!!! That is a 97% efficiency!!!! I had 2 small wake ups one around 2 when DH woke up from his recliner and came to bed and one at 5:30 which is my weekday wake up time. The rest was sleep. Yahoo!

I went over a bit on all of my macros yesterday. I came home from work looking for food (hungry? probably not really) and made myself a little cream cheese and celery snack. So I didn't end up with enough macros to really eat dinner so I had a bit of homemade jerky. Well I stayed up late, and ended up getting hungry and had a huge handful of pistachios. So looking back over the days that I go over...they are the days that I have a snack. So no more snacks. I will just make myself a cup of tea and be done with it. I am not really hungry when I eat them, probably mostly either bored or work avoidance (those are my 2 triggers for pantry lurking).

Oddlly I feel thinner today, I caught sight of myself in my baggy t-shirt pj's and my first thought was "hmm look at that thinner belly" nice to start the day with a positive thought. that may be due to the sleep too!

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Oddlly I feel thinner today, I caught sight of myself in my baggy t-shirt pj's and my first thought was "hmm look at that thinner belly" nice to start the day with a positive thought. that may be due to the sleep too!
    That is a FANTASTIC way to start any day! When I feel thin, I eat well.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Hi I'd like to join you if I may. I have been grain free & sugar free since last March but have only just found MDA. I had already come to the conclusion I need to lower the cals but not sure how to combine both so paelobirds thread was just what I needed. The macro ratios on the first page of this thread are roughly what I have decided to start doing anyway but with a lower cal count (Using the optimal diet formula I end up with my current BMR which is too high for me to lose weight on).

I was just wondering how much people have lost using these macro ratios.

My biggest challenge is getting my protein down – a couple of eggs for B/F, a piece of fish for lunch & a small piece of turkey for dinner soon adds up

Looking forward to the new thread

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Yay b2b on yur success! And Pebbles, how freaking excited are you!

Ddraig, we have all had varied results and some of us have had 10+ pounds of loss in 3-4 weeks. I have read somewhere to committ to 6 weeks to see results, but I think everyone has had some loss within 2-3 weeks with this.

It will be interesting to see what month two brings. I personally and hoping for 10 lbs in February, but I feel so satisfied on this woe that I already feel great.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome B2b and Ddraig Goch!

As of today I have lost 17 lbs, but a lot of that was water bloat from eating wheat during Christmas. I have lost 5 new pounds since my December 24th weigh in. It has helped my binge eating disorder immensely.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

calee is offline Senior Member

Let's Celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    OMG!!! I hit a new 6 month low weight today. I am only 20 lbs from my all time Primal low. Can't wait to do the week 4 report on Tuesday morning.

Now, I'm beginning to be a believer.
    I'm so excited for you! I am becoming a believer as well. I'm down 4 since Monday and haven't budged at all prior to adding more fat this week. That said, I have only been Primal since 1/1/13.

You're going to be down the rest of those pounds and feel incredible!

Welcome to our new folks.

I think weight loss varies. I am too early into this, just 5 days, to tell. I am also only 5 pounds from my low set point of the last 40 years. I took off a lot of weight to get here. I'm just trying to get off what I allowed to creep on over the holidays from eating flour and sugar. I hope I learned my lesson!

I can say that in my 5 days, I have pretty much gone from 3 meals a day to 2 meals plus a breakfast of coconut butter to start my day.

Yesterday I did eat a couple of oven roasted potatoes, small red ones, as my dinner. I did not have great options and wanted a bit more carbs because I walked 3 separate 5k's as well as working 8 hours. I ate the potatoes as my dinner. My meal of just meat carnitas at noon needed an energy boost.

I have two 5k's planned for today but will stick to low carb.

I have a great Taqueria across from my office. This week I discovered that they will give me a big scoop of pork carnitas for $2. They also have the best guacamole. Looks like 1/2 cup for $1.25. Ths week I have been getting those daily. Adding some jalapeños and full fat sour cream. That's been my middle of the day meal and most of my daily protein.

I find that I really have to think about adding the fat. The guacamole really helps. I can't stomach coconut oil, but I can chow down organic coconut butter without a problem. I've been trying to eat 3T a day. Two in the morning, one as a snack. Dinner is a salad with full fat dressing. Sometimes I'm still low on fat and eat 2T of cream cheese for dessert after dinner.

My calories are in the 1200-1400 range. I need more ways to add fat while keeping protein down. I have a block of Kerrygokd Cheddar that I eat an ounce of on my salad and sometimes add an ounce of nuts. I have not been eating cooked veggies so can't
    Add butter. In fat I didn't have any butter all week. I am switching from half and half to heavy cream.

More fat suggesting?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Sooo cool Paula, Sooooooo cool.

So, here I am just hoping the circus will leave town in time for the EOM tallies, even though I started the challenge a bit late, and I'm old hat at this so I got no "beginner's boost"... I'd still like to get a solid # out of it. And not a wishy washy "holding" because the clown car was stalled #.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So far, I have lost 11 lbs eating this way... but all of that was weight gained between October and January. And then last weekend I gained 3 or 4 back by breaking my ketosis and eating stupid chinese food, cocoa puffs and french fries. Finally started registering ketones on a pee stick again yesterday, but then finished my day at 48 gm of carbs (12 or 13% of my calories). Today I'm trying to reign it back in, but tonight we had Brad's team dinner (work thing). They're supposed to be having chicken and other forms of meat, but I'm afraid that it'll all be glutenous bombs...

I just yelled at my tv... there was a commercial on for Perdue chicken... they said "we proudly serve our chickens a purely vegetarian diet of corn and soybeans". CHICKENS ARE NOT VEGETARIANS! WHY ARE YOU FEEDING THEM A VEGETARIAN DIET??? UGH! Now I'm annoyed...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)