Page 163 of 209 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 163

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So, I think I need to use coconut milk instead of HWC. Sort of sad, but it is giving me tummy aches, I know bc this morning I had to use more in my smoothie bc I ran out. I was thinking of doing a Whole7 30 makes me want to cry, bacon and cheese are my saviors). Instead I think I'll just stop with the HWC, keep the cheese and see if I have anymore issues.

I vote for one thread in the Nutrition forum. When new people start, we gently refer them to the first page for all the details of what to do. Link Dr. Attia's blog and others and give the macro formula.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry cd means cycle day. Sorry I have been tracking so long I forget not everyone knows the acronyms. Glad it's working for you.

My weight is fluctuating up and down a half pound. Not great but not terrible. Would like to see it continue to go down. It seems to jump down after a day of "higher" carbs. I usually do a one day a week higher carb day. Still under 100g but higher than normal. I'm hanging in there to see how this works once I figure out how to exercise more.

Glad it is working well for some of you ladies.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Jenn, good idea on the first post, living document idea.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Kymma, in our recipe group there is a recipe link for a primal non-dairy creamer, it is very very good, and a great substitute for HWC, you should give it a try, I promise you won't miss the cream.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Downloaded the Runtastic Pedometer app for my phone. Has a few unappealing features (well, I guess it's my phone that is at fault and not the app - phone won't continue running app/counting steps when the screen goes to sleep, requiring me to change the settings to keep the screen on, which is draining my battery REALLY quickly), but it'll work til MFP allows us to manually enter pedometer steps (likely not to happen). So, probably only going to use it for my walk to and from the gym, plus whatever other "workout" walking I do. It won't be something I wear all day long b/c that would spell trouble for me. If I fail to take it out of my pocket before entering certain areas at work, I could get into some big trouble (secret squirrel military planning areas where I work - not allowed to have recording devices of any kind (to include mp3 players) in these areas).

it'll be interesting to see how it scores my walk to and from the gym compared to how sparkpeople scored it. And it'll link with MFP, so I won't have to enter that part of my workouts manually. Score!

With that, I'm going to go pee on a stick (ketostick) and change for my workout.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Actually, Jenn, it's the app's fault. There are apps that can force the screen to stay on. Depending on which Android build and unlock you have, there are some that can even use the G- Force sensor (accelerometer) when the screen is off.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Runtastic blamed my phone... lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

mks8500 is offline Member
    As a total newbie myself I think 1 thread in the nutrition category and the links in the first post (can be added to if necessary). The macros were the first thing that caught my eye when I found this thread so definitely need those front and center.

I have a newbie question as I'm having a duh moment. Are Paleo and PB different? I have an app that I plug foods into to see if they're paleo. HWC isn't because it's dairy (I assume). Without that I'm not even close on the fat grams. Keeping in mind that I cannot allow myself to buy the book for another 4 weeks, can anyone clear that up for me? I think I'm confused about where the macros came from. Whatever I'm doing is working so I'm happy in general but I want to figure out what part is working.

Odd thought about Russian circus time..I lose weight when mine comes. Not like .5lb either...more like 3lbs. It comes back on 3 or 4 days later but that's always been a mystery to me. Just recently I started thinking...if everyday was that first day, I'd be on a roll....except not. ;-)

Megan

mks8500 is offline Member
    Also, I use the Runkeeper app which links to the withings (scale) app which also links to the MFP app. I'm all sorts of connected...no excuses.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Primal and paleo are a little different, and really there are many debated details about both. Use either or both as a guide.

If you go to the EMF recipe group thread there is a link in one of those discussions on good sources of healthy fats. I am at work so I don't have access to the link from here, if you can't find it I will get it for you when I get home.