Page 162 of 209 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 162

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think I am in low carb flu today. Doesn't help that the Russian Circus came to town, along with feeling congested and waking up with something in my left eye. Oh yeah, there is snow on the ground as well. I'm drinking some tea with CO and had broth with bouillon and butter. Not making anything better. Clint and the girls want chili dogs for dinner tonight and I am making myself a pizza casserol thing. Slicing up a hot italian sausage link and frying the slices up maybe put some pepperoni on the base as well. Top it with sauce, cheese, shrooms, black olives and banana peppers. I'm hoping it turns out fairly decent.
    Georgette

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Geo- Pass the BAcon! It sounds like we have the same thing (minus the circus and all its folly)! Crap. I am going to work on the broth too.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I feel like I just want to sleep right now.

Paula, for links for the newbie thread, I think one to Dr. Attia's blog would be good as well as to Jimmy Moore's. Also the BMR calculator and any formulas for figuring macros.
    Georgette

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    I've lost 3 lbs so far and I hope this time it sticks. I always fluctuate about 5 pounds so we'll see in a few days if this is working for me. My macro's were perfect yesterday.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Re: new thread. I am cool with a new one. I like the idea of having a communal thread and a newbie thread, but think that might get confusing for the newbies. Plus, we'd all have two threads to keep track of in order to help our newbies. Maybe one thread would be best - and as new information comes available or new awesome links are found, just update the first thread with that added info?

First post ideas:

How it works
    Dr. Attia's blog link
    Recipe group link
    MFP Link (or fitday or whatever)
    links to all those great "fat source" articles that have been posted
    Formula for figuring macros
    maybe a link to ideal weights (even though this is CW garbage, we all kind of refer to it at first)

Then, as I said, if a new link is discovered, it can be added to the first post - first post would kind of be a living document of sorts.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Just tried butter in my coffee and my tea for the first time today. IT WAS YUMMY!! If anyone has hesitated on this, give it a try. I thought I wouldn't like it but it will now be a regular part of my routine. Oh, coffee was with HWC, tea was with coconut milk.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I think 1 thread is best, and like that you could add links to the first page as needed.

You might mention that the main purpose is to support each other through our individual journey. So if some people want to put in their food that is fine, if some want to do experiences that is good, beg for help, toot their horn we are here for ya. Haters not welcome.

maybe include info that includes the fact that many of us track and keep up with each other on MFP.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    For those with low progesterone you can try a cream called progest it can help raise your progesterone level just don;t follow the directions on the box. You use it twice a day starting after you ovulate so you need to be tracking ovulation. You cannot just assume you ovulate on cd14. Which nameless may have been why your level was low. If they did a cd21 test as opposed to a cd3 and a test one week after ovulation it could throw your levels off if you don;t ovulate on cd 14, which many women do not.
    I don't have the energy to deal with tracking ovoulation, nor do I know what those cd numbers mean. 21 days into my cycle would be about when they tested. One week prior to my period is when my PMS (depression) symptoms started, so I think it's a fair guess for me . I've had improvements on Vitex so I think it's a good option for me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I am definitely only doing one thread. I am leaning towards a Nutrition thread. Personally, I don't want to have to keep up with two threads and my journal plus read and post in everyone else's. The first post of the new thread will include all suggested info. If I miss anything we can add it in the first few posts.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think one thread is fine. Plenty of "master" threads on various topics have worked over the time I've been here (the original Iodine thread and Leptin Reset thread were monsters). You can always search in an individual thread for topics and keywords.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).