Page 160 of 209 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 160

  1. #1591
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    9,381
    Primal Fuel
    Okay Gang, we need to vote...

    Jenn says that I can change the name of this thread to reflect that we are continuing beyond January.

    Do We:

    1) Keep going with this thread
    2) Open a new thread with a link to this one in the first post. This would not be February thread, but a "challenge continues" thread.

  2. #1592
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Okay Gang, we need to vote...

    Jenn says that I can change the name of this thread to reflect that we are continuing beyond January.

    Do We:

    1) Keep going with this thread
    2) Open a new thread with a link to this one in the first post. This would not be February thread, but a "challenge continues" thread.
    My suggestion would be a new thread detailing how the EMF works, links to the source materials, and a place to put daily meal plans and answer questions. Then a seperate journal thread "The EMF Journey" or some such, where those participating could go for encouragement, to celebrate, to whine, to whatever. This allows new folks an easy way to find the information and gives the more experienced folks a place to hang out. That or I would put together a consolidation of 'information' in the first post of the new journal (or link to it in this one) - macro %, where to figure BMR, link to Dr. Attia etc. People looking for information wont care that on day 3 I ate a brownie and fell out of ketosis. They want to know how much fat to eat.

    Of course, two seperate posts might be too much of a pita, so perhaps linking to one post of all the main info would work best. Just a thought
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  3. #1593
    Ayla2010's Avatar
    Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    My suggestion would be a new thread detailing how the EMF works, links to the source materials, and a place to put daily meal plans and answer questions. Then a seperate journal thread "The EMF Journey" or some such, where those participating could go for encouragement, to celebrate, to whine, to whatever. This allows new folks an easy way to find the information and gives the more experienced folks a place to hang out. That or I would put together a consolidation of 'information' in the first post of the new journal (or link to it in this one) - macro %, where to figure BMR, link to Dr. Attia etc. People looking for information wont care that on day 3 I ate a brownie and fell out of ketosis. They want to know how much fat to eat.

    Of course, two seperate posts might be too much of a pita, so perhaps linking to one post of all the main info would work best. Just a thought
    I think these are great ideas

  4. #1594
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,782
    I survived the start up of the Russian Circus. Yep, it's here and will be a stellar show.
    Georgette

  5. #1595
    honeybuns's Avatar
    honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,245
    I'm going with canio's suggestion.

    New people are not going to want to read 100+ pages, they'll start at the end and miss out on vital information.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

  6. #1596
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    9,311
    sounds like a PITA, but I have to agree with Canio.

  7. #1597
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,509
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    sounds like a PITA, but I have to agree with Canio.
    it could be. But a new thread with all the links in the first post sounds easy enough. Then when new folks show up you could just say, "Welcome! Don't forget to read the links in the first post"
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  8. #1598
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    9,381
    Okay, I am pre writing the first post of the new thread as a word document.
    Please give me your suggestions for links and important info that should be in this opening post. It will go live on Feb 1st. I think maybe we should make our January concluding reports in this thread on 2/1 and then move to the new one. I also plan to put my Jan report in my first post on the new thread.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

  9. #1599
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,844
    Heh. I'm diving in head first into this madness, starting yesterday at dinner. I definitely need to pick up some HWC and some other easy fats.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  10. #1600
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,502
    I wanted to binge so bad last night.. a pity binge because my chest is tight with something and my inhalers are just not kicking it. I got some DM to take but I still feel like bad bacon! The cough is painful. I did not binge though. I drank a cup of yogi sleeptime tea and cough medicine with codeine and went to bed.

    I went over on my macros a little. Carbs are high, which is weird.

    Totals
    cal-1,796

    c-46
    10%
    f-169
    79%
    p-57
    12%
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •