Page 160 of 209 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 160

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Okay Gang, we need to vote...

Jenn says that I can change the name of this thread to reflect that we are continuing beyond January.

Do We:

1) Keep going with this thread
    2) Open a new thread with a link to this one in the first post. This would not be February thread, but a "challenge continues" thread.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Okay Gang, we need to vote...

Jenn says that I can change the name of this thread to reflect that we are continuing beyond January.

Do We:

1) Keep going with this thread
    2) Open a new thread with a link to this one in the first post. This would not be February thread, but a "challenge continues" thread.
    My suggestion would be a new thread detailing how the EMF works, links to the source materials, and a place to put daily meal plans and answer questions. Then a seperate journal thread "The EMF Journey" or some such, where those participating could go for encouragement, to celebrate, to whine, to whatever. This allows new folks an easy way to find the information and gives the more experienced folks a place to hang out. That or I would put together a consolidation of 'information' in the first post of the new journal (or link to it in this one) - macro %, where to figure BMR, link to Dr. Attia etc. People looking for information wont care that on day 3 I ate a brownie and fell out of ketosis. They want to know how much fat to eat.

Of course, two seperate posts might be too much of a pita, so perhaps linking to one post of all the main info would work best. Just a thought
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    My suggestion would be a new thread detailing how the EMF works, links to the source materials, and a place to put daily meal plans and answer questions. Then a seperate journal thread "The EMF Journey" or some such, where those participating could go for encouragement, to celebrate, to whine, to whatever. This allows new folks an easy way to find the information and gives the more experienced folks a place to hang out. That or I would put together a consolidation of 'information' in the first post of the new journal (or link to it in this one) - macro %, where to figure BMR, link to Dr. Attia etc. People looking for information wont care that on day 3 I ate a brownie and fell out of ketosis. They want to know how much fat to eat.

Of course, two seperate posts might be too much of a pita, so perhaps linking to one post of all the main info would work best. Just a thought
    I think these are great ideas

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I survived the start up of the Russian Circus. Yep, it's here and will be a stellar show.
    Georgette

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I'm going with canio's suggestion.

New people are not going to want to read 100+ pages, they'll start at the end and miss out on vital information.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    sounds like a PITA, but I have to agree with Canio.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    sounds like a PITA, but I have to agree with Canio.
    it could be. But a new thread with all the links in the first post sounds easy enough. Then when new folks show up you could just say, "Welcome! Don't forget to read the links in the first post"
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Okay, I am pre writing the first post of the new thread as a word document.
    Please give me your suggestions for links and important info that should be in this opening post. It will go live on Feb 1st. I think maybe we should make our January concluding reports in this thread on 2/1 and then move to the new one. I also plan to put my Jan report in my first post on the new thread.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Heh. I'm diving in head first into this madness, starting yesterday at dinner. I definitely need to pick up some HWC and some other easy fats.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I wanted to binge so bad last night.. a pity binge because my chest is tight with something and my inhalers are just not kicking it. I got some DM to take but I still feel like bad bacon! The cough is painful. I did not binge though. I drank a cup of yogi sleeptime tea and cough medicine with codeine and went to bed.

I went over on my macros a little. Carbs are high, which is weird.

Totals
    cal-1,796

c-46
    10%
    f-169
    79%
    p-57
    12%
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.