Page 16 of 209 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 16

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This cold is knocking me for a loop. I find the fat to be filling, but since most of what I seem to find is dairy based, I don't want to eat it due to the cold(extra mucous). I'm eat fairly SAD as the fat just isn't comforting to me whatsoever. I'm hoping that by taking Cold Eeze, mucinex and hot toddies(after work, of course) I'll be back to normal shortly.
    Georgette

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Georgette- For the past week and a half I have been plagued with the chest cold. I got some new essential oils I am going to experiment with. For now though, I am taking nyquil every 4-5 hours instead of 6 and taking ACV with honey every 2 hours. Its helping a bit.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Well - I think overall I did pretty good over the days of gatherings and tons of bad food options. I did have a few treats - but they were minimal considering. I opted for non-wheat treats for the most part. I stepped on the scale this morning - up 2 pounds, but my guess is that is from the alcohol bloat. I'm counting on that being gone by friday.

Back on track as of right now. I haven't eaten yet this morning - but have already had a large glass of water and starting on the second. I need to flush my system of sugar and alcohol - so its going to be lots of water for the next few days. I haven't tracked my calories or macros for 5 days - so that will also start today.

Come on people!!! Lets get back on track and tackle this thing! Throw out the rest of the cookies and pie and cakes! clean out the fridge and the pantries!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Love the positive energetic tone Tomi!!! Great job getting back on track.
    Karin

It just hit me this morning. The Cold Eeze seems to work the best for me along with mucinex and hot toddies. Nyquil makes me hyper so I tend to not take it. My youngest daughter came down with a cold last week so that would have to be where mine is from.
    Georgette

Paleobird Guest
    Well, there is still New Years Eve to get through. I have a formal dinner plus a party later that night. The entree at the dinner is going to be "butter poached lobster". How yummy does that sound?

Other than the wine I was pretty good last night until some thoughtful person who knows I don't eat wheat brought out some killer cococnut, chocolate, nuts, and raisin bark. Oh yumm. So worth it.

I have just resigned myself to a few pound of alcohol bloat that should sort itself out soon.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 12-26-2012 at 11:19 AM.

I agree with the hot toddies.. they are so good for what ails you. I have not tried the cold eeze yet. What is it? As for musinex, that expectorant aggravates my lungs and asthma (dont ask me how but was told to avoid it) and seems to make things worse for me so I avoid it. Feel better soon!!
    Karin

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I have just resigned myself to a few pound of alcohol bloat that should sort itself out soon.
    I'm right there with you!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I was going to read the whole thread before posting, but got super excited and encouraged and motivated before finishing page 2... I'm in.

Here are my stats/plans:

Fat: 127 gm minimum
    Carb: 32 gm maximum
    Protein: between 58 and 70 gm
    Calorie goal: 1503 - 1551 based on the minimum and maximum protein.

I hope to drop into the 170's and beat my sugar addiction before February strikes. I don't know if the weight goal is feasible or not, but I'm going to hope anyway. For the record, my signature is a big fat lie... I'm no longer sitting at a low weight of 184, but don't know precisely where I'm at as I have been avoiding the scale. I will weigh tomorrow and begin my VLC/HF then.

I see some paleo egg salad in my very near future!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I agree with the hot toddies.. they are so good for what ails you. I have not tried the cold eeze yet. What is it? As for musinex, that expectorant aggravates my lungs and asthma (dont ask me how but was told to avoid it) and seems to make things worse for me so I avoid it. Feel better soon!!
    That is why my doctor has me on mucinex. I'm an asthmatic as well. If I don't take it, I have trouble breathing.
    Georgette