Page 157 of 209 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 157

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have no idea what I am making for dinner. I feel like I could eat a friggin horse right now. I think I may up the broth on my workout days. That could be part of my problem today. I'm about to go nuts.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry everyone... Russian Circus is sort of my pet thing... it's a lame-o circus and all the acts are screwed up because Russia is so poor, but is still comes to town and disrupts things, screws up day to day business and traffic, then leaves a mess for the locals to clean up... part of my hormonal imbalance.

I think my hormones are getting better though!
    I feel more like a girl again... which is WEIRD.

It causes my brain not to feel good though. Damn circus.
    Any fluctuation in water retention is very bad for me... increases my brain pressure.
    This is the one week that no matter how well I manage it, it gets me.

Dinner tonight at my house... braised beef shanks.
    A trip to my butcher was fruitful yesterday.

Geostump...
    It has been a very long time since I have been under that mark as well.
    A good 14 years? I was around that weight when I got married Jan. of 99...
    The life issues that have gotten in my way are different. All personal illness since I have been chronically ill since 1997.
    Each time I got well enough to lose the weight I'd get sick again, need meds that caused weight gain again, or a year or two of narcotics again, surgeries again... and gain again... It's been a long road.
    Until this past year, and my second autoimmune disease, no one ever made any connection between my first disease and gluten intolerance. The research connecting the first disease to intolerance just came out in the past couple of years.

So now is finally the time when I am healthy, healthy enough anyway, and feel confident that I am going to be able to stay that way...
    No more sudden relapses, drugs, surgeries, ect.
    And even if I do have something happen I know that I can face it and keep marching forward with the same goals I have now.
    The past year and a half dealing with a neurological problem has taught me that also.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I've hit my first goal, lost 10 pounds. My next goal is to hit 199. That's 7 pounds away. I don't think I will weigh in at all this week due to stress. Even though my eating is within plan, I'm still aware that I've been stressed and am thinking that would affect weight. Life always seems to get in the way when I get close to that 199 mark. It seems like its going to be the death of me to get there.
    Yeah, GEO! You can do it! I LOVE hearing people getting to those increment goals! How exciting Don't let "life" keep you from your goal - just stare it down and tell it who's BOSS!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    feeling stupid.. never heard it called the Russian Circus. My circus has left for good, good riddens!

I thought is was a cultural real circus. with awesome food...<hangs head>
    Don't feel bad .......... I'm slow on the uptake too! And - mine has also left town for good! HOOORAH!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

okay - so after last weekend (moved my son out) and the little rum detour - I've been back up and running this week. I think today I am back into ketosis! I'm feeling good - have energy - and the scales have dropped back down to 181.4 (from 183 on monday). I love having my first meal when ever my tummy says it needs food - usually around 11 am. 1 whole egg and 2 yolks in 1.5 TB butter with Garam Masala and Cayenne sprinkled on top! I let the butter start to brown before I put the eggs in the pan --- and WOW.......... yummy!! and I think the spices give my metabolism a kick too!

Dinner tonight is beef/veggie curry (no rice for me). And a snack or 2 of chocolate/coconut cream cheese clouds.

I have beef broth ready to be strained............. its gonna be a fat day!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

It's been about as long, maybe even longer since I've been at or under 199. I've always been a bigger woman, even in my teen years. I've always been the type to turn to food and shut off the world. I said something earlier that made my husband mad and when I explained myself, it just got worse. So now instead of going too food, I want to cry and I'm at work. Always great to cry when you have people to talk to over the phone. I've been close to blowing up at people today. Ugh.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I didn't pass over the threshold of 200 until I was pregnant with my son. Before that I was stuck at 182. I got married at 175, 7 1/2 years ago. My son just turned 6. I am SSOOOOOO close to my pre-pregnancy weight that it drives me mad. I had gotten as close as 2 lbs away when I started putting pounds back on. I am hoping continuing ketosis will help me get back down there again.

No idea what to do for dinner tonight. I'm already at 45 gm of carbs, but have 357 calories left (47 gm fat and 7 gm protein left). What can I eat that will prevent me from going over my on carbs?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I avoided having a binge. It sort of helped that we have nothing in the house I want to binge with. I'm thinking of taking a hot shower and going to bed.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I avoided having a binge. It sort of helped that we have nothing in the house I want to binge with. I'm thinking of taking a hot shower and going to bed.
    Good for you! That is a hard thing to do sometimes.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Kymma, you are having great success. I just saw your progress. Fantastic!