Page 155 of 209 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 155

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, but I am only 5'7" so perhaps I am fooling myself into thinking I look good at 200 and thin at 180. Bleh.
    Hard to say, really. People have such different body types, I'd be loathe to make generalizations. When you get to 200#, you can always decide to tweak the goals, right?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Hard to say, really. People have such different body types, I'd be loathe to make generalizations. When you get to 200#, you can always decide to tweak the goals, right?
    Exactly...
    Also, IMO, incremental goals are often the best.
    When you start out facing a bigger number can just be too daunting, especially when stalls/stress/plateaus/life happens.
    Smaller goals make it all more bearable.

Then you just set a new goal when you get there,and are comfortable and ready.
    I think maintaining a goal for a little while is sometimes an important step too.
    I think people undervalue the maintenance aspect sometimes.
    Like if they've lost 78 lbs in 2 years, but haven't lost the last 7lbs they want to... they get so focused on those 7 "ideal" pounds they forget to celebrate the fact that maybe they have kept that 78 pounds off steadily for more than 6 months.
    Instead they are starting to panic about 7lbs? What?!
    (Not that I'm seeing that here... but I've definitely read it in other places on the forum. Just a friendly Zen reminder. )
    Chill people.
    It's a journey.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-24-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Certainly. It is more of a perception issue. I, being egotistical, always think I look good
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Certainly. It is more of a perception issue. I, being egotistical, always think I look good
    Bow chica bow bow...
    You must make milkshakes... all the girls flock to your yard.

In relation to that my husband is 5'6" and about 190.
    (Yes, tall girl is married to a short fella. )
    He has a little extra on him still. I think he is shooting for 175?
    He isn't really focused and trying too hard though...
    He isn't interested in being all buff at 150 like when he played football in high school...
    Which is good, I don't think we can afford the HGH and I don't know where to buy it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I've hit my first goal, lost 10 pounds. My next goal is to hit 199. That's 7 pounds away. I don't think I will weigh in at all this week due to stress. Even though my eating is within plan, I'm still aware that I've been stressed and am thinking that would affect weight. Life always seems to get in the way when I get close to that 199 mark. It seems like its going to be the death of me to get there.
    Georgette

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Bow chica bow bow...
    You must make milkshakes... all the girls flock to your yard.

Sadly, I don't have a yard

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I've hit my first goal, lost 10 pounds. My next goal is to hit 199. That's 7 pounds away. I don't think I will weigh in at all this week due to stress. Even though my eating is within plan, I'm still aware that I've been stressed and am thinking that would affect weight. Life always seems to get in the way when I get close to that 199 mark. It seems like its going to be the death of me to get there.
    10 pounds is great Geo. You'll make 199, no worries.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    10 pounds is great Geo. You'll make 199, no worries.
    I want to get there, but at times I highly doubt it. Everytime I get close, something happens that screws with me. Mom's death, other stressors. Just kind of ticks me off.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I want to get there, but at times I highly doubt it. Everytime I get close, something happens that screws with me. Mom's death, other stressors. Just kind of ticks me off.
    Life happens.
    Set backs happen.
    199 will happen too.

Maybe not this week, and that is OK... stressing doesn't help anything you know.
    But it will happen.

Nothing is happening at my house this week either.
    The Russian Circus is queuing up and not a pound will be lost until that have wrecked their havoc.
    I feel a zit arising on my chin as I type this.
    Sexy I know.

I never talk about my exact weight, how much I have lost, where I started, and all that... because... well... most of Primal has been about healing my Neurological issues, not losing weight.
    The weight loss is a side bonus...
    But I'm gonna tell you right now that I too am getting near that 199 mark and it's my next GOAL.
    So.
    We can do it.
    It'll happen.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm feelin' a group hug coming on!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Hooray for the successes ya'll are having!! Take your goals one step at a time
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.