Page 154 of 209 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 154

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Have you read any of Dr. Attia's blog, especially his "what I eat" entry and "how can I lose weight"?
    Who needs doctors when you have all these informative ladies around? Kidding. I will read it when I get home

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Jon, I've gotten pretty good at at lower protein and veggies. I'm supposed to eat 136g fat, 62-71g protein and no more than 34g fat a day. On a typical day, I eat:

B-cup coffee w/3 tbsp whipping cream(sometimes unsalted butter), 2-3 pieces bacon, bone broth with butter and bouillon

L-usually a salad with low carb veggies meat ranch dressing or cream based soups or buffalo chicken dip with pork rinds

D-Bacon & eggs or whatever I make for the family that falls into the EMF requirements.
    Thanks Geo. Lots of bacon and ranch in these daily menus. I like it already

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Jon, those percentages are pretty spot on, if a tad low on fat and a tad high on protein. I think I shoot for 20 to 25% protein, and 70 to 75% fat. BUT Primal did not work for me to lose wight, and I just did a 6 month experiment where my protein was higher and fat was lower and shooting for 10 non-starchy veggies a day (proteins were in the 175 to 200g range, carbs around 50g) and that didn't drop any fat. So, I am thinking I probably need to do this a little more extreme than most.

p.s. I am totally with ya on the doctors in general, but this guy is actually doing it. Warning though, his stuff can be a bit thick in scientific jargon

canio6 Guest
    Jon, those percentages are pretty spot on, if a tad low on fat and a tad high on protein. I think I shoot for 20 to 25% protein, and 70 to 75% fat. BUT Primal did not work for me to lose wight, and I just did a 6 month experiment where my protein was higher and fat was lower and shooting for 10 non-starchy veggies a day (proteins were in the 175 to 200g range, carbs around 50g) and that didn't drop any fat. So, I am thinking I probably need to do this a little more extreme than most.
    Sounds good. Life is all about n=1. I'm glad EMF is working for you

p.s. I am totally with ya on the doctors in general, but this guy is actually doing it. Warning though, his stuff can be a bit thick in scientific jargon

I was just messing with you. I'll read his stuff when I get home.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I think if you add fat here and there, you will be right on point.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sounds good. Life is all about n=1. I'm glad EMF is working for you
    I was just messing with you. I'll read his stuff when I get home.
    thanks, not sure it is working for fat loss, no scale till March, but I do feel better.

yeah, I know
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-24-2013 at 11:17 AM.

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    My goal weight is 125, so that makes it 54kg roughly and I was adding 10% to that per the formula, but I suppose I can keep it at 54g instead of adding the 10%. I've been going over on my protein everyday so I thought I might as well change my macros, but I keep forgetting that too much protein can interrupt ketosis. I'm dialing back on the protein and carbs today and trying some more things with adding fats to see if I can't get the macros to what they should be.

If you are having trouble with the fats, that article that is linked in our recipe group has some good suggestions. I think the title of the discussion is "12 healthy fats for NK" something like that.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Canio and Jan11, do either of you do heavy lifting? Heavy lifting would require more protein, I would think. The problem with protein comes in when it's NOT being used for building or repairing. So if you're not doing much in the gym, there isn't much need for protein. And any protein not used for building turns to sugar. But if you're lifting regularly, maybe you wouldn't need to reduce the protein so much?
    Good point. I don't exercise as much as I should, period, and when I do it tends to be runs of the 2 mile - 5K variety. Sometimes I'll do a set of kettlebells, some squats, or whatever, but I really should have a more regular lifting regimen. My functional strength is good for someone as slothful as I am, but it wouldn't hurt to pick it up a notch...