Page 151 of 209 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 151

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I posted it after your post in Paula's journal. Do you use my fitness pal?
    Yup, just saw it. Thanks, and no I don't. I generally do not track and when I do I use fitday.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I love eggs and notice when I just eat the yolks (fried or hardboiled), I can avoid going over on my protein but get in all my fat.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Canio, maybe you can post a typical day of what you eat here and we can make suggestions. Start by giving us your goal weight so we can do the macros and we will go from there.

jan11 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    jan11 I can tell you that this plan has cut my binges down by a third already. The key for me was more fat. I have worked my program up to 80% daily. Because the fat is so high, I end up eating around 20g of carb and 70 g of protein. You can see in my post to Meggan above how I figured my original macros.

What is your goal weight?
    Thank you for your reply!!

I don't have a goal weight, exactly. Because of my food issues, I'd really rather NOT get on a scale and weight/measure. It just takes me to a place mentally that I do not want to be. That said, I'm guessing I'm around 120-125 pounds right now and would be pretty happy if:

1. The mental stuff went away, like you said.
    2. I lost about 5-8 pounds of fat.

Initially, I was thinking of doing 55g protein, 25 g carb but I feel that is too drastic a cut (that would be half of the protein I was doing). I want to be able to sustain this, you know? Now I'm thinking of doing 70g protein, 25g total carb, the rest fat AND cut out ghee.

Something is making me bloated, and I can only guess it is that!!

Does that make sense? Will those macros get me into ketosis?

Also, my fat has been at 80% for almost two weeks, but my protein has been at 100g per day (I know that's a lot of fat).

Any chance my carbs need to be spread out? Is there an issue with eating over 10g of carb at once (thought I read that somewhere)?

I have read every inch of Dr. Attia's blog, Atkins book, and Phinney and Volek's book. I just want to make this work!

I'm starting to get really frustrated- second guessing every bite of food, which is the opposite of how I want this to go...

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Canio, maybe you can post a typical day of what you eat here and we can make suggestions. Start by giving us your goal weight so we can do the macros and we will go from there.
    Well, goal weights are tricky. I (in my humble opinion) look good at 200. I look thin at 180. Apparently I am supposed to weigh somewhere between 149-168. So I was going with 170 and using P's macro numbers.

a typical day, where I do not eat potatoes or another starch would be something like:

B/L: 5 eggs, 2 oz cheese, 1 cup tomatoes, 1 cups mushrooms - generally scrambled or an omelet cooked in butter (TBS or two)

D: 9oz of meat (generally steak, chicken thighs, or fish), 2 cups of asparagus (or similar veg usually sauteed in butter or roasted if brussels or some such) or/and a couple of cups of leafy greens.

Drinks: coffee with 1/2-and-1/2 or hvy cream.

Work days tend to be left over meat and veg for lunch with dinner as above. Some days I eat more meat. Some days less. Some days I may eat a dozen eggs, other days 0.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Jan11, I would just do the macros on the weight you think you are and see if that is enough to get you into NK..so

120=54kg that means 54g of protein, 108g of fat, and 27g of carb

Canio, first glance too many whole eggs (maybe use just the yolks for some of them) and too much meat (probably need to do half that at most cooked in CO) and definitely add butter to the veggies. I gotta go get ready for work, but I will come back later and make some suggestions. I am sure others will chime in before then. I can go days without eating any meat.

I'm just worried about feeling satisfied on so little meat!

Is it okay to eat mostly nuts the rest of the day, then? I can't do dairy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Canio, first glance too many whole eggs (maybe use just the yolks for some of them) and too much meat (probably need to do half that at most cooked in CO) and definitely add butter to the veggies. I gotta go get ready for work, but I will come back later and make some suggestions. I am sure others will chime in before then. I can go days without eating any meat.
    Thanks for the response, it is inline with what I expected. I am a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy. I can eliminate potatoes (mostly, I still like them from time to time) but days without meat? I might have to hang myself. Well, I think that answers my 'will you ever try the EMF thing' question.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    1700 calories seems low for a guy...Didnt Dr. Attica have a separate formula for men?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.