Page 15 of 209 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 15

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have no choice but to give away the candy. I am going to send it to work with my husband. After 1 1/2 days of poor eating, I feel like crap, my bad ankle is a "cankle" and I weigh 240.6. A 9 lb gain. Disaster.

I really am not able to control off plan eating like a normal person. Once I start, it becomes a non stop free for all.

At least I have a plan.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there, Pebbles -- look at the enormously valuable lesson you have learned:

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    After 1 1/2 days of poor eating, I feel like crap, my bad ankle is a "cankle" and I weigh 240.6. A 9 lb gain. Disaster.
    For me, the weight gain was less (maybe because I'm shorter? LOL), but the feeling like crap part was always there. It took a few experiments, but even those few things which remained tasty (and boy, have my tastes changed!!) have side effects that just ain't worth it.

So now I smile and pass on the junk - graciously! - and if necessary I fast, drinking water and knowing that's better than the alternative for me. After all, if Chaz can fast several days, I can go longer than my usual 20-24 hours. Easy.

And it does get easier, the longer I feel this good.

Keep going. Never quit - just stop or pause when you choose.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I have no choice but to give away the candy. I am going to send it to work with my husband. After 1 1/2 days of poor eating, I feel like crap, my bad ankle is a "cankle" and I weigh 240.6. A 9 lb gain. Disaster.

I really am not able to control off plan eating like a normal person. Once I start, it becomes a non stop free for all.

At least I have a plan.
    Hang in there and regroup. Its good you have a plan. You need to take care of you. Look to your success for your focus.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I ate a ton yesterday(my sister is a damn good cook and I WANTED to eat). But like I said earlier, I am taking this week to ease into EMF, so I will not be angry at myself for eating what I did. I do feel the beginnings of a cold so I am pumping the Cold Eeze and fluids down me. I am hoping we get out of work early today. We're getting hit by massive white death today.
    Georgette

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Paula, hang in there, lady! You will get back on track. For better or for worse, your body swings weight pretty dramatically -- you will be able to whip those 9 lbs off fairly quickly when you get back in the groove. We're here for you and rooting for you.
    -- Ruth

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I probably ate more fat than usual over the long weekend (4 days), but I also ate a lot more processed carbs too. Funnily enough, my body seemed to react positively and I leaned out even more. I have seen my abs consistently for 3 mornings in a row. I'm going back to my usual eating now (moderate carb, no wheat or refined sugar!) and am curious to see if it remains the same. Maybe that carb refeed business works for me. I feel fairly energetic, but I believe that's due to taking Vitex. My knee is hurting a lot from the wheat I ate this weekend, and my body is not feeling strong, even on the usual 3 flights of stairs I walk 5 days out of the week to my office.

My EMF experiment only lasted a few days last week. The first two days, I tried to eat more earlier in the day and was not hungry until just before bed as a result (that does not work for me). The third day, I was ravenous all day long. I think I'll go back to paleo for now and try adding in more fruit.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    the higher fat for me is working well. I was actually able to not eat dessert last night and not feel deprived (and it was a family Christmas tradition- povitica). No hunger issues yesterday, and no energy issues. I definitely feel better when I don't eat carbs.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to take my measurements/weight on Monday, December 31 to kick off the higher fat approach. I'll probably fast on Jan 2 (day of my knee surgery; can't eat before, and I probably won't want to eat after). I will be cooking a boatload of foods on Dec. 31 and Jan 1 to store/freeze for easy reheating post-surgery. Does anyone have any food suggestions? Thanks in advance!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    After my surgery all that sounded good was soup. You could make and freeze some soups (cheesy broccili, chicken vegetable etc.), you might also cook up some group hamburger that can be easily heated and seasoned for taco salad, meat sauce with parm cheese, "chili" sans beans). You also might think of making some egg/casserole dishes. I made lazy chili rellanos for Christmas and they are good reheated. Have sliced meats on hand as well as prepared salad greens. Best wishes to you on your surgery.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Karin!