Page 149 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 149

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Here's a question. When doing LHT, do you find it more difficult to lift heavy weights or just as easy? At times, I feel like I'm having a difficult time lifting 3 pound dumbbells. I used to be able to lift 15-20 pounds with ease. Do you think its the low amount of carbs eaten?
    Georgette

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    This is sort of off topic, but I was thinking of making the cream cheese clouds with orange so they'd be like orange creamsicles, but I have no idea how to do it. Would I just add orange juice or is there some kind of orange extract I can buy?

I might need to do some tweaking with my calories because I can't seem to get above the 90g fat mark unless I go over on protein. I guess I could drink more tea with coconut oil, but I'm already drinking 4 cups of it and it's getting boring.

Also, just a quick question about exercise, does anyone here change how they eat on exercise days? I don't LHT or anything quite yet, but I do bodyrock.tv or zcut (HIIT workouts) 5 days a week and on the workout days it seems like I'm starving all day and want to eat nothing but potatoes o_O

Quote Originally Posted by ErinF View Post
    This is sort of off topic, but I was thinking of making the cream cheese clouds with orange so they'd be like orange creamsicles, but I have no idea how to do it. Would I just add orange juice or is there some kind of orange extract I can buy?

I might need to do some tweaking with my calories because I can't seem to get above the 90g fat mark unless I go over on protein. I guess I could drink more tea with coconut oil, but I'm already drinking 4 cups of it and it's getting boring.

Also, just a quick question about exercise, does anyone here change how they eat on exercise days? I don't LHT or anything quite yet, but I do bodyrock.tv or zcut (HIIT workouts) 5 days a week and on the workout days it seems like I'm starving all day and want to eat nothing but potatoes o_O
    They make orange extract. Also, try adding orange zest as well. Orange juice would almost like adding pure sugar
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    They make orange extract. Also, try adding orange zest as well. Orange juice would almost like adding pure sugar
    I was going to suggest orange juice instead of sweetener. But I would juice the orange myself and add orange zest.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I was going to suggest orange juice instead of sweetener. But I would juice the orange myself and add orange zest.
    boiling said orange juice could concentrate it too, for more orange flavor while keeping the cream cheese consistency.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    For the exercise questions I would check Dr. Attia's blog or the book "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance"

Erin, I got an orange extract from Whole Foods that is fantastic! Also, the article that is linked a few pages back and in the recipe group has 12 healthy fat sources for NK (avocados, cream cheese, higher fat meat, I can't remember them but it was a good article)

I've never been much of an athlete, so yeah. I'm putting muscle on pretty decently at this point. I've noticed that just from the change in diet, my legs have slimmed down. I own 2 pairs of knee boots and on the left side, my calf kind of swims in it and on the right its comfortably fitted.
    Georgette

Thank you spammer for your alarming insight.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Here's a question. When doing LHT, do you find it more difficult to lift heavy weights or just as easy? At times, I feel like I'm having a difficult time lifting 3 pound dumbbells. I used to be able to lift 15-20 pounds with ease. Do you think its the low amount of carbs eaten?
    Funny, I feel stronger. I think it is the consistent use of CO in my BPC in the am and my tea at night. My shape is changing rapidly as I ramp things up in the gym again.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

meggan is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How do I figure out how many calories I should be eating?
    I understand how to calculate the macronutrients, but I'm not sure what the suggest formula for calories is.
    I'm 5'10", 220lbs.