Page 147 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 147

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have some good news to report: this is the second morning that I woke up w/o hunger. I hit my macros yesterday. It's 10 am and I'm not ready to eat. So far I've had 1 T. of oil, bone broth and black tea with 1 T of HWC. Thanks every one for the support.
    I feel like my body may be switching to being fat adapted.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Paula, that is exactly what I thought, and was going to put and saw you beat me to it!

Upon retirement I plan to return to Florida, some beach reasonably near the Jax Mayo (I want good health care when I get old!), probably Fernandina. We might also keep a place here for summers, if we make enough on the sale of the house we live in to have 2 places. But that is years away, and 2 kids college to get out of the way and paid for!
    It's almost hard to believe there was a time before Disney here in FL... since it kind of runs the state now!
    Husband and I discussed one day what would happen if DW tried to announce they were going to shut down... We decided that it seriously could not be allowed to happen. The government would have to step in. Until you have lived in this area with the impact is has you have no clue the income it generates for such a wide sector of the economy... it's almost creepy.
    My husband's parent's moved here in about '74 I think, so very young Disney when Central FL was still fairly unspoiled and pastoral/ beautiful orange groves.

I like Jax... and LOVE Jax Mayo. They are the ones who saved me with a diagnosis after half a dozen other doctors here in O'town had just looked at me like I had two very messed up heads they had no idea what to do with.
    They even said 'I have no idea..." and looked at me like

Not the team of neuros at Jax Mayo! They were all like, we got this... poke, prod, boom... diagnosis!
    Very cool.
    I had to stay there for a week.
    But totally worth it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I wasn't going to do it, I really wasn't. I hopped on the scale just to make sure I'm not going up. At this point I don't care if I'm in the same place. First weigh, same place. Second weigh, down half pound. Whew. Not going up and I'm not bothering to remember the numbers. I'll report in at the end of the month.

Isn't the most important part of all this percentages rather than number of grams?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    It depends. You could get the right percentages, but possibly be eating too little in calories. IMO

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    yeah, the percentages could be right and you could be eating many times the amount you need (unless of course you are really good at listening to your body, but I am guessing not many of us are or we would not be here)

We moved to Orlando in 1968. I graduated from high school in 1976, Disney World's 5th anniversary. My proms were at Disney. It is a huge part of my high school life (this is of course before it became so big and sooo expensive).

Mayo Jax kept me from having to live with a bag after it was discovered I had colon cancer. They just removed the cancer and off I went! That was 18years ago. I will forever be grateful to my team of docs there. Love their approach to the whole human, the fact that they are so up to date, and it was cheaper than the hospital I was going to.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I have some good news to report: this is the second morning that I woke up w/o hunger. I hit my macros yesterday. It's 10 am and I'm not ready to eat. So far I've had 1 T. of oil, bone broth and black tea with 1 T of HWC. Thanks every one for the support.
    I feel like my body may be switching to being fat adapted.
    That is excellent news. So happy it is working out for you.

Chris, good point on eating too much as well.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I find that I have to plan my food carefully to stay between 12-1300 calories and hit the fat percentage.
    We're in the same camp! If I go much above 1300 calories the scales don't move at all. 1000-1200 is my good weight loss range. I get so frustrated when people start telling me I'm not eating enough - when I'm stalling at 1500 calories! Not all of us have the same metabolic rate. Its hard to stay that low - but its the only way.

Good luck, Calee! We can do this! Health, and Good Looks! Woot!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am surprised at how many of you have someone making comments on what you eat. Luckily I don't have a soul who does, or ever did. My grandmother was a food pusher but was non-discriminate about who she pushed to.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    We're in the same camp! If I go much above 1300 calories the scales don't move at all. 1000-1200 is my good weight loss range. I get so frustrated when people start telling me I'm not eating enough - when I'm stalling at 1500 calories! Not all of us have the same metabolic rate. Its hard to stay that low - but its the only way.

Good luck, Calee! We can do this! Health, and Good Looks! Woot!
    Building muscle will help push your metabolism. I know you're not interested in LHT, but it might help push your weight loss/allow for more calories in a day. Metabolism (as the general public knows it - that fire that keeps us from getting fat) lives in our muscles.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)