Page 140 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 140

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Recipe posted. I'm eating some right now with pork rinds. So good with pork rinds. I also included other dipping ideas for yourself and for the non-primal people in your life.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    thanks Geo!

Karin, look at mine and see if you can see any of mine. It would be nice if you could just transfer the info wouldn't it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Can someone please tell me how to find the recipe group? I've looked under Recipes, and under Odds and Ends --- can't find it.

Thanks bunches!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Can someone please tell me how to find the recipe group? I've looked under Recipes, and under Odds and Ends --- can't find it.

Thanks bunches!
    Click on "Community" in the black bar above. Then click groups. It's in there.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    AWESOME!! thanks, Jenn!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    I'm only a few days into LCHF, but man I am completely drained of energy today. And to make things worse I have a whole batch of gluten free dark chocolate biscotti (twice dipped in extra dark chocolate) in my freezer screaming my name. I'd throw them away but they are so expensive to make that I can't do it. I'm torturing myself.

On a side note: I hate MFP and all other weight loss sites like it. I'm a total forum stalker and sometimes it's so hard not to comment on some of the threads. It makes me so grumpy when people give advice on LC eating that is completely wrong. Sigh.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinF View Post
    I'm only a few days into LCHF, but man I am completely drained of energy today.
    Yep, your body is still adjusting. It will get there. Don't give up and let your body give into its cravings! You can do this. Things get better after the first week or two.

Low-carb flu sucks, but it's a lot better than the side effects of a CW diet!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinF View Post
    I'm only a few days into LCHF, but man I am completely drained of energy today. And to make things worse I have a whole batch of gluten free dark chocolate biscotti (twice dipped in extra dark chocolate) in my freezer screaming my name. I'd throw them away but they are so expensive to make that I can't do it. I'm torturing myself.

On a side note: I hate MFP and all other weight loss sites like it. I'm a total forum stalker and sometimes it's so hard not to comment on some of the threads. It makes me so grumpy when people give advice on LC eating that is completely wrong. Sigh.
    Erin, if you make bone broth, add some Knorr bouillon and a tbsp of salted butter to it. If you don't have the broth, take a cup of water, heat it with the bouillon and butter and sip it. This helps with the low carb flu by adding electrolytes to your body and you won't have that dead to the world feeling. I have a cup of this everyday at breakfast and it helps give you an energy boost

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Erin, it may seem obvious, but are you getting enough fat? I think more than a few of us worked to get our macros in order then worried about calories. I was about a week in when I started to get it and pin it down. My carb flu was very minimal. I have done bouillon maybe 4 days since I started, and only because I mildly didn't feel good.

I never check the forums here or there, so much misinformation is being disseminated in them it is amazing!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    The thing is, I wasn't eating more than 100g carbs before joining this group so I can't imagine I would get carb flu just from dropping below 50g carbs. I do have bad luck lately so I wouldn't be surprised it its a second round of carb flu.