Page 137 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 137

Shyloh is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Shyloh, now that you are getting into the finer details it will become an N=1 experiment. If it were me, I would track diligently, and compare that to what the scale and my measurements said. Then use that to decide my macros, obviously staying within the Primal guidelines. I think that there will be a variety of things that could happen in a person's life that will change the need for the macros...exercise, stress, sleep, illness. Getting there is only the start! Congrats!
    demuralist,I plan on paying close attention to what my scale says. I'm going to take measurements this morning for sure. I'm excited to see where my macros will be and how my body responds!

Thanks!
    Started eating Primal January 14th,2013
    CW: 126 lbs/GW 125lbs
    I am new to Primal/Paleo,loving it so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Shyloh is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yeah Geo put it up there!

Three week Report: Down 12.5 lbs and 12 inches. No change in wt. for several days. I have gone back to the gym full force and my muscles are holding water. This morning one of my colleagues commented that I was obviously losing weight.

Side Benefits This may be TMI, but I have had leaky bladder syndrome since my first son was born. In the past I had noticed a marked improvement on low carb as long as I didn't do intense jumping. For that reason I have always modified my moves in the cardio kick class. I usually do the boxing moves and the kicks but never the footwork. Last night I decided to go all out . Amazingly, I did most of the footwork and had absolutely no leaks. Apparently on HFVLC my bladder control is almost normal.

Goals I hope to break my low 230's set point and end the month in the 220's. That will help me decide if my calorie intake and macros are right heading into February. Already I can say that this is the cleanest month I have had in a year. I am generally emotionally stable and energetic on this plan as well. So far I am very pleased with the results.
    I love your positive attitude!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    So, does the tinny taste in your mouth make you think of the old dental fillings? Oh, wait. I'm showing my age. Does it bring to mind biting down on aluminum foil? This happened to me this morning and I am hoping it was ketosis.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Good Morning,

As background, I started eating mostly Primal ( meat isn't all pastured), so mostly, on January 1st. I love the freedom of letting go of grains and sugar, but eating out choices are sometimes a bit limited. I have eaten primarily low carb for decades and have dropped a considerable amount of weight. I am active and love to walk and hike. I went back to a desk job in the fall and went from 143 to 145. The holidays hit and I was traveling. Scale went from a 145 to a range of 150-152. ACK! major freak out. I had been reading Primal Blueprint and decided it sounds lie a good balance between life/food/movement.

I did the Prato hack for a few days to transition from sugar/flour to low carb again. It got rid of my cravings. My weight still going 150-152 and not dropping while back to low carb (under 40 a day) for two weeks. I've been reading this thread as wells the SLD thread but was hesitant to up the fat. I don't have a gall bladder. I tried a spoon of evoo and my poop turned to tar. That wasn't a good day.

IF, while many talk about it, I can't get past 10am with nothing for coffee with half and half.

Yesterday waking up at 151.6 I said F it, I'm in for a few days of experimentation. I looked around the kitchen trying to figure out what might work for me. I ca,e upon a jar f organic coconut butter. Hmmmm, that stuff as taste, do not SLD, but definitely fat that I could hopefully tolerate.

I had my coffee at 6. Two tbsp of coconut butter at 7. Walked to work, tea in the office at 8. No hunger. Wow. 9, 10, no hunger. At around 10 I had another spoon of coconut butter. Noon I forced myself to eat 4 oz. carnitas w 1 spoon sour cream. had meetings all afternoon. Got home at 4 and had another tablespoon, then walked a 5k. Dinner time made a salad w chicken breast and could only eat half. I had a 1/2 cup pistachios in the shell a little later.

I did my macros. 1249 calories, 73 percent fat. 11 carbs, 18 protein. Yesterday 151.6 this morning 148.8. Am I pleased? You bet! I'll go it another few days to experiment. So I just want to thank you all for your posts because I've read everyone of them this month.

Just sign me....Happy Camper!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome calee!

Shyloh is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Good Morning,

As background, I started eating mostly Primal ( meat isn't all pastured), so mostly, on January 1st. I love the freedom of letting go of grains and sugar, but eating out choices are sometimes a bit limited. I have eaten primarily low carb for decades and have dropped a considerable amount of weight. I am active and love to walk and hike. I went back to a desk job in the fall and went from 143 to 145. The holidays hit and I was traveling. Scale went from a 145 to a range of 150-152. ACK! major freak out. I had been reading Primal Blueprint and decided it sounds lie a good balance between life/food/movement.

I did the Prato hack for a few days to transition from sugar/flour to low carb again. It got rid of my cravings. My weight still going 150-152 and not dropping while back to low carb (under 40 a day) for two weeks. I've been reading this thread as wells the SLD thread but was hesitant to up the fat. I don't have a gall bladder. I tried a spoon of evoo and my poop turned to tar. That wasn't a good day.

IF, while many talk about it, I can't get past 10am with nothing for coffee with half and half.

Yesterday waking up at 151.6 I said F it, I'm in for a few days of experimentation. I looked around the kitchen trying to figure out what might work for me. I ca,e upon a jar f organic coconut butter. Hmmmm, that stuff as taste, do not SLD, but definitely fat that I could hopefully tolerate.

I had my coffee at 6. Two tbsp of coconut butter at 7. Walked to work, tea in the office at 8. No hunger. Wow. 9, 10, no hunger. At around 10 I had another spoon of coconut butter. Noon I forced myself to eat 4 oz. carnitas w 1 spoon sour cream. had meetings all afternoon. Got home at 4 and had another tablespoon, then walked a 5k. Dinner time made a salad w chicken breast and could only eat half. I had a 1/2 cup pistachios in the shell a little later.

I did my macros. 1249 calories, 73 percent fat. 11 carbs, 18 protein. Yesterday 151.6 this morning 148.8. Am I pleased? You bet! I'll go it another few days to experiment. So I just want to thank you all for your posts because I've read everyone of them this month.

Just sign me....Happy Camper!
    Welcome Calee!

The ladies here are awesome and so helpful!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Hi Calee,

I've read from others that supplementing digestive enzymes, ox bile, or HCL is a good idea if you don't have a gall bladder. Otherwise, I would suggest increasing fat slowly, and don't just add extra spoonfuls of oil, but get your fat from food sources.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    So, does the tinny taste in your mouth make you think of the old dental fillings? Oh, wait. I'm showing my age. Does it bring to mind biting down on aluminum foil? This happened to me this morning and I am hoping it was ketosis.
    Anybody??
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Anybody??
    Yes that's it. Breath mints or something like them may be in order.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all. Confession time... I broke my ketosis this weekend - on chinese food. *hangsheadinshame* Then I spent the rest of the weekend making a feeble attempt to reinstitute the LCHF eating. It was probably closer to HFHC most days. Getting back on track today. Going to the gym this afternoon (over lunch) to start burning off the carbs.

Shampooed my living room carpet yesterday and then part of my bedroom b/c my dogs made a mess. 3 hours of carpet shampooing should be worth something by way of glucose usage right?

Hoping to be back in ketosis by Thursday or Friday.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)