Page 136 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 136

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think everyone goes through being afraid of eating moar fat. Its so ingrained into us that its bad for us.
    But once I was over that it was great.

Shyloh is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I think everyone goes through being afraid of eating moar fat. Its so ingrained into us that its bad for us.
    But once I was over that it was great.
    That's so true! I always ate everything low fat or fat free. It's kinda liberating to finally realize that moar fat isn't going to kill me!
    Started eating Primal January 14th,2013
    CW: 126 lbs/GW 125lbs
    I am new to Primal/Paleo,loving it so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I hope to be posting more this week.

This week I will get to cook a little bit. Who am I?!?!? I want to make some of the recipes from the recipe group and I am definitely making that buffalo chicken dip DROOL!!!!!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Geo, I didn't see the buffalo chicken dip in the recipe group, did you give it a different name?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Shyloh is offline Member
    Good morning ladies!

I just wanted to say thank you for your guidance,last night. I really appreciate all your help!
    I weighed myself this morning and look at my ticker!!! The scale hasn't budged since before Xmas and I know for a fact that I had gained a bit of weight since the holidays! So,am I safe to assume that my weight loss is because of eating more fat and less carbs?

Another question...to maintain,I keep my carbs between 100-150,right?. I'm assuming closer to 150? I really want to keep with this way of eating..
    Last edited by Shyloh; 01-22-2013 at 05:13 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah Geo put it up there!

Three week Report: Down 12.5 lbs and 12 inches. No change in wt. for several days. I have gone back to the gym full force and my muscles are holding water. This morning one of my colleagues commented that I was obviously losing weight.

Side Benefits This may be TMI, but I have had leaky bladder syndrome since my first son was born. In the past I had noticed a marked improvement on low carb as long as I didn't do intense jumping. For that reason I have always modified my moves in the cardio kick class. I usually do the boxing moves and the kicks but never the footwork. Last night I decided to go all out . Amazingly, I did most of the footwork and had absolutely no leaks. Apparently on HFVLC my bladder control is almost normal.

Goals I hope to break my low 230's set point and end the month in the 220's. That will help me decide if my calorie intake and macros are right heading into February. Already I can say that this is the cleanest month I have had in a year. I am generally emotionally stable and energetic on this plan as well. So far I am very pleased with the results.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good Morning Shyloh, I would say maintenance at your level of activity would be 150+, but you would have to experiment. Congrats on the new low. How did you center your ticker in the sig. It looks cool.

EDIT: I figured it out. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-22-2013 at 05:29 AM.

Shyloh, now that you are getting into the finer details it will become an N=1 experiment. If it were me, I would track diligently, and compare that to what the scale and my measurements said. Then use that to decide my macros, obviously staying within the Primal guidelines. I think that there will be a variety of things that could happen in a person's life that will change the need for the macros...exercise, stress, sleep, illness. Getting there is only the start! Congrats!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

Yeah Paula!!!!! Love hearing the success and confidence in your "voice" this month. It shines through.
    Chris
    Unknown

Shyloh is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Good Morning Shyloh, I would say maintenance at your level of activity would be 150+, but you would have to experiment. Congrats on the new low. How did you center your ticker in the sig. It looks cool.

EDIT: I figured it out. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Pebbles67-Thanks and I'm glad you figured it out,I was just about to tell you how to do it!

I'll have to find out level of carbs that my body is happy with,right now they are set at about 100 grams.