Page 135 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 135

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm just tickled pink to eat fruit lol! I LOVE citrus. I used to juice two grapefruit a every night. Before that I would eat two or three oranges at a time (that was way back, pre primal). This honestly is tasting just about as good to me.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    the first time I had a mango after originally going primal, it was the most delicious thing ever, so sweet, and juicy. My husband laughed at how much I enjoyed it.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I just don't think its right, that the new people get scared off LC because of these trolls hanging around here.
    I just share my experience, then get told by them I am wrong. Of course that is going to annoy me.
    And being spoken to like I am an idiot when I have already said something gets me even more irked up.
    I have been here for more than 3 years, and trust me, people are going to piss you off and you are going to take breaks. Guess what? These people that think they know it all, and will also get pissed off, take breaks, and re-evaluate everything they think they already knew. Keep on your path. Keep experimenting. There are no gurus here. We're all learning from each other. There will always be those "queen bees." Let's not buzz around them. Let's help figure out things for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I have been here for more than 3 years, and trust me, people are going to piss you off and you are going to take breaks. Guess what? These people that think they know it all, and will also get pissed off, take breaks, and re-evaluate everything they think they already knew. Keep on your path. Keep experimenting. There are no gurus here. We're all learning from each other. There will always be those "queen bees." Let's not buzz around them. Let's help figure out things for ourselves.
    Thanks for the support

Shyloh is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Shyloh I think that I would start with the more balanced approach that I based on the information in the PB book. You are new to this lifestyle and you work out a lot. Have you ever been obese or dealt with an eating disorder? It seems to me that people who have not messed up their metabolisms too much can do well on the PB as written. I have been obese most of my life and have a binge eating disorder so controlling cravings and retraining my body and mind are extremely important. Others here are doing ketosis for medical reasons.

Either way, keep us updated on how it is going.
    Pebbles67-No,I haven't been obese or suffered from an eating disorder. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone in anyway. I do have Celiac Disease and I am looking to eat more whole foods. I think I may go with the balanced approach,as you suggested. I appreciate your help!
    Started eating Primal January 14th,2013
    CW: 126 lbs/GW 125lbs
    I am new to Primal/Paleo,loving it so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Shyloh View Post
    Pebbles67-No,I haven't been obese or suffered from an eating disorder. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone in anyway. I do have Celiac Disease and I am looking to eat more whole foods. I think I may go with the balanced approach,as you suggested. I appreciate your help!
    I am sure no-one here is offended
    You came and asked for help with being LC, so I responded But yes Paula is right, sorry I missed the part about you being new to this when I first replied. Best to follow the book as written before making changes generally
    Good luck with it all.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyloh View Post
    Oh No Shyloh, That is not what I meant at all! I just wanted you to know why some of us are doing this. I had great success for a year on regular PB, In fact I lost 65 lbs. But then I lost my Mom to cancer and the binging started. Give the regular PB a month or two and then change if you feel you need to.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shyloh, congrats on your success so far. I second (third?) keeping with what is working if it is indeed working. I am a bit jealous of you! While I loved Primal from the moment I started, I was not at all successful at weight loss. Please do keep us updated, I am excited about hearing you have reached your goal and just as importantly that you are maintaining it!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Shyloh is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Oh No Shyloh, That is not what I meant at all! I just wanted you to know why some of us are doing this. I had great success for a year on regular PB, In fact I lost 65 lbs. But then I lost my Mom to cancer and the binging started. Give the regular PB a month or two and then change if you feel you need to.
    Whew...I'm so glad that I didn't say anything to offend you! I plan on sticking with PB for quite awhile...I love it!

Shyloh is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Shyloh, congrats on your success so far. I second (third?) keeping with what is working if it is indeed working. I am a bit jealous of you! While I loved Primal from the moment I started, I was not at all successful at weight loss. Please do keep us updated, I am excited about hearing you have reached your goal and just as importantly that you are maintaining it!
    demuralist, thank you! I'm going to go with the more balanced approach,as Pebbles67 suggested. I love eating Primal/Paleo! It'll be interesting how it's all going to play out. You know,I used to be so afraid of eating MORE fat..not anymore,that's for sure!