Page 13 of 209 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 13

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    JackieKessler, you obviously need to do whatever you need to in order to keep out of obsessive behaviors. I know that it is easy for me to slip into obsessive behavior regarding macros and tweaking. For me, the cure was to get off the scale. I now have to focus on how I feel, which is a much better indicator.

We leave tomorrow, so my visits will be sporadic for a while here after that.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday wasn't bad. My calories were low by about 200 points. I found it very difficult to all that fat as I just wasn't hungry. I did have the bone broth with the Knorr boullion. Today I feel lethargic as hell. My carbs were a bit high at 38g instead of the 34g. I did step on the scale yesterday and it showed my weight as 216. My scale is about 10 pounds off so I will say my weight is 226. I won't measure myself. I'm not good when it comes to working with measuring tape.
    Georgette

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Yesterday wasn't bad. My calories were low by about 200 points. I found it very difficult to all that fat as I just wasn't hungry. I did have the bone broth with the Knorr boullion. Today I feel lethargic as hell. My carbs were a bit high at 38g instead of the 34g. I did step on the scale yesterday and it showed my weight as 216. My scale is about 10 pounds off so I will say my weight is 226. I won't measure myself. I'm not good when it comes to working with measuring tape.
    I read the funniest quote about this on pintrest.. it says when stepping on a scale to SUBTRACT 10 pounds because our boobs and brains should not be held against us. LOL You are 216.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I read the funniest quote about this on pintrest.. it says when stepping on a scale to SUBTRACT 10 pounds because our boobs and brains should not be held against us. LOL You are 216.
    I just lost ten pounds!

I love this.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    LOL. I would agree, however, I know that's in my gut. I will say 226 just to be safe.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    LOL. I would agree, however, I know that's in my gut. I will say 226 just to be safe.
    well ok.. just dont sell your boobs or brains short.. wait.. I mean.. well there is no great way to say that..LOL!
    Karin

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking I get -15 for my "girls"! finished the last of my open coconut cream with my first cup of coffee. HWC and stevia drops for my second.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Week 1 done. I consider between now and the end of the year my "on-ramp" period where I get myself back into fat burning mode. I quickly dropped my carb bloat (165 to 163.2) and then another pound (to 162.2). For me, that's fantastic. More important, I'm feeling satisfied. Yesterday, I had portioned myself out lunch and realized 3/4 through that I was full. A lot of times I keep eating, but I STOPPED. This is what I was needing again... I'm also remembering what true hunger feels like. Hooray!
    -- Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Week 1 done. I consider between now and the end of the year my "on-ramp" period where I get myself back into fat burning mode. I quickly dropped my carb bloat (165 to 163.2) and then another pound (to 162.2). For me, that's fantastic. More important, I'm feeling satisfied. Yesterday, I had portioned myself out lunch and realized 3/4 through that I was full. A lot of times I keep eating, but I STOPPED. This is what I was needing again... I'm also remembering what true hunger feels like. Hooray!

this.. said beautifully
    Karin

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    My higher fat day yesterday worked really well. I can't always ditch the wine thou - so I am going to have to work seriously on that lil habit !!!! I also can't believe how filling coconut cream is. I made scrambled eggs with 2 x eggs and 60 mls of coconut cream yesterday morning for breakfast - wow very enjoyable.

anyways merry Christmas - santa has been and gone in NZ already. But hes well rested and the reindeer refreshed - and hes on his way to yours !!!!! Have a safe and happy christmas day. x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....