Page 129 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 129

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I wondered that as well when it seemed the bone broth did not work as well. Then I thought maybe it was just my imagination. Maybe it is actually the MSG. : )

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I did a google search for boullion without msg, etc. There are plenty out there. You just need to look for them. Lots of organic and grassfede boullion sources as well.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    My bone broth is very rich, and when I am feeling the carb flu, the lighter bouillon sits better.

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    I've done a few google searches and couldn't find anything that didn't have either MSG or some other kind of flavor enhancer in it. I just made a batch of bone broth and will try that for now, it just takes so long to make and I don't really have access to a lot of bones here so I wanted to make it last as long as possible. I'll try the bouillon that I have, I think it will help me get past being hungry for the first few days.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm having a nice hot mug of homemade broth for breakfast today. I have no idea how to count calories or macros so I'm just not going to.

The weekend was a bit off for me.......... we moved my son into his house and food options were not the best. Saturday I ate KFC - baked chicken breast with no breading, fries and 2 biscuits. UGH! I could have eaten ONLY the chicken - but I was really hungry and it all looked good!

I also excussed my new years resolution and we had rum.............

So - I'm no looking at the scale until Friday.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Paleobird Guest
    US Wellness meats sells bone broth. I've never tried it since I make my own. When I get a good big pot of stock going and the bones are pretty much spent, I take them out and then turn the heat up and boil it down to a concentrate. It jsut gets the excess water out and makes it easier and more compact to store. In the fridge it sets up like really stiff jello. I can just slice a bit off when ever I want and reconstitute with hot water or use in cooking other things. Sometimes I just nibble on the jello.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hi all,
    Hope you are all well.
    Ill come back and try to reply to every one soon.
    I stayed the same weight this week, but TOM is due Wed. I did go down 2 cm on my waist though, so no longer over 1 m around, yay! (99cm).

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Erin, I have found that keeping the fat up makes a huge difference in hunger as well as keeping the carb flu down. I also sort of worked my way down in that I first used my goal as 35g of Net Carb, I can now easily do 35g of Carbs straight without subtracting the fiber. No matter what plan you do, you are going to have to give up or change something and the transition can be a bit of work, especially if it is TOM. Hang in there.

The original equation of cm-100 comes up pretty much the same for me= 70. So I guess I picked the correct "HSIS". So I am losing from 118kg to 72kg, a 100lbs or 56kg. And that is the reason I focus on the process, because 1lb seems like a drop in the Pacific, too depressing to get on the scale right now.
    I get confused by the net carbs thing, I just put what i eat in to MFP, and try not to get too freaked out LOL. I get confused easily haha, na not really.
    Good luck, you can do this, we are all here to support each other. It does seem so far away but one step at a time

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    On the bullion, is broth good enough? I do add salt. I just don't eat MSG.
    I do use my own broth, I have not looked for bullion yet, but if you have the carb flu, others are saying it seems to work well

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I'm having a nice hot mug of homemade broth for breakfast today. I have no idea how to count calories or macros so I'm just not going to.

The weekend was a bit off for me.......... we moved my son into his house and food options were not the best. Saturday I ate KFC - baked chicken breast with no breading, fries and 2 biscuits. UGH! I could have eaten ONLY the chicken - but I was really hungry and it all looked good!

I also excussed my new years resolution and we had rum.............

So - I'm no looking at the scale until Friday.
    you can get back on track easily, good luck

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Excellent Ayla!

Well at the moment I am suffering from a combo of carb flu and an exercise hangover. I have only had 6 clean days since the last binge. I can tell I am really in ketosis and if I stick it out should reap some benefits soon. I took a nap, but woke up feeling more tired and achy. I already had one bouillon today, but may have another if I can't break this lethargy.

On Saturday I started back at the gym in earnest. Every muscle aches with DOMS, but I can feel things tightening up. I am planning to go back in tonight. WEEE!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    aw hope you are back feel awesome real soon.
    YAY for the gym, I swear I am going back soon LOL!