Page 128 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 128

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    That is an interesting formula PB, but that would make me 58 kg (127 lbs) It does seem so far away, but probably realistic, but for my height (158 cm), I think I can be as low as 53 kg (I am a med frame), if I was a small frame as low as 49 kg

How tall are you again PB?
    I think 127 would look fine on you at 5'2". The other formula for figuring "ideal" weight for women is 100lbs plus 5lbs for ever inch over 5 feet tall so by that formula you would be "model quality" perfect at 110lbs.

I'm 5'10" so the second formula leaves me with 150 which also works in reality. With the OD formula, 178cm-100=78kg=172lbs which is more than I want.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    That formula is way more for my husband like you though.
    He is 172 kg, but weighs 61 kg.
    He did start primal at 72 kg though, but lost that weight just by dropping grains and packaged foods. Trying to help him maintain at this weight, don't want him to lose more.
    Yes, feed that man. Don't worry about ratios, go for quantity.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    hehe yep feeding him as much as I can make him eat
    I think for me taking the goal one step at a time is better. If I go, oh I have to get to 58 kg, thinking about losing 50 kg is huge, and scary lol

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Erin, I have found that keeping the fat up makes a huge difference in hunger as well as keeping the carb flu down. I also sort of worked my way down in that I first used my goal as 35g of Net Carb, I can now easily do 35g of Carbs straight without subtracting the fiber. No matter what plan you do, you are going to have to give up or change something and the transition can be a bit of work, especially if it is TOM. Hang in there.

The original equation of cm-100 comes up pretty much the same for me= 70. So I guess I picked the correct "HSIS". So I am losing from 118kg to 72kg, a 100lbs or 56kg. And that is the reason I focus on the process, because 1lb seems like a drop in the Pacific, too depressing to get on the scale right now.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yes. I'm 70 inches tall which is 177.8 cm. 77 kg has been my goal all along. Only 65 lbs to go!

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    On the bullion, is broth good enough? I do add salt. I just don't eat MSG.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I think some people find that broth is enough. Some people don't need to focus on that at all.

There are probably types of bullion that don't have MSG, though they probably still have other questionable ingredients. For some, the bullion is just a tool to get through the carb flu. If you don't need it, don't use it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I think when you are getting down to the nitty gritty of whether it is salt or msg or neither or both that will help with the carb flu, it is a very individual thing. This WOE is really a guide and the details of how it works for you becomes an N=1 experiment. So many things go into each person's experience, that there isn't really a blanket answer.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I've tried the bone broth route and it didn't seem to work as well. ???? Just make sure you are putting in about 1000mg of sodium.

The contact amt of MSG in a serving of bouillon is negligible and since I don't always have bone broth on hand, it works for me. I find it helps keep me on plan. A little MSG is worth not blowing ketosis.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Well, I've been eating just packaged broth. Seems if I don't eat either a couple cups of that or an avocado with salt and cayenne (yum!) that I get the no energy thing that day. So I think either one seems to prevent the problem for me. I want to make bone broth but haven't yet. Just wondering if there was anything else in the bullion that I might be missing out on.