Page 127 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 127

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today is the first official start for me and I have to say it was actually hard to stay on track. I've been eating closer to what The Perfect Health Diet (until today) suggests and I feel ravenous today. I haven't felt this hungry in a LONG time. I know I just need to stick to it for a few days and that feeling will go away. I suspect I'm feeling that way because its that TOM for me and I always binge on carbs until it ends.

I have a question about the bouillon, does it matter where it comes from? What I mean is does it matter if it's just generic store brand bouillon, or should I find some that's gluten free and organic? I don't use bouillon much anymore because it has MSG in it and it scares me. Either way, I'd like to start drinking it (I used to drink it a LOT), but I want to make sure what I have on hand will work. I think it will help get me through the times when I feel hungry and want to eat a bunch of carbs.

Also, do we have to stay so low carbs? I know I read somewhere on here that ketosis can happen under 80g of carbs and while I don't want to go that high, I might do a little better with closer to 50g. I'm just wondering how that would affect everything. Oh, I almost forgot, even though I've been doing PB for over a year now, is there a possibility of me going through another carb flu? I feel so scatter-brained and just icky lately and wondered if it could be that.

Thanks everyone!

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Today's totals
    Cals1324
    Fat109 g
    Cholesterol 430 mg
    Sodium 2322 mg
    Carbs31 g
    Fiber10 g
    Protein65 g

acheived purely by eating when not hungry. I guess this is where I am right now. I am glad I'm not starving but geez not hungry at all ever. I never thought I would have the problem of needing to find ways to get in more calories than I am hungry for. Maybe I am still recovering from the flu and my system is out of whack. I have not recovered my energy level back to normal since being sick.

My fat is softer too, I think it is from water being released from the fat cells or something, it's related to eating low carb.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Well I have been hungry sometimes in the evening and I was waking up hungry most morning. I'll see how today goes because it looks like I will have 77% fat, a little low on carbs and protein. So if I don't feel hungry today then it could be that I haven't had the macros right before. Still I think I would prefer getting those 220 calories from my fat bars or from some cheese; I wouldn't feel so deprived.
    I hope you can come to a point where it feels like its working for you soon

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinF View Post
    Today is the first official start for me and I have to say it was actually hard to stay on track. I've been eating closer to what The Perfect Health Diet (until today) suggests and I feel ravenous today. I haven't felt this hungry in a LONG time. I know I just need to stick to it for a few days and that feeling will go away. I suspect I'm feeling that way because its that TOM for me and I always binge on carbs until it ends.

I have a question about the bouillon, does it matter where it comes from? What I mean is does it matter if it's just generic store brand bouillon, or should I find some that's gluten free and organic? I don't use bouillon much anymore because it has MSG in it and it scares me. Either way, I'd like to start drinking it (I used to drink it a LOT), but I want to make sure what I have on hand will work. I think it will help get me through the times when I feel hungry and want to eat a bunch of carbs.

Also, do we have to stay so low carbs? I know I read somewhere on here that ketosis can happen under 80g of carbs and while I don't want to go that high, I might do a little better with closer to 50g. I'm just wondering how that would affect everything. Oh, I almost forgot, even though I've been doing PB for over a year now, is there a possibility of me going through another carb flu? I feel so scatter-brained and just icky lately and wondered if it could be that.

Thanks everyone!
    The level of carbs at which you will be in ketosis is individual, and you'll have to find it. Most of us are taking our desired weight in kilos, subtracting 100, and that's our protein grams for the day, +/- 10%. Half that much in carb grams, and twice that much in fat grams.

THIS IS A RULE OF THUMB ONLY - take any rule as a starting point and determine what works for you.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    This was the formula I used from page one. I don't think you subtract 100 from the kg.

your Ultimate HSIS (Hot Stuff In Swimwear) weight.
    HSIS weight in kilos plus/minus 10% = range for protein grams/day
    HSIS weight in kilos divided by 2 = upper end for carb grams/day
    The rest of your diet is fat. HSIS weight in kilos x anywhere from 2 to 3.5 depending on your weight goals (lower to lose, higher to gain)
    Last edited by Primal123; 01-20-2013 at 06:08 PM.

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    I used that same formula, I think I'm just extra grumpy today because of the lack of chocolate and/or carbs. I'll stop whining and stick to this for a while before I make any adjustments.

Good luck with it Erin.
    it is a little experiment within the macros, you may find you need more carbs, I know I do much better under 20 g per day.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    This was the formula I used from page one. I don't think you sutract 100 from the kg.

your Ultimate HSIS (Hot Stuff In Swimwear) weight.
    HSIS weight in kilos plus/minus 10% = range for protein grams/day
    HSIS weight in kilos divided by 2 = upper end for carb grams/day
    The rest of your diet is fat. HSIS weight in kilos x anywhere from 2 to 3.5 depending on your weight goals (lower to lose, higher to gain)
    You're right. I think the confusion here is the the Optimal Diet writer's formula for finding your ideal weight was taking your height in cm-100. Don't know about anybody else but for me that number ends up being way bigger than I want to be.

The HSIS designation is something I made up as an alternative way of determining "Ideal".

That is an interesting formula PB, but that would make me 58 kg (127 lbs) It does seem so far away, but probably realistic, but for my height (158 cm), I think I can be as low as 53 kg (I am a med frame), if I was a small frame as low as 49 kg

How tall are you again PB?

That formula is way more for my husband like you though.
    He is 172 kg, but weighs 61 kg.
    He did start primal at 72 kg though, but lost that weight just by dropping grains and packaged foods. Trying to help him maintain at this weight, don't want him to lose more.