Page 126 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 126

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I truly am working at not thinking about weight loss at all. I am really focused on the process right now, been disappointed too many times with the scale. I go to see the doc in the beginning of March, I will weigh in the morning before I go so I can compare my scale to hers. I will not weigh before then. I will also measure that day as well.

It drives me absolutely insane knowing that I have spent the last 40 years counting calories in one way or another, adhering to the Calories in/Calories out dogma, to no avail. Even knowing that it didn't work, I kept trying some version wondering the time what the heck was wrong with me. All the crazy shit I have done to try to lose weight and now I would give a lot just to be as fat as I thought I was in high school.

p.s. all of your measurements need to go into the MFP. My memory is that you can add measurements if you want to as well. But really get yourselves a measurement baseline.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I think I'm going to shoot today all to heck. TOM must be very close. I'm hungry and cranky!!! I ate a bunch of chocolate (low carb high fat chocolate)... I have eaten too much protein already and I know I"ll be eating more.. there is going to be cheese involved. Grrrr I can stay under calorie but I don't know if I can keep my macros right today without injuring someone.

The dietary changes must be making my hormones extra bad!

try a cup of bouillon before you eat. I am not suggesting that it will keep you from going over, but it is likely to make you feel better. I was skeptical but it worked. I used one of the double cubes in about 12 oz of water. It was pretty salty but it hit the spot. Some days just don't go the way you want them to, best to let it go and move on.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    If I eat exactly what I've planned to eat today (this includes the 2T oil as per SLD) I will be at 1221. In order to loose any weight we calculated that I would need to eat 1200. When I look at the food it doesn't seem like that much. I'm sure I could manage this today but I don't think I could maintain that for very long. Maybe I should give up the oil and that would give me 220 calories I could use for real food.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I truly am working at not thinking about weight loss at all. I am really focused on the process right now, been disappointed too many times with the scale. I go to see the doc in the beginning of March, I will weigh in the morning before I go so I can compare my scale to hers. I will not weigh before then. I will also measure that day as well.

It drives me absolutely insane knowing that I have spent the last 40 years counting calories in one way or another, adhering to the Calories in/Calories out dogma, to no avail. Even knowing that it didn't work, I kept trying some version wondering the time what the heck was wrong with me. All the crazy shit I have done to try to lose weight and now I would give a lot just to be as fat as I thought I was in high school.

p.s. all of your measurements need to go into the MFP. My memory is that you can add measurements if you want to as well. But really get yourselves a measurement baseline.

The stupid thing for me is I CAN lose weight on CW, eating bread and processed crap. I just don't want to this time because it all comes right back. I spoke to my doc a couple weeks ago about the whole thing and I need to go get bloodwork done to check my thyroid and hormones. Thyroid might be finally low enough to do something about....I've been borderline for years. (Childbearing did a whammy on me.) And I take a low dose of generic Efexor and I just might be the 1% who's weight is affected by it. Just gonna keep on with it.

Yes...wouldn't it be lovely to be as "fat" as we were back in the day?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe try that first UF. Are you feeling like you need any more food?

UF, unless the 2T really seem to be helping, I would consider exchanging them for food. or at least one of them.

Oh, Shelli, in my 40 years of dieting, I have lost many pounds, many many, through an SAD. But never more than about 40 at a time and it always came back with 10 more. It is just not sustainable because I feel like crap the whole time. I have had a variety of blood tests. I honestly believe I have just not found the combo that will allow my body to release the fat and let me feel good enough to sustain it. Now this is definitely one in which I feel good enough to sustain it, if it would just be kind enough to let the body release the fat, it will be perfect!
    Chris
    Unknown

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    UF, unless the 2T really seem to be helping, I would consider exchanging them for food. or at least one of them.

Oh, Shelli, in my 40 years of dieting, I have lost many pounds, many many, through an SAD. But never more than about 40 at a time and it always came back with 10 more. It is just not sustainable because I feel like crap the whole time. I have had a variety of blood tests. I honestly believe I have just not found the combo that will allow my body to release the fat and let me feel good enough to sustain it. Now this is definitely one in which I feel good enough to sustain it, if it would just be kind enough to let the body release the fat, it will be perfect!
    This is true for me too.
    although I have lost, but slowly so far, so will be interesting to see if it keeps up. I do feel great, so that is the most important thing.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Ok I didn't do too bad.. I mean I went way over on protein, I'm sitting at 112 grams after supper, but net carbs are under and I still have calories left. I had crust less pizza, basically stir fry onions, mushrooms and olives and then top with mozzarella and put in the oven. Then pour some sauce in your plate and put on top.. I thought I would eat more but got full quick. So I added the individual items in approximate amounts. I just really want protein today. I've been sore from walking, walking some hills, some extremely steep ones at times. So I'm hoping I will use more protein. Who knows, maybe I need it. Anyway, I sure feel better.
    Last edited by AshleyL; 01-20-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Maybe try that first UF. Are you feeling like you need any more food?
    Well I have been hungry sometimes in the evening and I was waking up hungry most morning. I'll see how today goes because it looks like I will have 77% fat, a little low on carbs and protein. So if I don't feel hungry today then it could be that I haven't had the macros right before. Still I think I would prefer getting those 220 calories from my fat bars or from some cheese; I wouldn't feel so deprived.