Page 124 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 124

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The first (and only) other time I really committed to low carb, was on Atkins. The carb flu was horrendous and would not go away for over 6 weeks. I finally just got out of the induction phase and added some carbs. This time I have not experienced any to speak of. I really only did bouillon 3 days. I think controlling the protein as well as the carbs and upping the fat is the trick.

Primal123, what if you lowered everything in proportion and dropped down to a 1200 calorie goal instead of the 1400 you are shooting for. Say giving yourself a range from 1200 to 1400.

Also, someone mentioned not counting the xylitol (sorry can't remember who). Doesn't it have calories too. I think it is not a non-caloric sweetener. I always counted alcohol calories. I am even counting my fiber carbs now, although I still keep track of the fiber too.

For me, I am not good at recognizing hunger yet. (not saying this is you, just me) There are days when my tummy grumbles but it is just digestion, but it feels like what I would have thought hunger felt like. What hunger has been feeling like for me is a kind of very hard to describe, overall not feeling goodness. I actually notice it in my head, sort of behind my eyes, first. Then I realize the area above my waist and under my ribs feels uncomfortable. Then I feel, for lack of a better term, kind of weak, well really just less energetic. I never really feel it in what I would technically would call my tummy (which is really my intestines I guess) the area behind my belly button.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    That was me on the xylitol. After reading the low carb for performance book, I thought it wouldn't count. But doing other research online, some studies, I think it does. It can kick you out of ketosis. So I am counting it now. But I don't count fiber.. I don't understand why people count fiber. Doesn't insoluble fiber go unabsorbed and soluble fiber only become absorbable after fermented by bacteria into fatty acids? Thus it's more of a fat than a carb?

I don't really know the details of how it works, I just know I feel better when I have a decent amount in my diet. I am shooting for 35g of carb and 15g of fiber. This is a net of 20g which in my memory is what was suggested in the Phinney/Volek (sp?) book. So I don't count it or I do, it depends on your view, but in my diet it definitely matters. I do not feel nearly as well if I just hit 20g of carbs straight as I do when it is net carbs. I do not have the same situation with the alcohols. The xylitol actually gets my IBD active with just a small regular amount (ie. a tsp every day).

p.s. Geo, I think your diary on MFP is set to private, you can set it so that just friends can see it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

joelle is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,
    I'm just scratching the surface on this concept within PB...

So this would be me:

HSIS: 57 kilos
    Protein: 56-58 grams
    Carbs: 28.5 grams

What on earth do you all eat at these levels? That is so few carbs...

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    We have a LCHF recipe group in "groups" which might help. Many of us are logging our food in My Fitness Pal and have friended each other so we can look at what others are eating. I am going for 77 kilos so I get a lot more food than you. There are others here at your intake level. I'm sure they will chime in soon.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joelle View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm just scratching the surface on this concept within PB...

So this would be me:

HSIS: 57 kilos
    Protein: 56-58 grams
    Carbs: 28.5 grams

What on earth do you all eat at these levels? That is so few carbs...
    mostly above the ground veggies, some dairy..its not the carbs thats harder keep in line..its the protein. it is sooooooo easy to go over! we are here to support each other, encourage and listen. welcome!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Yes, but you get 112g of fat. In the recipe group I also posted a discussion that has a link to ideas for healthy fats for NK, you might want to check it out.

My carbs come from the avocado I eat at lunch, and the mixed greens I eat at dinner, other than incidental ones I get here and there.
    Chris
    Unknown

thanks for the thoughts all.. I'll give it a try and see what happens. I've been stalled weight-loss wise for 3 weeks (at least no gaining though!).

ahh, joelle, not to minimize the aggravation of the stall for you, but mine has been about a year and a half.
    Chris
    Unknown

demuralist,
    omg... It's amazing and inspiring that you're so committed to getting through it.