Page 123 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 123

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You could add back like Morton's light salt perhaps?

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    what is you bought them packed in water and made your own brine.. you could make it light
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    It's cool ya'll.
    I've been low sodium for over a year.

Morton's "lite" is a mix of sodium and potassium... bleh. Potassium chloride tastes like butt.
    I take potassium citrate in capsules for my issues to keep my balances correct.

It's cool.
    I just have to really limit some things... and I miss things sometimes.
    Like those olives.

The effects of eating too much salt outweighs the trying to circumvent it though... it really screws with my brain.
    Like Paleobird, I do LCHF for neurological reasons primarily... losing weight I consider a side benefit.
    Also, my neurological reasons are different than her's, so I have some other limits... like the salt/sodium thing.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    It's cool ya'll.
    I've been low sodium for over a year.

Morton's "lite" is a mix of sodium and potassium... bleh. Potassium chloride tastes like butt.
    I take potassium citrate in capsules for my issues to keep my balances correct.

It's cool.
    I just have to really limit some things... and I miss things sometimes.
    Like those olives.

The effects of eating too much salt outweighs the trying to circumvent it though... it really screws with my brain.
    Like Paleobird, I do LCHF for neurological reasons primarily... losing weight I consider a side benefit.
    Also, my neurological reasons are different than her's, so I have some other limits... like the salt/sodium thing.

I really admire Paleobird and yourself for having the strength and maturity to deal with your medical issues without relying on someone else to "fix it for you"! I keep trying to light a fire under relatives who would really benefit from a keto diet and it's just "too difficult". And then of course I'm a rotten example because wheat makes me sick and up til I started HFLC, I couldn't keep out of it. So kudos to you, ladies!

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking that keeping those electrolytes up can have a big impact on avoiding that low carb flu.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    I'm thinking that keeping those electrolytes up can have a big impact on avoiding that low carb flu.
    The one day I had low carb flu really bad, I wanted to die. I was actually ready to throw in the towel. The next day is when I upped the bouillon and then added butter and boy did that help. Now, I'm down to half a cube of bouillon and still keeping the butter in. Totally rocks.

My latest batch of bone broth was the color of dark amber beer. I let it cook in the crockpot for 48 hours. It's pretty damn good.
    Georgette

Georgette I just finished a batch of chicken bone broth and wow..it was rich and a beautiful color. i used it in tonights soup. started another batch. You right though..@ 48 hours is best.
    Karin

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone worry about consistently not meeting their calorie goals? I am still stuck. Eating high fat I cannot come close to meeting my goal unless I eat when I am not hungry which I am reluctant to do. I also don't think it is working for me as I am slowly gaining weight but my calories are low. Today was 890 and I over ate to get to that. Yesterday, I had a high cal. day by eating when I wasn't hungry. I hate feeling full and hate eating when not hungry. Wondering how you guys meet your calorie goals. I am only trying for approx. 1400. Kind of amazed at the weight some of you are losing. Thinking of doing a higher carb day once a week to see how that goes. Sort of did that yesterday ate some white potato. Just rambling here. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal 123 Let me say that this is My Opinion based on my N=1 and reading on the subject.
    It is true that once you are deeply in nutritional ketosis, it is possible to cut down calories or add IF. The problem is that some people don't even hit NK until they have been at it a month with no non ketosis days. I believe that If you are not fully Ketotic and you cut calories by just eating less or IF, your body will believe it is starving. The weight gain could be from the low calories. My concern is that some people started to cut down calories within the first week and never let the ideal weight macro plan work. IMO people should try to at least try not to be under 1200 within the 75/20/5 macros.

I am aiming to be a muscular 170 (77kg) at 5'10". On this plan I am eating 1850 cals / day 80%fat / 15%p / 5%c. I am always hungry when my meals roll around. That may be because I exercise a lot. 2 wt lifting, 1-2 dance classes plus PBF movements at home on off gym days. Some days I have bullet proof coffee and let my breakfast wait, but by the end of the day, I still get in most of my food.

This works for me. Since 1/1 I have lost 12.5 lbs and 12 inches.

I hope you can figure out what is best for you.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by hlhxd View Post
    For the record, the last month the fat has just been sliding off - including my saddlebags. I'm going to have to buy more clothes soon - my pants are getting really baggy. Damn.
    what a GOOD reason to buy clothes!
    Karin