Page 12 of 209 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 12

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Can you exercise now? I found that to be the most effective in body re composition. I think you are right, the high fat component will help with that too. When I hit my lowest Primal weight a year ago, I was eating a decent amount of fat, but was not low carb. I was surprised at how little hanging skin I had on my abdomen.
    I can exercise a little, basically just walking at a moderate pace. I'm working on standing up straight and I walk with a partial limp, not from the break but because I have arthritis in my right knee. Not walking for so long left the knee quite stiff and I'm not able to straighten it completely.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Karin - are you eating a lot (or more than usual for you) of coconut oil? I have heard that a lot of people have to ease into that...

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I did not have any yesterday, I had some today though. I did not have much though.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    NW may have a point about the ACV, you used to do that daily, might be a helpful, easy, cheap way to settle the tummy
    I took some.. waiting to see if it works.. so far so good
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    sad tummies are no fun, especially when you got a kid giving you attitude!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    @Pebbles67, luckily it's not a complicated surgery, but it is one that will mean massive PT for about 8 months before I can return to doing tae kwon do. It will be worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    JackieKessler, I eat a huge salad with mixed veggies every day for dinner. I am working my way down to the VLC, with luck I won't actually have to go super low, but right now I do NET Carbs (carbs minus fiber-an example of one of my obsessions Rosemary!) and that keeps me under my carb target and still allows me to eat the veggies I love.
    Gosh - that's awesome, but doing the macros doesn't work for me. I'm a former bulimic, and I have found that once I get too obsessive about calories or ratios, that leads to disordered eating for me. So I'll use the high (healthy) fat, moderate protein, low (starchy) carb as a guideline. I'll probably have an apple with almond butter as my go-to dessert.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I'm following the thread but won't be joining because I'm about to start the GAPS diet. I just wanted to comment that I've recently had an interesting experience with fat consumption. For quiet a while I'd been getting a lot of my calories from fat but in the past few weeks my carb intake had slowly increased. In the last few days I noticed that I was getting ravenously hungry like I used to get in my pre-primal days. It was getting to the point where if I woke up in the middle of night I couldn't go back to sleep w/o eating something. I also noticed that I was getting irritable. So I decided to see if increasing my fat would make a difference; I just started yesterday and today I already feel so much better. The gnawing hunger went away and I am much calmer. I am convinced that I do much better on high fat. Even while on the GAPS I will keep the fat high.

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Demuralist for the help calculating

What I intend to follow:
    protein- 60g
    fat- 95-100g
    carbs- 30g
    that adds up to around 1,200 - 1,300 calories a day

Thinking I will use my fitness pal to help me calculate this, I have a pretty good understanding of portions and macros but it will help to see it, unless some one has another suggestion

Will weigh and measure tomorrow when I start ... actually kind of excited, the macros seems very adequate
    Is this still going to work if I am jogging or doing light/ moderate work outs?
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    FYI, My router is not working. Due to that and the Holiday, I will be off for a while. Happy Holidays to all.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

well after taking the ACV, I did not have another bout of tummy issues... thank you NW for suggesting it. Sometimes its the simple things we forget that can make everything better. I still have a gallbladder so not sure what the issue was.
    Karin