Page 119 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 119

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Waves! Hey everyone, I am still with you in spirit and effort. I haven't been tracking this week, just eating as I have been and I'm losing. Tonight is opening night of the play is I am doing and tbh, the time and effort is leaving me exhausted. I am going to enjoy the down time in February, just got to get to the summit and enjoy the performances. I hope you are all well. I will be back as soon as I can!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    bacon and pork rinds??To be honest, I even nibble bacon cold. pepperoni is higher fat.. what if you made some mockish pizza. Sauce on the bottom, load with meats (pep, beef etc.) and a few onions, green peppers, mushrooms, olives (whatever). Who needs the cheese? I guess this would be more of a casserole. goulash.

How about this.. ignore the vegan insert lactose intolerant

Coconut Milk Cheddar (UPDATED)
    Ingredients:
    2 cans coconut milk (full fat, thai kitchen brand prefered)
    3 T agar flakes *(see notes below if using agar powder)
    1 t white balsamic vinegar
    4 T tapioca starch
    1 t smoked paprika
    1/4 t liquid smoke
    2 t sea salt
    1/4 c nutritional yeast flakes (optional but definitely gives it more cheesy-ness) - UPDATE
    Pinch of turmeric (for more authentic cheese color - optional)

1. Boil coconut milk until no longer seperated. Add white balsamic vinegar, agar flakes, and salt. Boil gently for 15. * (no need to boil 15 minutes if using agar agar powder)
    2. Add remaining ingredients, one at a time. Whisking all the while! Cook another 5-10 minutes.
    3. Remove from pan and put in greased, flat-bottomed glass dish or parchment paper lined loaf pan.
    4. Let cool two hours. You can also stick in fridge when cool and use the next day. Slice and enjoy! (If it's refridgerated, you can actually grate it. It's a little slippery though and easier to just slice).

*UPDATE (please read Agar agar powder speeds this wonderful process of vegan cheese-making. With the agar agar powder, you don't have to boil it nearly as long. After you add the vinegar, agar agar powder and salt to the milk mixture, let it get a good boil then add all the remaining ingredients one by one whisking all the while. Remove from heat and Place in container.

It seems it would have some carbs but healthy fats as well.

Sweet Roots {Infusions of Herbal Living}: Vegan Quesadillas + Homemade Coconut Milk Cheddar
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

or this

it seems pretty easy.. I think
    Pumpkin's Pantry: Cultured Coconut Milk Cheese
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    or this

it seems pretty easy.. I think
    Pumpkin's Pantry: Cultured Coconut Milk Cheese
    This one looks cool, Karin. I might have to try this today!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    This one looks cool, Karin. I might have to try this today!!!!
    let me know how it turns out. After you perfect it, experiment with other add-ins to give it a new flavor. It seems very versatile.
    Karin

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I didn't wake up hungry!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    RMS - on the nuts, I measure out 1 oz and that is all I get for the day. What about bacon with your eggs? I have been eating a lot of liverwurst. I like to buy the Jones pre sliced pkg. You might like it too since you love pate. How about some pork rinds with your mayo?

My lunch today was 1 oz pork rinds, 2 tbsp mayo and 2 liverwurst rounds. Yum!

EDIT: LOL, I should read the whole thread before I respond. Karin already made these suggestions.

Okay gang today is Saturday. I reported earlier in the week that last Saturday I went to the gym and did a heavy workout in the early morning and ended up binging that night after 12 clean days. My conclusion was that my body needed more of something. I made some changes today to hopefully avoid the binge cravings.

Today I only had my BPC before the gym so that I could save lots of food for later. I made sure I was hydrated before and throughout the class. BTW my Go Wear Fit says I burned 419 calories this morning!!!
    I came home and carefully decided what I was craving for lunch and ate that with pleasure.
    For the rest of the afternoon, I plan to color my hair, paint my nails (Thanks Cori), and possibly see a movie with my friend. If I do not go to the movie, I will take a luxurious nap this afternoon and play video games with my kids.

Tonight if my mind begins to turn toward a binge, I will go to bed early or get on here and yell for help.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-19-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    RMS - on the nuts, I measure out 1 oz and that is all I get for the day. What about bacon with your eggs? I have been eating a lot of liverwurst. I like to buy the Jones pre sliced pkg. You might like it too since you love pate. How about some pork rinds with your mayo?

My lunch today was 1 oz pork rinds, 2 tbsp mayo and 2 liverwurst rounds. Yum!

EDIT: LOL, I should read the whole thread before I respond. Karin already made these suggestions.
    Never thought about liverwurst. Good idea! Is there enough liver in liverwurst, say per 2 rounds, to qualify as a serving of organ meats or offal?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Possibly, not sure what a offal serving would be.

Calories in Jones Dairy Farm Braunschweiger Liverwurst and Nutrition Facts