Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 118

Gay Panda is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    What, dear Panda?!

Mine were delicious!
    How was there a FAIL?

Hmm... was there perhaps too much protein?
    It's OK.
    I'm sure it was really fatty and nice...
    No worries.
    Oh, they were tasty. That was not the issue at paw. They were so tasty that I blew past my protein limit and left it in the dust.*

* That might be slightly melodramatic. I ended up at 88 grams.

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    I'm so glad I clicked on this thread. I've been staring at it for days now and finally decided to see what it was all about.

/mindblown

I actually squealed a little when I started reading the posts. I've been feeling like crap for, well almost my whole primal experience, and I think my macros were WAY off. I lost 40 lbs initially and have stalled, my body fat percent makes me cry and it won't budge! I was feeling desperate and a little bit sorry for myself, and the answer was here all along :O I thought going into ketosis was making me feel icky, but I realize now I never made it into ketosis. I've been slightly following The Perfect Health Diet, but I think this suits me better. I hope there's room for one more person in this group. So what exactly are the "rules" for this thread? Do I need to post everything I eat on here, everyday?

This is what I came up with from the instructions in the first post:
    Goal 52kg
    Protein 58g
    Carbs 27g
    Fat 115g
    Total calories 1375

Oh, and I'm on myfitnesspal also, I recently deleted my old account and created a new one. My username is PrimalSiren.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    No rules
    welcome

I think ive been under feeding my husband lol. He eats what I made for breakfast, scrambled eggs, bacon etc usually, and what ever I cook for dinner, always protein + veg. He usually takes leftovers for lunch, but snacks on nuts and fruits. But unintentionally he has been going quite low carb, he did lose about 11 kg, but is still a normal weight range, at the lower end for his height. He has been a bit tired the last few days, and I think its due to lower carb, it certainly won't hurt to up his fruits and veg intake. So will add veg at breakfast and send a huge salad with the protein for his lunch. I do know we are all different after all .

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Oh, they were tasty. That was not the issue at paw. They were so tasty that I blew past my protein limit and left it in the dust.*

* That might be slightly melodramatic. I ended up at 88 grams.
    But you know how much I love your melodrama!

And just think of all the massive beautiful calf, thigh, and tush muscles you will be building, which burn more fat by the bye, on the Primal Treadmill of DOOM! *cue Ke$ha dancepar-TAY*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I'm getting closer to my targeted macros though still a little high on the calories. I'm not feeling hungry tonight, I hope tomorrow I will wake up not feeling hungry like I did today.

Today: 1317 calories
    103 g fat
    87 g protein, that was a little high
    26 carbs

Thanks to everyone for helping me figure this out.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hi Erin,

Welcome! There are no rules for this thread. We hope to encourage each other in this experiment. Some of us post food here and some on MFP. I see you already did your macros so you are ready to go. There is a LCHF recipe group set up by Demuralist in case you are interested.

My personal advice would be keep the fat high and drink the bouillon. : )
    I'll friend you on MFP.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I had higher than high fat last night and did not wake up hungry. This is kinda new. I also woke up at 6:30am on a weekend! I am assuming sleep is being affected as well.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ok.. I am giving MPF a try.. sent out friend requests.. if I did not get yours let me know
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Erin.

Yeah Karin.

I was hungry last night, so ate. I went over my carbs! not sugar or grain, but over. My net carbs were low though so I am not going to panic. But I gotta get those back down.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, I need help, please. I need some easy "go-to" meals or foods. My constraints: I cannot have dairy, except for butter and ghee, and need to limit the nuts. I also need to keep my protein around the 50 g mark per day.

A few of my current favorites: pate (I finally found my favorite without dairy or other crap in it), egg yolks, mayo, mac nuts (though I have trouble moderating my intake and I swear it takes a lot to make me full!).