Page 117 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 117

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    yep, Paula, it works now.

Karin, you got your fats up! Now what will you have for dinner? you have a decent amount of protein left but not much fat. I try to plug in before I eat it, helps to stay on track.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-18-2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: add

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hey all,
    Looks like you are doing great
    Welcome Blueberry .

I am going to hide out here for a while, due to letting those people get to me. I won't be letting it happen again.
    3 days will weighing again.
    Will be doing half fast this week (just bone broth, and maybe some coffee). Not feeling hungry anyway.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I very very rarely check the main forum, so much misinformation gets spewed, too frustrating.

The beauty of this particular thread is that there isn't any ugliness. The title says what we are up to and if you are not into it then move on, if you are then jump in we are here to support you.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I am just feeling so good today! After exersizing I still felt like going right on to something else, where I normally would want to sit for a while. I cleaned out the nest boxes, which have not bee getting used and were filled with chicken poo. Five five gallon buckets full of poo I hauled away! Threw it onthe pasture, the wind helping me spread it. Put new straw in the boxes. Then came in and helped with supper, I cooked okra and squash to go with the burgers. Oh, and I didn't eat half of it while I cooked it- or have to fight the urge to! That's great for me, I normally can't leave fried squash alone. Not that I don't have an appetite, I have plenty, but it's wasn't causing me to eat before I realized it as happens sometimes. I have lost weight. I had already hit 164 after the flu, which I lost to that from 168 preflu. But of course after eating again (I started this diet at that point, was eating LCHF before that, but not measured, was eating more calories) couple of those lbs came back. So now I'm back down to 164 "legitimately". My goal was to lose 10 lbs before my 10k March 3rd. So far I'm right on track, ahead actually. of course, I had the flu boost, running a fever burns a lot of calories lol.

If I could actually pull off a 2 lb loss per week between now and the race, I'd hit my (figured) ultimate goal weight of 152. But I'm not going to expect that. I lose slow.
    Last edited by AshleyL; 01-18-2013 at 03:24 PM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Feeling really bloated tonight. Probably going to skip dinner. Percentages without dinner look like this: 78/19/4. Total calories: 1528. Pretty close to 1500. Close enough for me anyway. I wonder what this bloating is caused by....

Breakfast: Paleo egg salad
    Lunch: 2 burger patties, swiss cheese, pepper jack cheese, mushrooms, onions, kerrygold
    Snack: 2 cream cheese clouds (felt bloated before I ate these)

I haven't had much for fluids today, so maybe that's the problem. I'll go grab a tea and see if it helps.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    yep, Paula, it works now.

Karin, you got your fats up! Now what will you have for dinner? you have a decent amount of protein left but not much fat. I try to plug in before I eat it, helps to stay on track.
    DD had a late appointment to check the arm and concussion so we ate in town at a cafe. I thought the omelet was the safest option. I shared it with mom so we eat had about an egg and a half. It was stuffed with bacon, sausage ham, onions and peppers. maybe I should have had skinless chicken breast.. eww.. lol final numbers for today:

p-69g 27%, c-17 6%, f-174g 67%, cal-1920 by and large the percentages look fine.. the fat seems a bit high but I do not really know the high end of my fat. My calories are also high which accounts for the excess fat. However, I have so many days well until the 1700 high end, would it not cancel out?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    It would, Karin. The weekly average is the most important, not the daily.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    B: 1 and 1/2 cups coffee w/ cream and CO.
    I somehow left half a cup sitting around and forgot to drink it today.
    Oh, well.

D: Carnitas! Yes, I used that recipe that Mark posted last week. I changed it a little bit, more garlic, extra bay leaf, didn't really measure the spices so they were likely a little on the heavy side, and I dusted in some chipotle powder for a tad of heat... I find it nearly impossible to follow a recipe exactly, and I know I like things really spiced up soooo... I wing things a bit.
    It was delish of course... tender, dripping, fatty, flavorful pork.
    I made a salad to go with it: standard romaine, tomatoes, avocado...
    And whipped up a sour cream dressing with the sauce from a can of chipotle in adobo (and stuff) that was DIVINE!
    Threw a generous handful of chopped cilantro at it all... and squirted with lime wedges.
    Nom!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Tonight's Crispy Carnitas led to a TOTAL FAIL in the protein department.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Tonight's Crispy Carnitas led to a TOTAL FAIL in the protein department.
    What, dear Panda?!

Mine were delicious!
    How was there a FAIL?

Hmm... was there perhaps too much protein?
    It's OK.
    I'm sure it was really fatty and nice...
    No worries.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.